Fluran

Tryptamine's degradation in Water, 5-Meo-Dmt Experiment Proposal

9 posts in this topic

Note: I am currently unable to conduct this experiment, so I'm documenting my query here.

I am curious about the potential degradation of 5-MeO-DMT over time when dissolved in distilled water and vinegar. Based on my subjective experiences, it has consistently maintained potency during my travels in various conditions.

Experiment Setup:

Tools Needed: Reagent purity test kits available at DanceSafe

Substance: 5-MeO-DMT, dissolved in distilled water/vinegar

Experimentation Conditions:

Test the substance in both liquid and powder form.

After dissolving, set up different conditions, including variations in container type, temperature, light exposure, and using different liquids.

Perform purity tests on each sample to assess the 5-MeO-DMT purity.

Please note that I am not conducting this experiment personally but am interested in understanding the stability of 5-MeO-DMT under these conditions.

Edited by Fluran

From what I understand psychedelic degradation is a non-issue unless they are being heated.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

While I appreciate your curiosity this won't work the way you intend.

Reagent test kits won't test for degradation which seems to be the whole point of this experiment. For that you would need high performance liquid chromatography, gas chromatography mass spectrometry etc.

Reagent kits are for the identification of substances and possible adulterants/contaminants.

Edited by halfknots

You don't need a test kit. Just test it on yourself.

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You don't need a test kit. Just test it on yourself.

subjective experience is that it has never been degraded.

2 hours ago, Fluran said:

subjective experience is that it has never been degraded.

And that's all that matters.

You know you’ve  taken the legitimate substance once it demonstrates that matter is an illusion.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

If we're talking about 5-MeO-DMT hydrochloride, fumarate, or other salt, it is extremely shelf stable.

Freebase on the other hand will degrade when exposed to light, heat, moisture, and air.

@Fluran You should learn basics of chemistry because such experiment is worthless. The test kits only give you an idea of what group of substance you have based on color of the reaction. Can't tell you purity level, can only tell you if the dealer has done a mix up of substances or adulterated the substance with a radically different substance, like for example amphetamine.

Also, even very professional tests on proper machines won't tell you if you have gotten some plastic from a plastic container in your substance, as they would need to look for it specifically to find it.

4 hours ago, halfknots said:

Freebase on the other hand will degrade when exposed to light, heat, moisture, and air.

Although, it will look degraded well, well before it really degrades. Even freebase is resilient and mainly changes only how it looks. Air and sunlight is the worst thing that can happen, other than exposing it to it at the same time, it should be perfectly ok for a year or two. Perfectly.