OBEler

Teslas optimus fraud or real?

5 posts in this topic

These tech videos are staged, mixed with cgi videos. No one knows if it's really that far advanced or not. 

If tesla really fulfill it's promise to build more humanoid robots than cars and that this thing will in the new future work in normal factorys and replace humans, should not be tesla then the most valuable company in the world? 

What do you think is this optimus robot real? 

What is it

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@OBEler

2 hours ago, OBEler said:

These tech videos are staged, mixed with cgi videos. No one knows if it's really that far advanced or not. 

If tesla really fulfill it's promise to build more humanoid robots than cars and that this thing will in the new future work in normal factorys and replace humans, should not be tesla then the most valuable company in the world? 

What do you think is this optimus robot real? 

Yes, beware of deep fakes if it's staged. Maybe it's a real demo, but who knows until it's verified.

Technically that'll make Tesla valuable, but it's tricky because based on many developmental factors, how systemic a problem is, and how nuanced it is we shouldn't expect one simple solution could solve an entire problem, it may only solve half or less. Let's say they did build humanoid robots than cars, and start increasing automation in factors, where will all the labors go? This is A.I disruption, and further increase unemployment as IQ in the average factory worker is only so much that they can't do knowledge based types of work and lack the expertise to do higher technical and more complicated work, so what will we do if Tesla contributes to increase in unemployment rates? And several other problems that could arise from simple oversight and simple implementation of solutions.

Basically if they aren't careful, we'd end up like this:

For god's sake, how are they not situationally aware a clunky robot behind them???

I think they are getting better and better and they've got quite sophisticated compared to 10 years ago. There have been break throughs in developement of humanoid hands and feet and that's a huge step ahead. However I agree that they still aren't as good as they pretend them to be.

To make a better assessment they should release date how often the egg move had to be repeated until the shot was fine and how often it could repeat the tasks without error. I also see high enery costs as problem.

Although they are still clumsy it is good progress and it's still great and in maybe 20 years they might actually work in production plants. However I think they won't look completely like humans like depicted in deus ex machina this century, so sry, no leo robot with ai philosophising for us. :(

Edited by Starlight321

If we have robots working on human labor, does that mean then that we could focus more on spiritual work? Or spending more time with our families, etc? I feel optimistic about the subject, I feel there will be still a need of a human hand for something, but the way how the world runs will need some MAJOR adjustments if that’s how it could run. 

Edited by Juan