The Universe

Is Meditation The Only Way ??

23 posts in this topic

I know that to kill the ego you have the obligation to meditate but is there's not over things to respect in all day everyday life to release this chronic tension wich contain my story and if you know what everybody should implement tell them. ( Over than philosophys wich really put just more limitations and let you stay where you are ! )

Meditation is needed to grow your awareness to such an extent that you can self-inquire in a mature way, so that afterwards you can start eliminating the impurities that toxify your life and psyche, and learn to self accept and love yourself along the journey afterwards. 

Ego needs to be tamed, educated, not killed. Even the masters have certain egos that rarely yell, but their awareness is far greater than the weak chatter that is happening from time to time. 

Ain't it funny how men think?

They made the bomb, they are extinct.

2 hours ago, The Universe said:

Is Meditation The Only Way ?? / to kill the ego you have the obligation to meditate

There are other ways too. There are two types of religions in the world: prayer-oriented religions and meditation-oriented religions.

On the path of prayer, one has to give up the ego at the outset, at the initial stage. Ego is a state of no-prayer: egolessness is a state of prayer. Prayer arises out of helplessness. And that helplessness will help your ego to drop. Prayer is a cry, a deep cry, of helplessness. People who pray become silent. Just praying, a certain kind of attitude arises in them; they put aside their ego, they put aside everything else. They become pointedly concentrated on the idea of God.

If you really know what prayer is, prayer itself is its own reward. There is nobody else to reward you. The reward is not there in the future, not in the afterlife. But praying itself is such a beautiful phenomenon that who cares about the future and who bothers about the reward? That is greed, the idea of reward. Prayer in itself is such a celebration, it brings such great joy and ecstasy, that one prays for the prayer’s sake. One does not pray out of fear and one does not pray out of greed. One prays because one enjoys it. 

Prayer means surrender. Prayer means bowing down to existence. Prayer means gratitude. Prayer means thankfulness. Prayer means silence. Prayer means, “I am happy that I am.” Prayer simply means, “This tremendous gift of life is so much for such an unworthy man like me.” Seeing it, gratitude arises.

Once you have learned to pray, prayer itself is enough, more than enough.

1 hour ago, Stoica Doru said:

Meditation is needed to grow your awareness to such an extent that you can self-inquire in a mature way, so that afterwards you can start eliminating the impurities that toxify your life and psyche, and learn to self accept and love yourself along the journey afterwards. 

Ego needs to be tamed, educated, not killed. Even the masters have certain egos that rarely yell, but their awareness is far greater than the weak chatter that is happening from time to time. 

So the goal is to calm the ego by Amazing experiences and Self-awareness to come to enlightement. :) Ok...

Edited by The Universe

23 minutes ago, Prabhaker said:

There are other ways too. There are two types of religions in the world: prayer-oriented religions and meditation-oriented religions.

On the path of prayer, one has to give up the ego at the outset, at the initial stage. Ego is a state of no-prayer: egolessness is a state of prayer. Prayer arises out of helplessness. And that helplessness will help your ego to drop. Prayer is a cry, a deep cry, of helplessness. People who pray become silent. Just praying, a certain kind of attitude arises in them; they put aside their ego, they put aside everything else. They become pointedly concentrated on the idea of God.

If you really know what prayer is, prayer itself is its own reward. There is nobody else to reward you. The reward is not there in the future, not in the afterlife. But praying itself is such a beautiful phenomenon that who cares about the future and who bothers about the reward? That is greed, the idea of reward. Prayer in itself is such a celebration, it brings such great joy and ecstasy, that one prays for the prayer’s sake. One does not pray out of fear and one does not pray out of greed. One prays because one enjoys it. 

Prayer means surrender. Prayer means bowing down to existence. Prayer means gratitude. Prayer means thankfulness. Prayer means silence. Prayer means, “I am happy that I am.” Prayer simply means, “This tremendous gift of life is so much for such an unworthy man like me.” Seeing it, gratitude arises.

Once you have learned to pray, prayer itself is enough, more than enough.

What kind of prayer should i practise. Bhakti Yoga for example ?? :)

4 minutes ago, The Universe said:

Bhakti Yoga for example ??

Any path of devotion is Bhakti Yoga, Christianity, Islam follow the path of emotions, BHAKTI yoga. From the heart they enter. 

