sda

Advice regarding dealing with my roommates

7 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I hope you all are doing well.

I want to share a situation here that happened to me with my roommates and I want your guys advice on how to deal with my roommates. I am currently living with 1 roommate in a two bedroom apartment excluding a living room. For the sake of context, I will name my this one roommate T. It was late at night when I returned to my apartment with my friend and T friend was in my apartment. T called me and told me that to put my blanket outside so that T can sleep for the night in my blanket. However, T never returned that night and I know this because when I returned to the apartment early morning, I did not see my T in the apartment. For Your Information, I did not leave my blanket outside for my roommate because I was feeling that something wasn't quite right. After this, I realized that my roommate lied to me so that I can put my blanket outside and my roommate friend can sleep in it therefore making my roommate to exploit me. What can I do in the future to make sure that people such as my roommates cannot easily exploit me?

Thank you

Yahya Yousaf

Edited by sda

Your story doesn't make sense.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@sda Don't worry about it and just try to find better people to be around.

1 hour ago, Carl-Richard said:

Your story doesn't make sense.

That’s literally how all wars begin.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

@Carl-Richard His roommate tried to get him to leave his blanket outside so he can sleep in it when he returns, while @sda thinks it was meant for his roommate's friend who stayed there.

@sda T's friend was probably too shy to ask you for a blanket and got him to organise one. I wouldn't read too much into it.

Edited by meta_male

Sorry for not being clear. What I mean is:

On 19/01/2024 at 10:52 AM, meta_male said:

@Carl-Richard His roommate tried to get him to leave his blanket outside so he his roommate friend  can sleep in it who stayed there when he returns, while @sda thinks it was meant for his roommate's friend who stayed there. who will sleep in @sda blanket when he returns.

I apologize again for not being clear. 

What I mean is that my roommate lied to me so that I can put my blanket outside because my roommate knows that I am loyal to him and if I had put my blanket outside then my roommate friend will sleep in my blanket. This means that my roommate is exploiting me with his lies because his friend is sleeping instead of him. My question from you guys in this thread and the thing that I need help on is that can you guys suggest me what measures should I take in the future to make sure that people such as my roommate for example in this scenario does not exploit me?

For clarity purposes, I will share these messages which he sent to me after the call and I will provide translation to you from urdu to english language

y.jpg

ny apko key ne di mery kamry ki (urdu language)= He did not give you the key (English)

Ab main kahan per saoon ga  (urdu language) = Now, where will I sleep? (English)

Sleep kahan karon ga main (urdu language) = Where will I sleep? (English)

Us ny kaha hai main xxxx ko key dy raha hoon (urdu language) = He said that he gave the key to you (English)

Kindly apky pass jo pehly wala chota blanket hai woh to bahar rakhty jao (urdu language)= Kindly, leave the first small blanket of yours outside (English)

Aj raat main us main guzara kar loo ga, kindly (urdu language)= I will sleep tonight in that blanket which you will leave outside for me, kindly (English)

Edited by sda