Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
deathendmartin

How and where to promote my YouTube channel ?

13 posts in this topic

Hi, my passion is fitness, health, nutrition and bodybuilding and I would love to start a YouTube channel about that but I have no marketing skills.

Where can I promote my YouTube channel ?

Thank you so much !

Try over here and on reddit.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Make very good videos. 

Study the market. 

To start: comment (valuable comments) under all videos from small and big YouTubers in your niche as soon as they upload. 

Edited by Verg0

I made two normal spiritual post yesterday on my Instagram. I wrote the text below the picture in a way that like "you see auras too?good, ask me questions if you have". Today I see that I got banned for the reason of "misleading people/stealing money from people/promoting in some wrong way". There is a person I spoke with who get always banned when he start speaking spirituality on his Youtube channel. So trying to promote will maybe end up not good.

It's not about promoting your YouTube channel.

YouTube has huge user base already. Just make watchable content and interesting titles, that people actually click on. YouTube will recommend it eagerly to their users. Bit by bit at first. But it will progress.

Promoting your channel outside of YouTube is like selling people Pringles in the subway. You can technically do it and some people might buy, but it is much better to sell it to big supermarkets and let the customers grab it while going grocery shopping.

Only a poor product or service requires marketing.

Edited by Spiral

On 29/01/2024 at 9:39 PM, deathendmartin said:

Hi, my passion is fitness, health, nutrition and bodybuilding and I would love to start a YouTube channel about that but I have no marketing skills.

Where can I promote my YouTube channel ?

Thank you so much !

Fitness-based facebook groups. 

If you have an associated twitter account, use it to promote vids via links.

At influencers, which can get in more views at least. Do this sparingly, as too many will annoy them and they may block your posts. 

Fitness-based message boards are also good. Put a link in the signature, or if they have a dedicated space for sharing content, use that. 

On 08/02/2024 at 5:24 PM, Spiral said:

Only a poor product or service requires marketing.

This is false. People need to find out about a product, or be encouraged to buy it. Marketing is really the entire process of creating and selling a product, from idea conception to advertising and customer service. All products needs this. 

On 04/02/2024 at 5:30 PM, universe said:

It's not about promoting your YouTube channel.

YouTube has huge user base already. Just make watchable content and interesting titles, that people actually click on. YouTube will recommend it eagerly to their users. Bit by bit at first. But it will progress.

Promoting your channel outside of YouTube is like selling people Pringles in the subway. You can technically do it and some people might buy, but it is much better to sell it to big supermarkets and let the customers grab it while going grocery shopping.

It would get more views which in turn would get more traction. People would be inclined to buy Pringles via subway ads. 

4 hours ago, bebotalk said:

It would get more views which in turn would get more traction.

I'd advice against it, instead focus on creating good videos that youtube's algorithm will think kindly of.

On 17/02/2024 at 2:49 PM, universe said:

I'd advice against it, instead focus on creating good videos that youtube's algorithm will think kindly of.

for a new channel, it takes time to build views, and it would get swamped out by others. More exposure on other platforms means more potential and actual views. It doesn't hurt to post a vid in a Facebook group or make a related X account to post vids on.

Edited by bebotalk

@bebotalk Posting links to your YT on FB or X is not best practice, as this would limit your reach on those platforms.

Of course you can promote your video everywhere and some people might stay around. But the problem is that the algorithm won't acknowledge these views. And Youtube is just far better as you are at promoting your video. If the parameters (CTR, retention, session duration) are good. It will do the job for you, every day, without stopping.

57 minutes ago, universe said:

@bebotalk Posting links to your YT on FB or X is not best practice, as this would limit your reach on those platforms.

Of course you can promote your video everywhere and some people might stay around. But the problem is that the algorithm won't acknowledge these views. And Youtube is just far better as you are at promoting your video. If the parameters (CTR, retention, session duration) are good. It will do the job for you, every day, without stopping.

This won't work as well for newer channels imho.