Echoes

Isn't Solipsism Absolut Truth?

8 posts in this topic

Hey,

So in the last weeks I'm really trying to grasp what beyond "my" experience lies. The thing is, every concept is only relative truth; it is a assumption about reality. The only thing I can be sure of is that awareness exists. The only real thing is HERE and NOW. Every other thing is an assumption.

But it almost seems to me that people in this spirituality/non-duality area are like "Whoa dude, yea we are talking about absolute truth, but not THAT absolute. Here, take some concepts about other minds and experiences, are you crazy bro?!" 

So of course there is no ME as some solipsistic people assume. But there is HERE and NOW, and it's the ONLY thing I can be sure of. Doesn't that mean that Solipsism is absolut truth?

"You" are just as real, or "unreal" as the "here and now". Both of which are co-dependent, and relativistic. The absolute is the infinite, boundless reality beyond relativity.

Edited by Russell Parr

the spiritual atheist

@Echoes What you're missing is discrimination of awareness from experience. What you're calling "here and now" is an experience and NOT absolute. The Absolute we're talking about it WAY more Absolute than you're presently understanding. It's so Absolute it has no form and is therefore not an experience at all.

You say you're awareness, but WHAT is awareness? You don't actually know. This still just an idea for you. You're not actually discriminating awareness from the contents of awareness. This discrimination is critical.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I have trouble myself reconciling the non existence of matter which is pretty obvious to me at this point, but the existence of other minds. How could I ever verify in my direct experience they exist?

@Joel3102 Even if you could verify other minds, it would be pointless. It would just be more experience. But all experience is unreal. Mind = experience. Other minds are as unreal as your mind. When you discover the one real thing: the Absolute, that will lay the issue to rest. It's not your job to jump from one private illusion (your mind) into another. It's your job to escape the whole game entirely!

The problem is that you're so attached to experience that you're trying to access more of it, when you should be trying to discriminate experience from awareness.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

i remember in @Leo Gura's most recent vid he said something along the lines of skepticism (whilst being against absolute Truth) is the perfect vehicle to reach the absolute Truth. 

i have wondered the same about solipsism for a while. is it a good vehicle? i've even tested it a little and it does create a shift in perspective and consciousness. 

On 4/4/2017 at 4:40 AM, Leo Gura said:

The Absolute we're talking about it WAY more Absolute than you're presently understanding. It's so Absolute it has no form and is therefore not an experience at all.

How would you differentiate that from unconsciousness or death? How can it not be an experience, but still affect you in a way that you can talk about it and derive wisdom from it? Surely you have memories of having that... uh, not sure what word to use here, notexperience?

Edited by Razorback

And how can you prove your experience here and now is real? What if you're a brain in a vat somewhere like the matrix?

And if you're a brain in a vat, how can you prove that brain in a vat isn't actually being mirage generated by aliens?

Also, how can you prove that experience outside the here and now isn't real?

And what's your proof of that proof?