If you are a devotional man, then Bhakti will be easy for you. Bhakti is not a promise that you will attain everything without doing anything. Bhakti demands your totality. You have to surrender yourself totally. 

16 minutes ago, The Universe said:

What kind of prayer should i practise.

Anything you like. Prayer is a state of being, not something that you do. It has nothing to do with words. Prayer is not a complaint or demand. Prayer is a surrender.  Prayer is pure love - no desire attached to it, no conditions. It is sheer gratefulness. 

There is no higher spirituality than this -- to live in God in utter surrender. Prayer can only mean: "I am here, surrendered to you, do whatsoever you like.

8 minutes ago, Prabhaker said:

Any path of devotion is Bhakti Yoga, Christianity, Islam follow the path of emotions, BHAKTI yoga. From the heart they enter. 

If you are a devotional man, then Bhakti will be easy for you. Bhakti is not a promise that you will attain everything without doing anything. Bhakti demands your totality. You have to surrender yourself totally. 

Anything you like. Prayer is a state of being, not something that you do. It has nothing to do with words. Prayer is not a complaint or demand. Prayer is a surrender.  Prayer is pure love - no desire attached to it, no conditions. It is sheer gratefulness. 

There is no higher spirituality than this -- to live in God in utter surrender. Prayer can only mean: "I am here, surrendered to you, do whatsoever you like.

Ok, i'll try to attain the "ULTIMATE" Spirituality :D ( no jokes aside :P ). Thank you for those words. :)

5 hours ago, The Universe said:

i'll try to attain the "ULTIMATE" Spirituality

Seeking, attaining is of the ego, of the incomplete. You are complete every single second. Just be sincere and authentic and the Universe will show you all its Love soon enough. However, if you need information and guidance that come from a desire to be true and genuine, then that's something else.

Edited by Stoica Doru

Ain't it funny how men think?

They made the bomb, they are extinct.

3 hours ago, Stoica Doru said:

Seeking, attaining is of the ego, of the incomplete. You are complete every single second. Just be sincere and authentic and the Universe will show you all its Love soon enough. However, if you need information and guidance that come from a desire to be true and genuine, then that's something else.

Actually today by doing the Enlightement mecanism that Leo described in his video on his first enlightement experience ( the natural one ) i came to a Awakening ( mainly because i couldn't really come into Omnipresence at it's full stage ) but that was...i felt like all my life was a hoax and my ego was a belief and my mind was just coming from nowhere and has no meaning, no purpose no consistence and was not a part of who i really was and then...then happiness, peacefulness, silence all that good shit kicked in :).

If you have all the elements that Leo described in his video to "try" to get straight to his enlightement experience then you should try it ! :)

Thank you for your kindness :). I love to love too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOsUx9a3UoU&t=2198s

Fasting blows meditation out of the water IMO, when you fast for 7-14 or more days straight it feels like you are in meditation 24/7 as the body is pure of anything and only consciousness left is body. When do you meditate while in the fasted-state you enter deep stages easily and much quicker.

Another way is finding your flow-state, doing what brings you love and joy, what allows you to reside in the present moment away from thoughts and the goal is to not kill the ego but discipline it and make agreement with it to take turns and come forth only when its needed.

B R E A T H E

if static meditation is too hard you can practice mild thought filter. 

Point your attention towards certain mental patterns or thoughts that you feel are not of much use to you 
It can be thoughts like ''I won't make it, I don't matter, this thing is going to be hard, I need the approval of this person''<

I don't know what your most destructive thoughts are, well pick one destructive thought pattern and try to block it from now on.
Everytime it comes up try to put a stop it, not even let it come up or finish.  <

If that's too hard everytime it comes up just point at it mentally, devalue it, you can counter it with a mantra : ''that's not true,I don't believe this thought'' or ''over time I will stop having thoughts like these'' , ''this thought is not me''. 

it makes you mindful of your thoughts, as you're actually paying active attention to what's going on up there. 
you unidentify with your thoughts. 

Just by picking one destructive thought pattern and trying to block it, to pay attention to it. 
As you get better you can start blocking two patterns, three,four...

what's good is you don't need to sit still or take time for it, as you're constantly doing the exercise

Edited by Arkandeus

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

Meditation is probably the most powerful tool, it is in my experience.  But, but, but, but... I've had powerful and profound results from prayer as well.  So, I know there are probably many paths, many tools.  See what works for you.  Use your intuition.  

