coburn

Tools for Decision making

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys

What are you favorite tools, tipps or tricks for decision making? Exercises on paper, meditations, important questions whatever...

In the coming year i have to move and find a new place (and probably city) to live. Since i have no idea what i really want atm, im looking for help in this process, where i wanna go and why.

I remember Leos Video about this topic and will definitely watch it again but im also looking for your personal experiences.

it's not what you do or where you do it but how you do and with whom you do it

the answers to which are love and spirit

i say to god if you have something for me make it seen and no matter what i will act as though every spin of the dice is stacked my way

i always bring good and i always get good

If you have deep connection to your intuition your choices will not hurt you (unless you need it for some reason). If you don't have that connection it's even more fun. Just choose and experience consequences. Fear of making decision is the main reason we waste our time. Do not take yourself too seriously and dive into unknown. If something doesn't go right, survive and work on a change. Later you will consider that experience as one of the most valuable anyway.

16 hours ago, Tomek6 said:

If you have deep connection to your intuition your choices will not hurt you (unless you need it for some reason). If you don't have that connection it's even more fun. Just choose and experience consequences. Fear of making decision is the main reason we waste our time. Do not take yourself too seriously and dive into unknown. If something doesn't go right, survive and work on a change. Later you will consider that experience as one of the most valuable anyway.

This! 

İn decision making you can think yourself as learning a new skill. So it will take time to learn and best way to get better is to practice a lot. Decide, decide, decide. .. 

The Great Mental Models (3 Books) + Clear Thinking - all written by Shane Parrish.

On 12/7/2023 at 2:14 AM, Tomek6 said:

Thanks, that resonates with me. Im currently still a bit in the fear "mode" depending on my mental state but im also exited and happy to find out where my decisions will bring me! :-)

On 12/8/2023 at 5:56 PM, CARDOZZO said:

The Great Mental Models (3 Books) + Clear Thinking - all written by Shane Parrish.

Thanks, i will check that out!

Observing your mind is huge. Learning to notice when you’re doubting yourself is huge. Not by telling yourself it’s wrong or bad to have doubts, but to simply be aware of what is fueling that doubt.

If you’re doubting why you’re doubting, I doubt you figured it out!

Edited by Yimpa

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI