Princess Arabia

I Will Share My Facial Routine For Those Who Care

13 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

To cleanse, I use oils. (It's called OIL CLEANSING) Google.

The oil bonds to the dirt on your skin and protects it from drying out. It balances out skin tone for an even tone. Great for all types of skin. I have combination skin (T-zone oily and outer dry). Ever since doing this method, it balanced it out and now it's neither oily nor dry, but even. I use a variety of oils, depending on what I have on hand. 

Cold pressed olive oil or unrefined coconut oil are my go to's, but I also use sweet almond, argan, rosehip, sesame (not the cooking oil), grapeseed (not too often with this one). Any kind of organic (preferably) high quality oil, not specifically for face.

I smear a lot on my face put a warm washcloth over my face for a few seconds then wipe. I repeat the wiping process (about 2 or 3 times) till the oil is removed. Then I just rinse. That's it. Clean face. Then I use the same oil to moisturize. Done.

If i wear eye shadow, I may use my black soap to wash my face or just the eye part to remove the eye shadow, but the oil does the same trick. I haven't worn foundation nor face powder in years. Don't need it. I used to, but the oil cleansing method evened out my skin where I don't need to use them anymore. I only wear eye-shadow, eye-liner, and occasionally lipstick (very rare) and mascara. I also, on occasion, use plain yogurt (regular or Greek) and nut milk (as I never buy cow's but that'll work too) to cleanse my face. Got this from the famous Cleopatra who I understand used to bathe in milk. Sorry, I won't go that far.

My pampering on occasion (maybe once or twice/mth). FACIAL STEAM

To a pot with water, I put loose leaf teas, herbs and essential oil. whatever I have on hand. Green tea leaves, parsley, orange peel, aloe vera leaf, ginger, lemon/lime. I mix and match. If I have teas in a bag I open and pour the leaves out in the pot, but I mostly make my own teas so I always have loose leaves like soursop leaves. Herbs rosemary, thyme (great for sinuses) etc. I mean you name it, nothing fresh is off limits. As long as it's not onions or garlic. I've used bay leaves. 

I put a large towel over my head and put my face over the pot to steam. Anywhere from 5 - 15 min, lifting my head every 2mins or so to breath even though I do breathe in the herbs and teas for detox purposes. I also like to put a drop or two of essential oil or oil of oregano to the pot.

MISCELLANEOUS TREATMENTS: Scrubs, pastes etc.

I like to put the following on my face just randomly while home. This list is all the things I might put on my face and leave on. Timing varies, but it's all edible so no time limits. Sometimes even all day if not going anywhere.

Bananas, avocados, cucumbers, watermelon, turmeric, ginger, fresh orange/grapefruit juice, whatever smoothie I make, cinnamon, nutmeg, fresh aloe, any kind of berries, grapes. Can't think of any other right now but all these have their benefits on the skin. If I'm eating an orange, for instance I'll just squeeze the remnants of the juice and rub all over my face and let it sit there till I wash it off. Same for all the above. Whatever, whenever. No specific routine for this, just whenever whatever.

There you have it. Haven't had a pimple in over 10 years and you can't tell if I have on foundation or not. 

Ladies (gentlemen too) give this a try. You just might eat it.

Oh, I forgot. I also use honey as a facial. Love, love, love this. Manuka or just raw honey. Just warm with olive oil and put on face for however long. Don't know how I forgot this as it's my fav thing to put on my face. I also do an egg white mask on occasion. Also coffee and sugar scrub. Use with coconut oil to scrub.

Just a side note here: I don't spend a lot of time nor resources on my face or even in general on my routines. It may appear that way because of how detailed I explained it and the precision. It takes less time to apply than to explain. Like as I'm sitting here editing this part, I just had breakfast and I had an orange and just dabbed a little bit of the juice on my face while sitting here typing I have it on. I just dab these things on while home on a constant bases with no special routine. 

Edited by Princess Arabia

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time.

Just to show my facial skin with no foundation. The oil cleansing method is great for an even skin tone.

20220110_003329.jpg

Lol, I love the elaboration here, however, my masculine disposition doesn't find its' extensive nature particularly alluring (I'm a simple, minimalist man).

Your skin is flawless, 10/10, amazing.

I have encountered claims suggesting that coconut oil is comedogenic, however, so far, so good (I shaved again using the coconut oil you recommended, only this time after a hot shower, and the results were remarkable: I immediately tossed my conventional shaving cream).

