Applegarden8

Happy new year and troubleshooting for artists

6 posts in this topic

Hey,

I just wanted to wish you guys a happy new year.

But I also have a message to my fellow artists.

Depending on who you are; a successful artist with a casual tension or moment of confusion, an artist on hiatus, an aspiring artist who still is yet to figure how to do things or somebody who is wanting to express their creativity.

I want to say that it's worth starting, continiouing to express and nurturing your art form or vehicle of art. Please have the courage to keep preserving your authentic identity and guard it from mediocrity and rat race. Yes, rat race is devastating, we maybe have to spend most energy surviving, but that's what makes the art better for the future generations to witness and see how we lived. It's not about sharing everything you have today. It's about nurturing the tree of your creative project or skill and learning the process. You will change multiple times because of this and you will learn something only you can reproduce and what will make it unique is the content and self-defining methods you will learn on the way. It is worth sitting alone, it is worth that frustration and worth breaking that frustration, it is worth it to do it not knowing if you will be able to do that again, it is worth the frustration. You will learn things society cannot teach you.

Don't kill your dreams because of some naysayers or some ridicule. These people don't and can't know you. They will endlessly project something they didn't want to solve themselves for the rest of their lives. You are doing the opposite with your artistic intent. Don't be afraid to make mistakes and be criticised, bad artwork is the basis of good artwork and most people don't understands these invisible methods and instrastructure other than other artists. You will also be more engaged with other people's art, because artists understand each other and are able to get more inspired and appreciative of the art and messages of others. They understand that you can pay attention to something endlessly and you will find something new. Abusive people and people who ridicule and gossip have no vision for you, so how can you take them seriously? They have no well tought advice for you. They don't even have vision for themselves usually. But you do. And this vision is worth living. It is worth trying. It is worth stimulating non-mechanical parts of the brain. You are Mahadeva, this is your birth right to live how you want and to continuously attempt to live how you want. The process IS worth it. Don't forget to visualize what you want to DO, regardless of the obstacles, you will see that it generates positive feedback within you.

Keep going, my friends.

Edited by Applegarden8

Everything is working as designed to elevate towards the higher good

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Thank you, much needed to hear =) 

Posted (edited)

Awww. Can relate a bit to this tho I'm not an artist. But going after your passion when it doesn't pay is something I can relate. I like the spirit and determination in the post. Reminds me of a spirited spiritual seeker who's constantly faced with the decision to chose love over fear. More power to you:) 

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

On 1/3/2024 at 10:19 PM, Salvijus said:

Awww. Can relate a bit to this tho I'm not an artist. But going after your passion when it doesn't pay is something I can relate. I like the spirit and determination in the post. Reminds me of a spirited spiritual seeker who's constantly faced with the decision to chose love over fear. More power to you:) 

There was a short period of time where I practiced my guitar in a car. :) I am happy that I continued and realised some important things about myself and life not to go into more detail.