mmKay

STOP Allowing your Attention to be HIJACKED - Fix your Technology 📱 Mega-THREAD

35 posts in this topic

The classic commonplace book. Hope you didn't miss out on this one. It's never too late to start. You can only go so far with scattered notes 

World's 1# Spiritual Twerking Coach 🍑

WhisperSync is pretty good if you struggle with focusing while reading or you want to speed read a book. It's basically reading the book and listening to the audiobook at once.

Alternative: What I do is if I have a PDF version of the book ( dont ask me where from ) I just open it in Microsoft edge browser. Right click the text and select a voice. It's absolutely fantastic and free.

Edited by mmKay

22 minutes ago, mmKay said:

The classic commonplace book. Hope you didn't miss out on this one. It's never too late to start. You can only go so far with scattered notes 

I just opened this brand new Water flosser I’ve actually had for 6 months; never bothered to unbox it until someone amazing on this forum inspired me (you know who you are) ^_^

IMG_4286-min.jpeg

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

YouTube, forums and search engines are free

Don't value it less because of it being free.

Have a quick read:

Price-Quality Heuristic:

The price-quality heuristic is a mental shortcut or rule of thumb that individuals use when making judgments about the quality or value of a product. It involves assuming that higher prices correlate with higher quality and vice versa.

Marketing Implications: Businesses leverage the price-quality heuristic in their marketing strategies. Setting a higher price can enhance the perceived value of a product, even if the actual quality might not significantly differ from lower-priced alternatives.

Don't be mentally lazy. We should be infinitely grateful for living in this day and age. We are sitting on a gold mine.

Treat these tools with the respect they deserve.

Edited by mmKay

Leo on YT premium:

https://www.actualized.org/insights/youtube-premium-is-great

Midroll ads are so intrusive. Imagine you're having dinner at restaurant and suddenly a waiter takes away your food and starts waving around your mouth some other BS for 5 seconds before giving you your plate back again

For me it just screws with my thought streamline 

Edited by mmKay

21 hours ago, Thought Art said:

Please fix your title of the thread so it's not so spammy

Request to bring original title back. Leo does have a public video called - quote- " 30 way society fucks you in the ass" end quote. 

Please check with your manager 

@Leo Gura

Absolutely track your finances in some way. I use this scuffed Spanish Android APP called " Gestor de Gastos" but you can do better.

Simply being mindful and noticing / taking note of every time you have an expense already influences your wallet positively 

Quantum finances right there everybody

Digital Wellbeing app. It's already installed on your smartphone. 

It's good to see raw detailed data and graphs of your phone usage for awareness and troubleshooting.

Edited by mmKay

F.lux automatic blue light filter.

On 23/12/2023 at 3:42 PM, Danioover9000 said:

@mmKay

I agree based on many developmental factors like Spiral Dynamics stages of development, cognitive and moral development, personality types/traits, 9 stages of ego development, Architypes by Carl Jung, Integral Theory's other lines of development in an individual's life to societal domains, and ideological beliefs indoctrinated by culture and family structure, and informationdevelopmental factors like Spiral Dynamics stages of development, cognitive and moral development, personality types/traits, 9 stages of ego development, Architypes by Carl Jung, Integral Theory's other lines of development in an individual's life to societal domains, and ideological beliefs indoctrinated by culture and family structure, and information ecology like social media, news, radio, video, TV programs and many more that are leveraged by big companies who are capitalist and neoliberal in ideology to manufacture consent in the population for conspicuous consumption. I definitely agree that technology as a developmental field is like a force multiplier for regressive and sometimes progressive trends in development. I made the following threads here about it:

You defalt long list of developmental factors like Spiral Dynamics stages of development, cognitive and moral development, personality types/traits, 9 stages of ego development, Architypes by Carl Jung, Integral Theory's other lines of development in an individual's life to societal domains, and ideological beliefs indoctrinated by culture and family structure, and information is distraction

@Rafael Thundercat

On 2023-12-25 at 1:02 PM, Rafael Thundercat said:

You defalt long list of developmental factors like Spiral Dynamics stages of development, cognitive and moral development, personality types/traits, 9 stages of ego development, Architypes by Carl Jung, Integral Theory's other lines of development in an individual's life to societal domains, and ideological beliefs indoctrinated by culture and family structure, and information is distraction

Also thanks for replying, even though OP and others ignore me.

Men and young men especially need to understand that not only is fulfillment not found on the internet, but also qualities they are looking to develop like resourcefulness, discipline, and social skills. If you are unhappy and want to change, you won't find that change on the Internet either.

I bought this extension untrap for desktop and iPhone, you can hide your YouTube recommendations on your phone which most extensions don't support, you have to use the browser version of YouTube, It's almost just as fast.  https://apps.apple.com/us/app/untrap-for-youtube/id1637438059

Edited by MarkKol

@MarkKol

On 2023-12-26 at 9:18 PM, MarkKol said:

Men and young men especially need to understand that not only is fulfillment not found on the internet, but also qualities they are looking to develop like resourcefulness, discipline, and social skills. If you are unhappy and want to change, you won't find that change on the Internet either.

I bought this extension untrap for desktop and iPhone, you can hide your YouTube recommendations on your phone which most extensions don't support, you have to use the browser version of YouTube, It's almost just as fast.  https://apps.apple.com/us/app/untrap-for-youtube/id1637438059

I definitely agree with this. If you or anyone is more interested why, check out the threads below:

On 2023-12-23 at 3:42 PM, Danioover9000 said:

@mmKay

I agree based on many developmental factors like Spiral Dynamics stages of development, cognitive and moral development, personality types/traits, 9 stages of ego development, Architypes by Carl Jung, Integral Theory's other lines of development in an individual's life to societal domains, and ideological beliefs indoctrinated by culture and family structure, and information ecology like social media, news, radio, video, TV programs and many more that are leveraged by big companies who are capitalist and neoliberal in ideology to manufacture consent in the population for conspicuous consumption. I definitely agree that technology as a developmental field is like a force multiplier for regressive and sometimes progressive trends in development. I made the following threads here about it:

Don't wait, find out now!

Posted (edited)

Thanks to @Soul_Guy for sharing how to disable YouTube shorts permanently from your YT smartphone app: press on the three dots on the corner of the recommended shorts in your feed and click " not interested ". Who would have ever thought it's that simple...

It most likely works for 30 days before you need to re-do the whole process 

Edited by mmKay