Guest username

Do You Try To Love Your Enemies?

Do You Try to Love Your Enemies?   18 members have voted

1. 1. Do you try to love your enemies?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

24 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, John Flores said:

Enki is the ultimate zen devil - literally.

If God himself creates the Devil, then he is responsible. And if the Devil is something independent, not related to God, then he himself becomes a God, a supreme power. And that other force must be stronger than God. The Devil can provoke and seduce and God cannot protect. The Devil seems to be a stronger God. 

4 hours ago, jse said:

@usernameAnd for an example, offering your unlimited love to a psychopath will have the opposite effect to the good intention.

Yes, you are probably right, I have had a psychopath (stalker) around me and I don't want to spend my time with this person nor talk to her or what so ever.

I just ignore her. Still my heart is full of good feelings when I think about her and I truly hope she is fine. She definitely needs help, but it is not going to come from me as it could have the opposite effect and as you mentioned, my time is limited. 

But to love someone doesn't mean for me that you have to spend time, take care or sleep with them. It means that you are aware of what you feel inside and what you want to project onto others and the world around you. 

I use to hate 99,999% of politicians, was considering them as my enemies... it lead me simply to depression 10 years ago and to spread fear, righteousness and hatred around me. Now I just let them be and I don't mind them at all and I wish them well. Politicians still do the same shit as before though. Destruction, death and chaos is a part of the universe.

So I don't love politicians but I let them be without applying dogmatic judgments on and about them. This leaves space for love to grow for every being, object I encounter or situation I find my self into.  I found out that love is my natural state of being but my mind wants to talk me out of it... for very good reasons hehe... funny joker... you can't negotiate with your mind, this is the game of all games that only one can lose if he plays it.  

In that way, 50 % if not more of life altogether could be considered as your enemy, your ego, your neighbor, your working colleagues, your boss, your spouse, traffic, pollution, politicians, conspiracy, TV, money, foreigners, part of the human nature, death, sickness, negative emotions, unfairness , if you live in the middle of the jungle, then it's nature altogether and so on.

I changed my perspective, I chose to embrace it all once and for all because my mind drove me crazy to the point I got depressed. I even came to love and be thankful for my depression as it gave me the opportunity to discover a lot about my self, self help, meditation, enlightenment and so on...

And made me to the happy bunny that I Am today! :)

Edited by Nic

Who Am I to judge? When I think I know, I don't know that I don't know.

"Things don't change when they are understood. Understanding reinforces the intellect (the ego). The seeker has to make room to the meditative state."

I WONT REPLY YES OR NO

and that is because I dont like the question. You either try or do.

Its not about trying. Its about doing it.

You can love your enemies you can do anything of course. But love is a deep appreciation for one person to another so I dont think that I truly appreciate my enemies Ive just FORGAVE them and myself for my OWN GOOD of course because that what forgiveness is all about. So you do it when you decide it and when its a right time for you to LET GO.

And by trying it means its not natural to you,so its forced it doesnt feel so good...but in the end...YOU CAN DO ANYTHING.