When we realize that what we call "Ego" or "separate self" is just happening, like everything else, it starts to dissolve...

@pluto how to practices fasting-blow meditation, never heard about it... :). I'll try that, thanks :)

5 hours ago, Arkandeus said:

Point your attention towards certain mental patterns or thoughts that you feel are not of much use to you 
It can be thoughts like ''I won't make it, I don't matter, this thing is going to be hard, I need the approval of this person''<

I don't know what your most destructive thoughts are, well pick one destructive thought pattern and try to block it from now on.
Everytime it comes up try to put a stop it, not even let it come up or finish.  <

If that's too hard everytime it comes up just point at it mentally, devalue it, you can counter it with a mantra : ''that's not true,I don't believe this thought'' or ''over time I will stop having thoughts like these'' , ''this thought is not me''. 

it makes you mindful of your thoughts, as you're actually paying active attention to what's going on up there. 

Just by picking one destructive thought pattern and trying to block it, to pay attention to it. 

what's good is you don't need to sit still or take time for it, as you're constantly doing the exercise

5 hours ago, Arkandeus said:

@Arkandeus i'll try this exercices :). From my experience the mind IS what construct the belief of a identity with exterior elements that generates thought, beliefs of yourself and si on...So you exercice got to be so useful ! ;)

Sitted meditation is maintenance, the real core of the work is to meditate every second possible you can.

That's the "secret", always be in the present, as much as you can, everything you do, everytime you wait.

Don't blame yourself because you fell inconscious, and don't be angry at your thoughts, and don't be angry at the fact that you're angry (Yeah I know, that's fucked up :P ).

At some point, you will see what you need to see

There is no turning back after this

The story ends

And you wake up

1ms6iq.jpg

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

On 4/5/2017 at 8:50 AM, The Universe said:

I know that to kill the ego you have the obligation to meditate but is there's not over things to respect in all day everyday life to release this chronic tension wich contain my story and if you know what everybody should implement tell them. ( Over than philosophys wich really put just more limitations and let you stay where you are ! )

No you dont. Meditation is a good tool, but nothing more.

Sleep yoga is also a good tool. 

22 minutes ago, The Universe said:

fasting meditation, never heard about it

Many methods have to be used to remain alert, because whenever you are fasting you cannot fall asleep easily. The body energy is completely free -- there is no need to digest anything. The free energy moves all over the body. It is no longer concentrated in the stomach. In fact it is available, so your mind goes on functioning: you remain alert. Sleep is difficult. Fasting is a way to create awareness. If you fast for a long time, you will attain to a certain awareness which is difficult to attain while you go on eating. It can be attained, but it will take a longer time. Fasting is a shortcut to achieve it.

Many people who fast have completely forgotten the goal. The goal was awareness. Now they keeps on doing the means, using the means, not knowing the goal. They simply suffer. So the fasting is no longer a fasting; it is just a starvation.

To fast is to try to discover in hunger the other dimension. Fasting means an effort to move into the desire of hunger and to come to know that; the divine. That's why fasting became so important in so many religions. It can give you a glimpse.

6 hours ago, pluto said:

when you fast for 7-14 or more days straight it feels like you are in meditation 24/7 as the body is pure of anything and only consciousness left is body.

Fasting also creates chemical changes. After the seventh or eighth day of fasting, one feels tremendously jubilant, weightless, very glad for no reason, delighted - as if all burden has disappeared. Your body is creating a certain chemical change.

6 hours ago, Pierre said:

When we realize that what we call "Ego" or "separate self" is just happening, like everything else, it starts to dissolve...

Loved it ;). Thank you for sharing. :)

1 hour ago, Shin said:

Sitted meditation is maintenance, the real core of the work is to meditate every second possible you can.

That's the "secret", always be in the present, as much as you can, everything you do, everytime you wait.

Don't blame yourself because you fell inconscious, and don't be angry at your thoughts, and don't be angry at the fact that you're angry (Yeah I know, that's fucked up :P ).

At some point, you will see what you need to see

There is no turning back after this

The story ends

And you wake up

1ms6iq.jpg

So True !