jdc7733

How can you criticise someone and call it justifiable?

10 posts in this topic

You can criticise people for criticising people and still call other people hypocrites. The ways in which that is not acceptable are ridiculous. This is a criticism. I am hypocritical and that is a criticism

7 hours ago, jdc7733 said:

You can criticise people for criticising people and still call other people hypocrites. The ways in which that is not acceptable are ridiculous. This is a criticism. I am hypocritical and that is a criticism

There's a subtle difference between a criticism and an observation. The former is finding fault, the latter is pointing something out. 

Edited by Princess Arabia

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

@Princess Arabia when has has anyone ever just observed something without at least some sort of perception that wasn’t perceived good or bad?

2 hours ago, jdc7733 said:

@Princess Arabia when has has anyone ever just observed something without at least some sort of perception that wasn’t perceived good or bad?

The highest form of intelligence is to observe without judgement. Asking me about unawakened people's actions is not proving a point as to whether observation is the same as criticism. If your argument is to come back at me with what unawakened people are doing in life and how they perceive things as good or bad then your point has no merit. 

If I'm driving by a car accident and I am looking out my window at a stop light and just observing that accident without saying a word, is that criticism. If I said those people don't know how to drive and it's people like that you have to be careful of on the road because they drive like idiots, that's criticism. I have done the former and I've also done the latter. They are two separate things. I'm not speaking about what people do, I'm merely showing the distinction between the two, they are not the same. 

Observing and criticizing are two separate things. It's that simple. You have had to observe or noticed something before criticizing it, yes, but you don't have to criticize something you've observed.

Edited by Princess Arabia

For example, I had observed that a man who talks ill of someone in the absence of that person may not be so trustfull because, well, he is just pointing his side of story and the other is not there to defend himself. But then I tell another friend that I dont trust that man because he tall ill in absence of others but by doing this I am also doing the very same thing that I am pointing to. So in some circustances is impossible to make observations without entering in paradox. The only option would to be reamaing silent about everything but that would be omissive and sometimes we can just sit quietly observing shit hitting the fan and do nothing or saying nothing. If you chosse to not make a choice it is ready a choice.

5 hours ago, Rafael Thundercat said:

5 hours ago, Rafael Thundercat said:

For example, I had observed that a man who talks ill of someone in the absence of that person may not be so trustfull because, well, he is just pointing his side of story and the other is not there to defend himself. But then I tell another friend that I dont trust that man because he tall ill in absence of others but by doing this I am also doing the very same thing that I am pointing to. So in some circustances is impossible to make observations without entering in paradox. The only option would to be reamaing silent about everything but that would be omissive and sometimes we can just sit quietly observing shit hitting the fan and do nothing or saying nothing. If you chosse to not make a choice it is ready a choice.

If you say "that man speaks ill of others behind their backs" and leave it at that, that's an observation. If you say, "I DON'T TRUST that man because he speaks ill of others behind their backs", that becomes a judgement. Subtle difference.

On 11/16/2023 at 6:18 PM, Princess Arabia said:

If you say "that man speaks ill of others behind their backs" and leave it at that, that's an observation. If you say, "I DON'T TRUST that man because he speaks ill of others behind their backs", that becomes a judgement. Subtle difference.

i feel it's not the words persay, but just whether the judgement is there. but yeah great points tho 

it's a part of contemplation from leos videos. letting the insight about something arise from observation  rather than ego 

Edited by Jacob Morres

On 11/11/2023 at 5:11 AM, jdc7733 said:

You can criticise people for criticising people

I notice suffering and encourage being. truth is not some idea it is existence

22 hours ago, Twentyfirst said:

Shame

true

On 11/11/2023 at 0:20 PM, Princess Arabia said:

difference between a criticism and an observation

nah not so. either way you have the same effect. if the outcome is the same what does it matter the path? the wise guru says nothing because there is nothing to be said. the disciple gets angry because they need need need. anyway, observation is not being. criticism and observation function the same way.....

I will criticise as much as I want. I like indulging.