StarStruck

48 laws of power was disappointing

5 posts in this topic

I thought it would be well integrated theory on power like David Hawkins book Power versus Force but it was just loosely defined so called laws which aren't even laws. Just something Robert pulled out of his ass from his personal experience. Something that might have worked for him might not work for him and what might not work for him might work for others.  Like his law of "never outshine the master", yea, in countries like US you should never do that but in certain countries that is not bad of a law to break. Most of these SD orange books are so boring and useless to read once you have reached SD yellow. It is truly a waste of time. There is still golden nuggets in those books. Don't get me wrong but there is so much better bang for your buck that read puffed up book with a lot of fluff.

4 hours ago, StarStruck said:

Just something Robert pulled out of his ass from his personal experience.

He learned from direct experience and then used historical examples to show the laws in action. This is more than "pulling out of his ass." This is the process of model making

Something that might have worked for him might not work for him and what might not work for him might work for others.  Like his law of "never outshine the master", yea, in countries like US you should never do that but in certain countries that is not bad of a law to break.

Which is why the last law is to "Assume Formlessness" and realize that the 48 Laws are a model and is not meant to be strictly followed like some sort of 10 commandments. He also offers reversals of the law to show that no law is set in stone

Most of these SD orange books are so boring and useless to read once you have reached SD yellow.

Lol

It's good but I have to say I expected much more

👁CONSCIOUSNESS👁

☀️INFINITY_GOD🌞

🌎LOVE❤️                         💎TRUTH⚔️

David Hawkins - I couldn't even start Power VS Force because of the whole truth finding method he uses ahahah

But, His book on surrender and acceptance was really good.

Robert Greenes books are really good. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

From my observation, 48 Laws is not the ultimate book for self-empowerment, spiritual development, or personal growth.

That's okay because it doesn't intend to be that type of book. I think it's a mistake to see this book as something that should help you grow and empower yourself as an individual.

This book describes universal things to be aware of if one wants to gain power in society, which can both overlap with and contradict self-empowerment, personal, and spiritual development.

While these laws can be applied as part of self-empowerment, acknowledging that some degree of power in society is beneficial, it's not the ultimate guide for self-empowerment.

Besides learning how to make money, holding a job/business, and attaining some status and power in society, to truly empower oneself, reflection in solitude, emotional and spiritual healing, self-care, acquiring skills, knowledge and education, gaining true life experience, and learning to foster good relationships with others are crucial.

There are many good books that offer guidance in these areas.

Let Love In