Cireeric

John Mearsheimer on Lex Friedman

18 posts in this topic

Excited to see this, after Leo recently mentioning him a few times: 

Lex is often on the edge with his guests.

@Cireeric

On 17/11/2023 at 5:17 PM, Cireeric said:

It's a good watch, but of all podcasts why choose Lex Fridman? That guy's cringe.

@Nabd

1 hour ago, Nabd said:

Why do you hate Lex so much? :D

I think he does a good job.

The reason why I hate Lex Fridman is because he's inconsistent and bends the truth. Yes, he's a good listener and podcaster, however he gives blind cover to Joe Rogan and Elon Musk, and due to his biases and preferences it makes him blind to their evils they do. He claims he's for love, for truth, for objectivity, yet bends and manipulates the truth to suit his hidden agendas. I don't like that at all.

Why do you think he does a good job? A good job sounding boring, like a robot, hyper logical, always appealing to pathos and ethos and logos? If you think it's a good job boring the audience like that, and falsely worshipping the technocrats, then that's a good job I guess. 

19 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

The reason why I hate Lex Fridman is because he's inconsistent and bends the truth. Yes, he's a good listener and podcaster, however he gives blind cover to Joe Rogan and Elon Musk, and due to his biases and preferences it makes him blind to their evils they do. He claims he's for love, for truth, for objectivity, yet bends and manipulates the truth to suit his hidden agendas. I don't like that at all.

I can understand this critique. Yes I also think he is biased in this Naive Techno Optimist direction mainly because he comes from this scene and has these tech giants like Elon as friends. I also think he has a mind that is just deeply fascinated by tech-development, robotics, ai...

Still I think he has a good heart and generally influences people in the right direction.

@Nabd

2 hours ago, Nabd said:

He does give blind cover for Musk and Roegan and I never liked that.

His love for truth and objectivity seems fishy and cringy because its not objectivity that he is doing but I also can't help but feel he is trying his best and when it comes to podcasting and he is a nice guy with good intentions. He talk to interesting people and he sometimes ask stupid questions, sometimes good questions but he also allow them to talk at length.

I agree, sometimes those 'stupid' questions are just PR and to make the interviewee look good, like with Netanyahu, just soft ball questions. I'll even go sk far as to say he misrepresented Kanye west's view.

@Cireeric

49 minutes ago, Cireeric said:

I can understand this critique. Yes I also think he is biased in this Naive Techno Optimist direction mainly because he comes from this scene and has these tech giants like Elon as friends. I also think he has a mind that is just deeply fascinated by tech-development, robotics, ai...

Still I think he has a good heart and generally influences people in the right direction.

Yeah, that ego mind of techno optimism and technocrat needs to die.

A good heart? Maybe, but a sincere question to you, based on his body language and tonality, don't you feel bored or feel something is wrong with him? It's not normal to sound monotone and have such a dead race, like he got strike in the past or something. I just feel like his good heart is in a deep sea if lies and deceit if this techno dream.

I also made a diss track about him, that's how much I don't like him.

2 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

You watch too much social media.

Oh so you didn’t said I was wrong! Interesting, so I am right then. Nice try deflecting. 

@Juan

15 minutes ago, Juan said:

Oh so you didn’t said I was wrong! Interesting, so I am right then. Nice try deflecting. 

I don't like Lex Fridman, as you can tell so far of what I said in this thread. The fact I have to explain such a simple thing to some social media addict delinquent is beneath me. First get yourself off of a Tik Tok mind slavery before criticising and attacking me.

2 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

I don't like Lex Fridman, as you can tell so far of what I said in this thread. The fact I have to explain such a simple thing to some social media addict delinquent is beneath me. First get yourself off of a Tik Tok mind slavery before criticising and attacking me.

Your feelings towards Lex Friedman are way too intense. There is definitely some contraction there that you need to check :D 

@Cireeric

16 hours ago, Cireeric said:

Your feelings towards Lex Friedman are way too intense. There is definitely some contraction there that you need to check :D 

Contraction? You mean attraction? Ir it's attraction, it's after I'm👻.

@Raze

29 minutes ago, Raze said:

He has a very balanced perspective 

Of course John Mearsheimer has a balanced perspective, as he's a realist who objectively studies foreign relations and political powers of countries. Can't believe canary Destiny the blue peacock  misrepresented him and straw manned the hell outa Mearsheimer's take:

On 20/11/2023 at 1:08 PM, Danioover9000 said:

@Nabd

Why do you think he does a good job? A good job sounding boring, like a robot, hyper logical, always appealing to pathos and ethos and logos? If you think it's a good job boring the audience like that, and falsely worshipping the technocrats, then that's a good job I guess. 

but people aren't good or bad...loooool. 

On 17/11/2023 at 5:17 PM, Cireeric said:

He had some good geo-political takes, and his views on WW2 were accurate. I don't agree with him on Ukraine. Russia's entire rationale for this is baseless. 

@bebotalk

9 hours ago, bebotalk said:

but people aren't good or bad...loooool. 

Just because people are not good or bad, that doesn't mean they should communicate in a boring way. Lex Fridman's tonality, and body language, and presentation and word choices is monotone, my best guess is he had a stroke and survived, or he's born with a hyper active left brain hemisphere. Very few people are like Lex Fridman. Also his integrity is questionable as he supports Elon Musk and Joe Rogan and even Donald Trump, and has a technocrat bias. He's not trustworthy for communicating love and truth and consciousness because the devils will misinterpret those truths through him.

How can integrity exist then? Why is sociopathy bad if there are no bad people? why even label them as such? I'm merely making observations. 

Edited by bebotalk