Majed

becoming a bartender to meet women and guys

30 posts in this topic

i'm thinking that if i'm gonna be taking a job, it will be that of a bartender to be able to socialize and meet people. i'm pansexual btw. 

however i'm thinking about the consciousness and ethical aspect of it. since alcohol isn't the best thing for the customer's health. and contributing to that through bartending won't be wise. 

what do yall think?

Edited by Majed

Practically 80% of the worlds occupations and commodities for consumption aren't within the best interest of the participants and consumers. Why pick out alcohol. It's not so much about what you do is how you do it. Serve responsibly and you'll be fine; just don't hit on too many patrons, to get fired.

Wtf is pansexual. All these terms I can't keep up with.

Edited by Princess Arabia

One Love....

@Princess Arabia pansexual means sexually or romantically attracted to people regardless of their sex or gender.

36 minutes ago, Majed said:

however i'm thinking about the consciousness and ethical aspect of it. since alcohol isn't the best thing for the customer's health. and contributing to that through bartending won't be wise. 

I am a food delivery driver under DoorDash and delivery crap food to people.

You gotta start somewhere

The shock thickens 

38 minutes ago, Majed said:

@Princess Arabia pansexual means sexually or romantically attracted to people regardless of their sex or gender.

Thought that was bisexual

One Love....

@Princess Arabia

Bisexuality and pansexuality are terms used to describe different aspects of sexual orientation, but they are often used interchangeably. However, there are nuanced differences between the two:

Bisexuality:

Attraction: Bisexuality typically refers to the attraction to two or more genders. The term "bi" comes from the Greek word for two.

Gender Binary: It is often associated with acknowledging and being attracted to both male and female genders, which aligns with the traditional binary understanding of gender.

Scope: Some people may use bisexuality to describe attraction to their own gender and other genders.

Pansexuality:

Attraction: Pansexuality involves attraction to individuals regardless of their gender. Pansexual individuals may be attracted to people of any gender identity, including those outside the conventional male and female binary.

Gender Inclusivity: Pansexuality is often characterized by an openness to all gender identities and expressions, rejecting the idea of a binary system.

Beyond Binary: Unlike bisexuality, which may imply attraction to two genders, pansexuality explicitly rejects the limitations of a binary understanding of gender.

It's crucial to note that individual experiences and definitions may vary, and some people may use the terms interchangeably or identify with both. Additionally, the language surrounding sexual orientation is continually evolving, and individuals may choose the label that best fits their personal understanding of their attractions. The most important aspect is to respect and use the terms that individuals use to describe their own experiences and identities.

Why don't you go out to the nightlife to meet girls instead?

Sounds like a huge hassle to get a career just to meet girls. And just overall your work and life purpose should not be optimized to get girls...

Also, there is the whole wisdom of not shitting you where you eat.

Connect with me on Instagram: instagram.com/miguetran

@Miguel1 I don't see it as a bad idea tbh.

All the workers at bars hookup themselves.

8 minutes ago, Skavak said:

@Miguel1 I don't see it as a bad idea tbh.

All the workers at bars hookup themselves.

I'm not denying that it would work. But there certainly is more risk at play vs just going out to meet girls outside your work. Especially if you are not yet very charming and skillful, you may end up doing some really uncalibrated stuff, which can get you into serious trouble with your income.

When it comes to bars, working in bars is more sexual by default so it's more easier and natural to end up hooking up vs as a barber.

----

... Wait a minute... I just realized that OP was about BARTENDER - and not BARBER. Silly me, sorry.

English is not my first language. Hahaha I'm laughing at myself.

---

Okay in that case it's probably a good idea, lol. Because it probably doesn't take nearly as much time to train to become a bartender vs a barber.

The downside is that you don't have free nights to actually go out and approach girls and more importantly, practice the skill.

All that being said, I still do think this should just be a temporary solution.

1. Your work and life purpose should not be optimized to get girls.

2. It's good for you to eventually learn how to Cold approach girls as a man, without being dependent on crutches.

Edited by Miguel1

Connect with me on Instagram: instagram.com/miguetran

1 hour ago, Miguel1 said:

But there certainly is more risk at play vs just going out to meet girls outside your work. Especially if you are not yet very charming and skillful, you may end up doing some really uncalibrated stuff, which can get you into serious trouble with your income

What do you mean by some really uncalibrated stuff, and can you give some examples?

The shock thickens 

Sounds like it could be fun

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

The most important consideration is whether bartending suits your strengths and personality type.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura hell no, i'm more attracted to creative, artistic stuff. but when i'm talking about bartending it's just a step in my life until i actualize my life purpose

On 2/2/2024 at 9:02 AM, Majed said:

i'm thinking that if i'm gonna be taking a job, it will be that of a bartender to be able to socialize and meet people. i'm pansexual btw. 

Consider moving to a place like Austin where there are plenty of LGBT-friendly bars you could work at.

The shock thickens 

6 minutes ago, Majed said:

@Leo Gura hell no, i'm more attracted to creative, artistic stuff. but when i'm talking about bartending it's just a step in my life until i actualize my life purpose

That wasn't the point. It's still a job that's best suited for a specific kind of personality whether temporary or not.  

One Love....

It's very problematic to sign up for a job that doesn't suit you. Your strategy should be to align all parts of your life with your core values.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 minute ago, Yimpa said:

Consider moving to a place like Austin where there are plenty of LGBT-friendly bars you could work at.

Are you serious. Moving to another state just to get a bartender job is like moving to another state just to get laid. Plenty of bars everywhere just like plenty of girls everywhere. If it's for long-term, now that's a different story. Yeah, I know getting laid is a serious ting, so don't compare. I know, I know.

One Love....

7 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Are you serious. Moving to another state just to get a bartender job is like moving to another state just to get laid. Plenty of bars everywhere just like plenty of girls everywhere. If it's for long-term, now that's a different story. Yeah, I know getting laid is a serious ting, so don't compare. I know, I know.

I was considering OP’s pansexuality. I don’t know what kind of area OP lives in, but the reality is that not all bars are accepting of people like that.

Remember, LGBT people are still marginalized in society, so it would be wise for someone like OP to move to a more progressive area if one is fortunate enough to have the means to. 

There are also some conservative areas that are also accepting, but you’ve gotta have a good intuition to find them.

Edited by Yimpa

The shock thickens 

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It's very problematic to sign up for a job that doesn't suit you. Your strategy should be to align all parts of your life with your core values.

But, you may not be able to do that right away. Which, you’ve said before. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"