k-ahmadzadeh

What is 'the healthy response' to unsolvable personal problems?

26 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, k-ahmadzadeh said:

I would challenge this position with the question of "How can an ugly person love himself or herself?" (I don't consider myself ugly, but this is a radical way of challenging the validity/utility of the concept of self-love)

Sometimes I give members of this forum too much credit.

The question you are asking is like asking how can an ugly person be affected by gravity?

Embrace the Truth.

❤️

@universe what do you mean by too much credit?

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Unsolvable hm.

I think acceptance is part of that equation. I know with struggle it can be common to resist unsolvable issues, which can cause a lot of mental turmoil. When you accept it, you come to peace with it.

This doesn't mean you are enabling/condoning/neglecting etc. But you are coming to peace with the suffering with an issue 

Practically speaking there's a few ways I know how to actualize that. Mindfulness meditation, sedona method.

Lots of evidence based therapy modalities as well 

Edited by Jacob Morres

God loves you do whatever you want. Throw your goals away love everything or love nothing which is just God hiding. Your family dies they are with God so its good. They still exist with God and you can see them when you die. Goals are for people who beleive in the future. The future does not exist if you want something done do it don't plan on doing it.

Edited by Hojo

Read: 

Adversity Quotient 

Mans Search for Meaning

Learned Optimism 

The Eye of The Hurricane 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

17 hours ago, k-ahmadzadeh said:

But admiration doesn't arise from nothing; it comes from the recognition that one has a lot of good qualities. I would challenge this position with the question of "How can an ugly person love himself or herself?" (I don't consider myself ugly, but this is a radical way of challenging the validity/utility of the concept of self-love)

Self love needn't arise from nothing, there are many things to help you induce self love. For example, an ugly person can be compassionate with himself by realizing that he or she is not responsible even a bit for the outer appearance of ugliness. You can be compassionate with others calling you ugly for having their biases on what is beautiful and ugly, which is entirely based on genetics and psychological factors. You can be compassionate towards god for making you look ugly by realizing that you are the one who wished for it, and god made sure that nothing remains permanent. Compassion removes hatred, and removal of hatred against those who hate you removes self hatred as well. Removal of self hatred increases self love.