4 hours ago, Jason Actualization said:

Lol, I love the elaboration here, however, my masculine disposition doesn't find its' extensive nature particularly alluring (I'm a simple, minimalist man).

Your skin is flawless, 10/10, amazing.

I have encountered claims suggesting that coconut oil is comedogenic, however, so far, so good (I shaved again using the coconut oil you recommended, only this time after a hot shower, and the results were remarkable: I immediately tossed my conventional shaving cream).

Great. Glad it worked out for you. You can also experiment with it by whipping the oil to create a shaving cream like consistency , but that's a bit more work. I believe you can find out how to do this online.  I follow "Coconut Mama". She has great tips and recipes using coconut oil. Check her out, if you're up to it.

When I was writing my facial post, I said to myself this is going to seem a bit extensive but if you really look at it, you'll really see that most of the timing is in the writing and explaining of this stuff. I have the simplest routine ever and I don't spend a lot of time or even resources on it, it just appears that way. All the foods I mentioned I eat and/or cook with and will dab on while cooking or preparing a meal. The oil cleansing takes less than 5minutes and only involves oil. Steaming once or twice a month by throwing some stuff in a pot. I am also a minimalist to a degree and i don't bother with a lot of crap, it just seems like I spend a lot of time doing this, I don't. Its the explaining that makes it seem that way. 

28 minutes ago, sholomar said:

Nice post. I use Tretinoin mixed with Cerave. That's my routine. I get the tretinoin from an online pharmacy.. I believe I have it bookmarked...

https://www.alldaychemist.com/tretin-cream-0-05-30gm.html

Sunblock in the summer when outdoors also.

Wow, double dose of toxins. EDTA & PEG20 along with other chemicals in Tretinoin aren't good, but to each is own. 

On 2024-01-05 at 5:13 AM, Princess Arabia said:

Just to show my facial skin with no foundation. The oil cleansing method is great for an even skin tone.

20220110_003329.jpg

🤗 dat skin glow

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

3 hours ago, Thought Art said:

🤗 dat skin glow

Part of it is the lighting but it's still without make-up foundation.

8 hours ago, shree said:

@Princess Arabia 

Your skin looks great. 

Any tips for whitening teeth without causing damage?

I will list a few things and you can try them all out as they're all edible and will not damage your teeth when used in moderation.

The obvious and most common is baking soda. Use sparingly as it can damage tooth enamel and if using straight brush very lightly. I recommend using it as a chaser as in with the other things I'll mention.

Crushed strawberries, basil leaves (crushed), tumeric (powder or juice), coconut oil, eggshell powder(sparingly), activated charcoal.

Ditch the Colgate and Crest and other conventional popular toothpastes and mouthwashes like Listerine. Use food-grade hydrogen peroxide, different essential oils diluted with h20, e.g peppermint,cloves, neem mouthwash(also toothpaste). 

On 26/01/2024 at 7:31 PM, Princess Arabia said:

I will list a few things and you can try them all out as they're all edible and will not damage your teeth when used in moderation.

The obvious and most common is baking soda. Use sparingly as it can damage tooth enamel and if using straight brush very lightly. I recommend using it as a chaser as in with the other things I'll mention.

Crushed strawberries, basil leaves (crushed), tumeric (powder or juice), coconut oil, eggshell powder(sparingly), activated charcoal.

Ditch the Colgate and Crest and other conventional popular toothpastes and mouthwashes like Listerine. Use food-grade hydrogen peroxide, different essential oils diluted with h20, e.g peppermint,cloves, neem mouthwash(also toothpaste). 

Thanks, I will try this B|

Any advice on eyelid eczema? Moisturizer seems to make it worse.

2 hours ago, ZenAlex said:

Any advice on eyelid eczema? Moisturizer seems to make it worse.

Try plantain leaves. Go online and search plantain leaves. They have in tinctures and salves like the one shown here. It grows wild everywhere even in my front yard. (the leaves, it's considered a weed) I've used it on bee stings that would disappear within minutes. It may help. Something as delicate as the eyes should be cared for with caution. This is a miraculous plant and may help. Sales for it is online but if you have it grown close to you, you can just crush the leaves, squeeze out the juice and carefully apply it to the affected area. Aloe may also help to soothe.

plaintain salve.jpg