Thought Art

Looking for Recommendations for Face cleansing and hydration products

45 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I asked ChatGPT for data on ceravr e hurting endocrine system and there is no data

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

No idea what to do

◭"89"

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

I asked ChatGPT for data on ceravr e hurting endocrine system and there is no data

It's bad. I know. I've already in the past did research on most of those ingredients. Parabens and edta especially. Not sure about tocopherols. You cannot trust the marketers because, of course they want to sell their products and you cannot trust the FDA or whoever big organization that's in charge of recommending a products's safety.

Edited by Princess Arabia

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

◭"89"

Posted (edited)

@Princess Arabia What do you recommend? I’ll review your post 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

Posted (edited)

28 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

@Princess Arabia What do you recommend? I’ll review your post 

It's hard for me to recommend commercial products to people like skin care as I stay away from most of them, especially the popular ones. Like I said in my skin routine post, I oil cleanse. I also, which I didn't mention there, use plain yogurt to wash my face or even milk. So if you're asking me to recommend a commercial face cleanser, I don't think I can, especially for men. I can, though, recommend maybe certain brands that are not that main stream for you to go to their website to see their products and if they offer what you're looking for.

TRUVANI

Dr. Ben Kim

A healthy Life - Markus.......?? ( forgot his last name but YT this and go on his channel in the about section for his products

Coconut Mama (She just started a brand, but I forgot the brand name for her product line. Just YT and do the same)

That's all i can think of off hand at the moment. 

These are all toxic-free products of high quality. 

Edited by Princess Arabia

@Princess Arabia Okay thanks I will look into it. 

◭"89"

It is good to work on a skincare routine. But at the end of the day, all the best beauty products won’t help you in the long-term if you cannot appreciate your appearance as it is right now.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

2 hours ago, Yimpa said:

It is good to work on a skincare routine. But at the end of the day, all the best beauty products won’t help you in the long-term if you cannot appreciate your appearance as it is right now.

Yes, the great paradox of personal development, which is to square the circle of concurrently loving oneself while seeking "betterment."

To be clear, however, whether or not one appreciates their current appearance is irrespective of the impact that good hygiene and lifestyle will have on ones complexion, i.e., it is going to enhance your skin either way.

That said, the problem is that, wherever you go, there you are, and so, if you cannot appreciate your appearance currently, you will be chasing the horizon, forever striving, but never arriving.

2 hours ago, Yimpa said:

It's not about appearance alone but ways of taking care of the body. You go to therapy to develop a better version of yourself. Some take care of their skin to develop better skin or to maintain it. Some have pimples and acne. Low self-esteem because if it. Resolving that may raise ones self-esteem. Self-development. Skin development. Doesn't mean appreciation isn't present. You water your plants. You tend to them. Same difference. 

My skin is very nice, I want to take care of it now while it's nice so I can maintain it and it can age well.

◭"89"

Beauty is in the eye of the moisturizer.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

@undeather I think I just need to be able to clean my skin, and protect is from the sun. I Don't really struggle with dry skin, and I really don't know much about the skin organ or how it works. So, I don't know if any skin care products are worth it at all.

◭"89"

27 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

@undeather I think I just need to be able to clean my skin, and protect is from the sun. I Don't really struggle with dry skin, and I really don't know much about the skin organ or how it works. So, I don't know if any skin care products are worth it at all.

Why don't you just cleanse it with a good oil (olive, coconut or any high-end face oil like argan or rosehip) coconut oil does give some protection from the sun but you can also find not-toxic sun screens too. I highly suggest the oil cleanse method. At least do it once and tell me how it felt. So simple. Dab some oil on and wipe off. That's it. Amazing results. See my post on it for slight details. 

If you can get fresh aloe plant where you are, use the gel straight from the plant and smear sparingly over face after you wash. Leave it on under whatever moisturizer you're using. Aloe is highly moisturizing and is also a natural sunscreen. I mean it's that simple. 

My post was long only because I was explaining in detail and i do scrubs and steaming and feed it with food, which is only on occasion and doesn't take away from time.

Oil -wipe - aloe-moisturize. That's it. There's your hydration. Aloe is perfect for that. So is the oil cleanse method.

50 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

Look, skin cleansing is not an exact science. There have been more than enough suggestions in this thread already - go pick one and try it out for yourself - experiment a bit, see how your skin responds. If you are worried about potentially harmful chemicals, then Princess Arabia & Jason have provided reasonable alternatives. The reason why I use Cerave products is because I use them and it greatly improved my skin. While I also think that we need to be cautious in the face of ubiquitous, potentially harmful & endocrine disrubting compound exposure - the dosages and pharmakokinetics used in skin care products like Cerave (especially those you wash of instantly like a cleanser) seem to be pretty benign. People fear about miniscule compound exposure in beauty-products, which for the most part can't even penetrate the skin barrier - but then go out and eat their beef or salmon which provably contain a mixture of dozens contaminations in much, much higher concentrations.

When it comes to sunscreen - don't fuck around. Oils and other, alternative sun protectors show inadequate proteaction. Skin cancer has become the most frequent neoplastic disease among the Caucasian population in Europe, North America and Australia, and its incidence has reached epidemic proportions. I advice sun screens containing mineral compounds like zinc or titanium oxide - everything we know so far is that those compounds don't seem to get absorbed systemically and show very good UV-protection. 

