Husseinisdoingfine

How to decide which country to live in?

9 posts in this topic

I'm going through a dilemma, both about my future as well as a small identity crisis. I'm wondering which country I should live in and I'm split between my two options, how do I go about deciding such things? I'm considering both which culture I like, as well as development of the country, job prospects, etc...

I'm also split between where do I fit into the two options (countries) I've selected for myself. Which country am I ‘more of '. Where do I belong? Who and what am I? How do I decide such things?

Edited by Husseinisdoingfine

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

Chatgpt could help you and then you can see and do the contemplations yourself. 

Ask prompts like... "What are the factors I should consider when choosing a place to life" and keep refining it to suit you and your contemplations. 

Your going to be considering things like job opportunities, cost of living, culture, family, environment, safety, etc.

Eventually, your going to have to decide and you wont have all the information. But, you'll learn from deciding.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Chat GPT gives good advice, but preferably I want to hear from real humans who went through what I'm going through. Even if you didn't leave your country but had to make a difficult choice between two cities, your advice is welcome.

@Husseinisdoingfine Make sure you can find work in that country. What is your profession?

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

Culture, visit the country and see which culture you want to be a part of, how much money you make or whatever like that is little in comparison to that, unless you don't like either's culture then go for the money.

Edited by Devin

I would choose the country in which you have better bureaucracy and clear status of living, citizenship.

So far I am a little experieced with different cities. Also I might have kind of similar situation abour country so I think about that as well.. 

For my experience about changing city, I can say there is no perfect fit. For any option there would be positive and negative sides regarding your uniqe needs, wants, expections etc. İt better to first decide on that. What is most important right now, in that period of your life for you? What are your priorities?  Safety, job opportunities, night life, active social life, health care, education, solitude, etc.  think on these kind of thing. What do you want to have in your life and which option is better for fullfilling that. 

İf possible try both, I mean choose one of them and see how it is going and if you don't like change again. 

As I said first, there is no perfect choice there is the best possible  decision that you can make with what information you have in hand. After that it is mostly about loving wehere you have chosen and growing from there.. 

Good Luck 

On 12/11/2023 at 2:12 PM, Girzo said:

I would choose the country in which you have better bureaucracy and clear status of living, citizenship.

I'm already a citizen of both Russia and the USA.