StarStruck

How do deal with jealousy ?

10 posts in this topic

Lately I’m facing a lot of jealousy from men mostly. They are from different parts of my environment so they don’t know each other. Their jealousy is clearly felt by me and one is even hostile while the others are covert about it. Such strong emotions can’t be hidden. I don’t know how to deal with it. It is almost like they want me to fail in my business and other successes I’m having. I guess it is part of being a top dog. I do have empathy for them but I feel like it is making me weak. I think I should show my teeth more. 

20 minutes ago, something_else said:

What is the context in which you know these men?

One is a family member, and the others: work and socially related 

Small people resent vital and skilful individuals. Your success makes them feel comparatively inferior and at a loss.

Others may get jealous or compete when you're bigger than them but you don't have to evoke either. What others do is their own problem and something out of your control.

Edited by UnbornTao

@UnbornTao I know what you mean. They are in competitive mode instead of collaborative mode. I guess their energy is annoying me. I need to find a way so that I doesn’t rub off of me. 

On 16/11/2023 at 3:50 PM, StarStruck said:

@UnbornTao I know what you mean. They are in competitive mode instead of collaborative mode. I guess their energy is annoying me. I need to find a way so that I doesn’t rub off of me. 

Sounds like you might be afraid of something. You could look in that direction.

If they are friends or distant relatives you can stop seeing them. Why having friends that don't want the best for us?.

If they are coworkers which you can't avoid it's complicated. I was in this situation last year and tried to be nice to my team mate who was struggling, in return he treated me poorly so whenever I felt like his attitude was getting in the way of my work I would let him know politely, ultimately the conversations escalated and I took it with the bosses. They supported me and the guy ended up leaving the company :D

when you are doing good it's inevitable to make some people envy you. it's sign you are living life as it should be lived so congratulations!

Also if you feel bad for them I think it's nice to offer help, specially if you work with them. I would say show the other chick but slap when you have to.

I have some experience with people hating my success and I have dealt with a lot of feelings of jelousy towards somebody more successful than me all the time. Sometimes it's very brutal and you just have to sit with it and reason with it or just stop exposing yourself to that media as much as you can.

I think it's just two sides of the same coin. The aim is to sit with yourself and find your muse and keep going with that.

It's far better than feel some chronic irritation than to play somebody's game. But sometimes you have to strike, make it as surgical as possible so that the person gets the point or ignore so that they get so irritated by themselves in their self-hatred so that they are forced to think about other options and possibly leave you alone. Bonus points if they understand what they did. A good indicator is that you are feeling less and less serious even when exposed to this person hurting you. If it's you being envious, focus on envisioning what you would like to do instead.