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

5 hours ago, undeather said:

People fear about miniscule compound exposure in beauty-products, which for the most part can't even penetrate the skin barrier - but then go out and eat their beef or salmon which provably contain a mixture of dozens contaminations in much, much higher concentrations.

You have a point here. Personally, I'm not that strict about health. I take precautions when I can and if it doesn't require a whole lot of shenanigans. E.g toilet paper (using brown instead), laundry soap (as long as my skin isn't visibly irritated or rash develops), eating certain foods I love occasionally like pizza and wings, drinking wine, buying water in plastic bottles etc. Certain things I just won't do, e.g use artificial sweeteners, drink soda except an occasional ginger ale like 5-10x/yr when my kombucha is unavailable, use commercial pancake syrup like Aunt Jimena, use margerine, aerosol sprays, plug-in air freshners and the list goes on. The no use list i mentioned are very dangerous even with limited use. 

So I pick and choose my poisons because in todays society it's quite difficult to stay away from it all. If I find where oil cleanse works great and I opt to use that method while still eating chicken from the grocery store that may have antibiotics or drink a bottle of water that contains fluoride or eat a piece of farm-raised salmon eating out for dinner, that toxic face cleanser i would be using instead of oil cleansing would just be additional unnecessary toxins in addition to what I'm already putting in my body knowingly or unknowingly. 

Some people are out here using and eating everything that's toxic to their body's EVERYTHING; from food to personal care to house cleaning to relationships to what they feed their minds, to drinking, smoking, and breathing in from air pollution. So my thing is to limit what I can, indulge when I feel like it, then recuperate back quickly and detox. That's my strategy without depriving myself and being all anal about this health thing. Sometimes what you don't do can be more powerful and more effective than what one does.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Princess Arabia said:

You have a point here. Personally, I'm not that strict about health. I take precautions when I can and if it doesn't require a whole lot of shenanigans. E.g toilet paper (using brown instead), laundry soap (as long as my skin isn't visibly irritated or rash develops), eating certain foods I love occasionally like pizza and wings, drinking wine, buying water in plastic bottles etc. Certain things I just won't do, e.g use artificial sweeteners, drink soda except an occasional ginger ale like 5-10x/yr when my kombucha is unavailable, use commercial pancake syrup like Aunt Jimena, use margerine, aerosol sprays, plug-in air freshners and the list goes on. The no use list i mentioned are very dangerous even with limited use. 

So I pick and choose my poisons because in todays society it's quite difficult to stay away from it all. If I find where oil cleanse works great and I opt to use that method while still eating chicken from the grocery store that may have antibiotics or drink a bottle of water that contains fluoride or eat a piece of farm-raised salmon eating out for dinner, that toxic face cleanser i would be using instead of oil cleansing would just be additional unnecessary toxins in addition to what I'm already putting in my body knowingly or unknowingly. 

Some people are out here using and eating everything that's toxic to their body's EVERYTHING; from food to personal care to house cleaning to relationships to what they feed their minds, to drinking, smoking, and breathing in from air pollution. So my thing is to limit what I can, indulge when I feel like it, then recuperate back quickly and detox. That's my strategy without depriving myself and being all anal about this health thing. Sometimes what you don't do can be more powerful and more effective than what one does.

That's very reasonable -I do the same!

Edited by undeather

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

Posted (edited)

I get all my skincare products from: https://alitura.com/ 

I have been using their cleanser and moisturizer for months now and they are superb, as far as I can tell (and smell fantastic).

I also regularly use their clay mask, which is really powerful and immediately makes my skin look way smoother.

Additionally I’ve taken Schmachtenbergers Qualia Skin supplement, which is supposed to improve your skin „from the inside“ (you swallow pills) - that’s also had a noticeable impact, as far as I could tell.

Sauna also seems to improve my skin substantially.

Besides that, high quality (organic) unprocessed foods (coffee is especially delicate and can easily impact your skin negatively, if the quality isn’t there - I drink Bulletproof, which is the cleanest coffee available, as far as I’m aware), enough hydration and regular exercise.

I smoke a pack of cigarettes every other day, but have the skin of a facial model, having nailed all this other stuff.

Edited by Nilsi

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

43 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

I get all my skincare products from: https://alitura.com/ 

Excellentaniano, Superblificious, Magnificentally Fabulousity. 

Had to exaggerate that because It's hard to find a skin-care company as clean as them online. Couldn't find one questionable ingredient. I will save them in my computer and check them out and maybe order a few of their products. Probably start with one or two first to see how I like it. Thanks for posting. And people say, get off this forum. It's not the forum but how you use it. I'm always on the lookout for company's like these that produce quality skin-care. I just need an all make-up company now to trust in. If I look hard enough I'll find. 

10 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Excellentaniano, Superblificious, Magnificentally Fabulousity. 

Had to exaggerate that because It's hard to find a skin-care company as clean as them online. Couldn't find one questionable ingredient. I will save them in my computer and check them out and maybe order a few of their products. Probably start with one or two first to see how I like it. Thanks for posting. And people say, get off this forum. It's not the forum but how you use it. I'm always on the lookout for company's like these that produce quality skin-care. I just need an all make-up company now to trust in. If I look hard enough I'll find. 

Biohacking online-shops are a goldmine for this kind of stuff — I’m sure you’ll find some excellent make-up products that way. 

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus