BojackHorseman

Stop thinking

12 posts in this topic

I'm going to be quite bold and trollish here, but I'm depressed and in the middle of a crisis. There might still be truth to this, who knows. 

But basically, I feel like we, overthinkers, contemplative bunch, are missing the point.

After all, life means nothing besides what we do with it. So why think about it if there is no point? There cannot be some kind of truth. That's just looking for an explanation to chaos.

There is none. I've wasted my life thinking and it only made me sad.

I understand the world well in a way, I also do feel like I get most general truths, but they are not leading me anywhere besides being exhausted thinking about a point in life that I can't seem to find.

This balance game is exhausting. I wish I was simple and stupid. But I cannot be because I know too much, and I cannot stay in one quiet place for very long. And life is ticking by but since there is no real point in it, if I go back to being an explorer, I'm just chasing clouds and I can feel it. This is a lose-lose situation that's incredibly frustrating.

Edited by BojackHorseman

Not thinking is not an option. You just need to balance out your thinking with action. And prune your thinking so it's streamlined and productive.

Thinking does not replace action. Make sure you get that.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Not thinking is not an option. You just need to balance out your thinking with action. And prune your thinking so it's streamlined and productive.

Thinking does not replace action. Make sure you get that.

Makes sense. I think I understand things but that's only from a distance. I'm air, water, but no ground at all. I always forget that I don't actually try to use the results of my thinking and contemplation with action. My life is incredibly stale and lacking actual achievements besides basic needs

Not everybody does need to build our of the norm achievements tho, I believe. But since I'm clearly not somebody that can keep still and stable in a daily routine, then I probably have no other choices but to try and get fulfilment through actions besides survival work/couple/play/sleep.

(either that or learning to quiet the mind and accept enjoying a simple life. Which seems hard with adhd)

Anyway thanks for reminding of finding a way to balance and use thinking with action. Funny how obvious this is but how easily I could forget it.

You need some more challenge. Set yourself some higher goals. Throw yourself into some new experiences. You need new grist for the thinking-mill, otherwise your mind grows stale.

Edited by Leo Gura

I perfer to go by Great Satan these days ;)

Edited by Leo Gura

Start feeling

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Try creating a space btwn your thinking Mind and what is You, I find this too be a great way to look at it.

It took millions of Years for our Brains/Minds to be this way, but we are suffering it not making good use of it, so rather than completely shutting it down and becoming numb, just turn down the volume a bit on it, by creating space, observe it, then focus on what is doing the observing..

Our Culture is super conditioned and they want You to be over thinking, over stressed, too busy to realize what is happening in our human world, its horrible, but there are solutions to it..try this Kryia practice, its only a 12 min practice, help a lot!!

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I perfer to go by Great Satan these days ;)

Explain yourself, would you?

I might have said the devil is hot in a previous post… but I would never date Leo. I’m too hot for Leo.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI