mp22

Not Sure If It Was It?

10 posts in this topic

Today, while I was doing my daily 20 minutes I had a strange moment where I felt "uncontained".  It was during one of my better sessions and had very few clinging thoughts. At one point, I felt a strange form of panic/fear or rather unease as all of sudden there was nothing for "me" to hold onto. Not sure if the current account is me smuggling in stuff from Leo's videos but I definitely felt an unease at the emptyness/lack of thoughts.  What do you guys think? Thanks MP

''I am surrounded by priests who repeat incessantly that their kingdom is not of this world, and yet they lay their hands on everything they can get'' (NapoleonBonaparte).

"We control matter because we control the mind. Reality is inside the skull. You will learn by degrees, Winston. There is nothing that we could not do. Invisibility, levitation—anything. I could float off this floor like a soap bubble if I wish to. I do not wish to, because the Party does not wish it. You must get rid of those nineteenth-century ideas about the laws of Nature. We make the laws of Nature." (1984)

Seems like your ego is starting to panic. The ego will often fight back during this work and can even get deceitful and trick you into thinking it's gone when it's really just changed forms.

Anyway, just be mindful of this, continue to meditate, and observe the unease without reacting to it or getting lost in it. Allow it to be there and simply watch.

Awareness is your best tool in this work.

On 03/04/2017 at 1:55 PM, cetus56 said:

@mp22 What do you mean by "it"?

A  sense of not being there as me. Not sure how to describe it.

''I am surrounded by priests who repeat incessantly that their kingdom is not of this world, and yet they lay their hands on everything they can get'' (NapoleonBonaparte).

"We control matter because we control the mind. Reality is inside the skull. You will learn by degrees, Winston. There is nothing that we could not do. Invisibility, levitation—anything. I could float off this floor like a soap bubble if I wish to. I do not wish to, because the Party does not wish it. You must get rid of those nineteenth-century ideas about the laws of Nature. We make the laws of Nature." (1984)

1 minute ago, mp22 said:

A  sense of not being there as me. Not sure how to describe it.

@mp22 That sounds like a good meditation to me. You where observing an empty mind. All that remained was consciousness in it's purest form. Beyond thought/identification. Sweet!

What if you have a feeling of anxiety or that feeling of fear in your gut as mp22 said?  If you are meditating with no mostly no thought but you notice that sensation, is that the ego sneaking in?  

Sometimes I too have a good meditation going then I feel anxiety and have to notice the feeling in my gut and concentrate on it until it goes away. Usually that means taking a deep breath and then it will go away.  I was wondering what that might mean...

Examine what you believe to be impossible, and then change your beliefs.

5 minutes ago, LRyan said:

What if you have a feeling of anxiety or that feeling of fear in your gut as mp22 said?  If you are meditating with no mostly no thought but you notice that sensation, is that the ego sneaking in?  

Sometimes I too have a good meditation going then I feel anxiety and have to notice the feeling in my gut and concentrate on it until it goes away. Usually that means taking a deep breath and then it will go away.  I was wondering what that might mean...

Great way of self healing, to become conscious of the inner sensations. It's like you are the owner, but you were out and all those bad guys went into your house. Now you return home and you beat the crap out of them by being aware of them :D 

Absolute Law of Love reveals Infinite Source that Welcomes Every Life as Light

@Dodoster LOL!!! I like it!

53 minutes ago, LRyan said:

.@LRyan Yes that is ego sneaking in. It will play all kinds of games. Just return to the breath and go on. There is nothing here that can hurt you. And fear only has the power that you lend to it. In a way it's good that this happens because it's exposing the ego for what it is. So next time if that happens just acknowledge it for what it is and let it go. This too is part of the practice. Every time you hit that wall of fear, break through it. Only by doing so will you prove to yourself that ego/fear is just a paper tiger with no teeth.

@cetus56 Thanks!  I will try that...