Asia P

I am losing all my interests and passions and i am scared

69 posts in this topic

42 minutes ago, Asia P said:

From my heart thanks you 

This forum is meant for helping others guide the path that you already walked. That's why a Guru is so important in ones life.

Mahadev

Can I just say that "mastering your survival" sounds incredibly pretentious?

It's like you're this ethereal being floating on clouds made of 5MeO vapors too good for the grubby world of work and career.

But, it's just work and career/business.  Unless you're really old, you have to do something in life, otherwise you'll go insane no matter how much money or career accomplishments you've accumulated.

7 minutes ago, cetus said:

The Hippie days are gone dude. 

The days of Timothy 5LEOry are here...xD

Does prayer work only for people with hands?

Are relationships exclusive to binary roles?

Is the Earth truly the best planet in the universe?

Your mind may see things very narrowly, but I can assure you that you can open it more… like a door you can approach which doesn’t lead to an entrance or an exit.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

@SeaMonster  I was there in the 60's and 70's and I can say "Dropping Out" isn't what it's about.  I've seen good friends and a brother who dropped out and if they're not dead by now (like my brother) they're still living on the streets somewhere. What would happen is when they lived at home with their parents they would quit school to spend their time just "Hanging Out" with friends, getting high not working and "crashing" at other hippies places (Pads) because their parents would hassle them to "go to school or get a job or your out of here". Then when their friends would lose their pad they would try to get back into the parents' house as a last resort. But the parents didn't want them back because they considered them a "Loser". So most, but not all, ended up living on the streets working temporary grunt jobs just for a little cash to get by on.

I liken the notion of "spiritual bypass" (wanting to "skip ahead" regular life to focus on enlightenment) to be like wanting to fast forward a movie to find out what the ending is. You're missing the whole point.

Think of this kind of angst/dissatisfaction you're feeling to be like fertile soil to grow into the person you want to be. You have to be the author of your own life. If you're dissatisfied with your surroundings try to come up with something that would excite you. Use your youth to your advantage maybe go on like a long hiking trip and figure out more about yourself.

Don't try to hide from the world sitting in a monastery, plenty of time to do that later if that's what you really want out of life. You gotta have a stable foundation on which to live before you delve into the murky waters of infinity.

On 12/22/2023 at 1:16 PM, cetus said:

Than you would also disagree with what Leo said here:

"You must be careful not to turn spirituality into a bypass or form of escape from managing your survival and life.

If you struggle to get dressed, what good is your spirituality?

Spirituality is good, but at your age you need to put a lot of time and energy into just mastering survival. Build a decent life for yourself. Don't just sit around hoping that your life will get great all by itself. It won't. You have to put work into it.

Be careful about neglecting core areas of your life like family, relationships, career, building skills, sex, friendship, finances, diet, fitness, health, etc. You have to invest energy into all these in addition to whatever spiritual work you do.

It's very hard to be happy if you neglect all those areas and only do spirituality. You can get yourself trapped that way."

Edited yesterday at 06:38 AM by Leo Gura

Man , First of all Leo is not god everyone has different realisations . You meybe realised something or saw a pattern he did not etc. My tearms of spirituality is integrating shadow and beeing whole detatching your worth and needines for outside uncontrolable stuff . You heard about think and grow rich etc. life is a mirror . So thats what i said and its quite opposite the work i did was to do everything you are scared off and realise you are everything ... You just know those people that seem to whatever they do they are just succesful . Dont be ignorant . I can bet you on anything about this stuff because i spent my whole teenage years needing and desiring succes and could not get it no matter how hard i worked . Only when i detatched my self worth and realised it was all just for emotion not thing itself thats when i became like a magnet .

On 12/20/2023 at 3:44 PM, Asia P said:

Hi, I am 17, almost 18 years old, and i am slowly losing all my passions, hobbies, and interests since i had my first awakening. Now i am starting to be a little scared because i am becoming apathic also with friends, family, relationships and people in general. I'm also not much able to do everyday things, like studying, go to the supermarket, getting dressed. The only things that i think that i whould do with pleasure are meditation, sleeping, eating and cleaning myself. (Honestly, i am also intrested into experiencing for the first time psychedelics, but they are not so easy to get for me) I am also quite intollerant with other people, i prefere to be alone rather than with friends, family etc.

Is this phisiological/normal, during a spiritual path? Do someone of you have the same situation?

One way to know if Your really progressing well on the spiritual path is how intense Your Wellbeing is, if You are in mostly Good Moods, getting along with others (accepting, not judging all the time), being present with the Moment, not dwelling/obsessing over the past/future, on a general basis this will indicate that Your going forward in an Empowering way. If things like You said come up, you may have stuff to deal with in Your SubConscious or Unconscious Mind/Karma that come up when on the Spiritual Path. To be on this path means life is going on fast forward, we need to burn up our Karma if we want Liberation within this Lifetime, so first and foremost it is important to establish balance and equanimity within our interior system, being Happy no matter what the circumstances does this well, then when that is established You can progress on the Spiritual path without fear or regrets, and see it with Clarity:) I went thru this, and still at times have feelings of nihilism in fleeting moments, I am out in the public allot during the weekdays at work and see the decay/chaos of Society on a regular basis, so that has an affect, but for the most part I am fairly peaceful within myself and do not dwell on what is going on in the world so much that it will affect my interior experience... 

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru