Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
UpperMaster

What’s the difference between INTUITION and IRRATIONAL FEAR

6 posts in this topic

The way I deeply feel about a certain situation often aids me in making decisions in life. This is not a problem until it’s about big decisions as it’s difficult to delineate whether I’m feeling true intuition or some sort of irrational fear or feeling. 

for example, let’s say I get an offer from a job, it seems perfect. The work environment is ideal, it suits my life purpose, it will truly grow me ect, but I have a feeling that it’s a bad decision to go through with for no apparent reason.

Do I trust this feeling?

d This is a common theme is pretty much every decision in life, it almost seems compulsive, I’m not sure if it’s intuition or irrational fear 

5 minutes ago, UpperMaster said:

The way I deeply feel about a certain situation often aids me in making decisions in life. This is not a problem until it’s about big decisions as it’s difficult to delineate whether I’m feeling true intuition or some sort of irrational fear or feeling. 

for example, let’s say I get an offer from a job, it seems perfect. The work environment is ideal, it suits my life purpose, it will truly grow me ect, but I have a feeling that it’s a bad decision to go through with for no apparent reason.

Do I trust this feeling?

d This is a common theme is pretty much every decision in life, it almost seems compulsive, I’m not sure if it’s intuition or irrational fear 

I would diagnose it as OCD or perfectionist illness. 

The best way to deal with irrational fear is to move into it.  But also be willing to accept the consequences of that  too like a grown-up.  I get to the point sometimes where I push things just to see what happens.  And usually all that happens is a whole lotta nothing.  

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

You can hone your intuition by putting it to the test. Take the job and then monitor whether your fears pan out.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I quit a pretty "good" career that paid well and most people wonder why I stopped because it was out of alignment with me. But you can't know what is out of alignment with you without having a deep understanding of your intuitive voice. You can't dismiss experiences you've never had, that's just irrational fear. So try new things and move towards fear. There is ultimately nothing to fear when it comes to stuff like that. There is probably an element of your ego which believes that overthinking and over worrying is helpful. Stop thinking and start experiencing things first, then see if they feel right by listening to your body.  Even if you tried the job for example and didn't like it you could stop.

This is like god vs satan

In other words, trust your body, not your anxiety thoughts. Stop looking for a voice to listen to and start doing what feels right.

I made a post and answered it in a video on this topic already.

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false.