Princess Arabia

The Sound of Silence

27 posts in this topic

Can you hear the sound of silence. I can. It sounds like a very quiet screeching sound. Like small insects far away chirping but right in your space. That's the best way I can describe it. Like a very quiet whistling sound that penetrates the room you're in. If the room is quiet and there is no noise like the tv or music on, I can hear it. Like dead silence. That's when it's more pronounced; that's the only time it becomes audible to me.

I don't hear it all the time, though. Once, when I remembered, I was sitting in my room in dead silence and was listening for it but I couldn't hear it. I'm sitting here now and it is very loud. Not loud as in loud, because it's still silent, but loud enough to notice. I hear it more times than when I don't. It's like if you had on a silent sound from like a sleep app with rain falling or something, only this sounds like a very screeching sound like insects chirping in the air.

Anyone else ever hear this silence. It's very soothing. It's not coming from anywhere. It's just silently penetrating the room. 

No I don't have tinnitus or an ear infection. This sound is coming from outside the ears, more like up in the ceiling if I was to pinpoint a specific location but it's not really coming from anywhere. No, I don't have crickets in the attic either.

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time. Death is the end of the illusion.

weird I am just reading this message and I really experiencing this. is like really insects chirping, a continumm

Of course.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Just now, Rafael Thundercat said:

weird I am just reading this message and I really experiencing this. is like really insects chirping, a continumm

Yes exactly. Are you hearing it now? It's very loud tonight. Silently loud. Like a screeching whisper. Loudest I've heard it.

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time. Death is the end of the illusion.

52 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

it’s the humm of the universe

It's humming loudly tonight.

56 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

Of course.

No, it doesn't sound like that. I'm listening to the sound and listening to this side by side and it doesn't sound like this. This is too deep and bass-like. This sound is more of a higher pitch.

Sweet. Now, can you also feel the emptiness of space? That's when things really start to get interesting...

Why so serious?

Posted (edited)

17 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

I love this rendition.

If you listen closely at the 2:18:00/2:19:00 marker, that sounds a lot like the sound i'm referring to. Just hear it without the voice singing and imagine it a few pitches higher and more drawn out. 

This song gives me goosebumps. 

Edited by Princess Arabia

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

Sweet. Now, can you also feel the emptiness of space? That's when things really start to get interesting...

Is this really the sound of the Universe speaking. If you say yes, i'm going to cry. Can you also feel the emptiness of space? Describe it.

Just now, Princess Arabia said:

Is this really the sound of the Universe speaking. If you say yes, i'm going to cry.

xD

Everything you hear is the sound of the Universe!

Sometimes when I am surrounded by a crowd of people (like when I am sitting at a restaurant), I like to close my eyes and become aware of the fact that I am listening to the thousand voices of God.

Why so serious?

I swear this song is the Poster Song of the Universe. It blends in perfectly with the sound I'm hearing. 

you haven't heard silence till you've dissolved into the present moment.

Posted (edited)

1 minute ago, Francis777 said:

you haven't heard silence till you've dissolved into the present moment.

I didn't hear this comment,😜 I AM the present moment.

1 hour ago, Princess Arabia said:

Can you also feel the emptiness of space? Describe it.

Well, there's the catch... you can't really describe emptiness; it's like trying to describe the color red. The only thing you can say about it is that it's simultaneously fullness... absolute full emptiness, if you will. But it is a very tangible sensation, and it can completely absorb you if you get in touch with its "frequency" (which is of course exactly what technique like meditation and yoga are for). These days, I like to call it the Om vibration or Om frequency. 🕉

Why so serious?

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

Everything you hear is the sound of the Universe!

Sometimes when I am surrounded by a crowd of people (like when I am sitting at a restaurant), I like to close my eyes and become aware of the fact that I am listening to the thousand voices of God.

Focus deeply enough and you may even hear a person(s) fart(s).

Smelly Silence.

Edited by Yimpa

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

Focus deeply enough and you may even hear a person(s) fart(s).

Smelly Silence.

This joke tuned backwards will make sense. This doesn't. Silent fart, hear the smell. Lol

You and I are probably the corniest jokesters on this forum.