Husseinisdoingfine

What do you think of this documentary?

8 posts in this topic

I think this documentary is a really great complementary piece to Leo’s recent blog post on the Hasidic Jews of New York, and how culture and religion become a reality of its own.

It’s super fascinating, the content is different. Instead of Hasidic Judaism, it’s veneration of the Great Patriotic War, and nationalism. Ever since the beginning of the Special Military Operation, Russian culture has been becoming increasingly more Fascistic and militaristic. You can go to any Russian city and see Z posters and art on streets and buses. It’s really scary thinking about how far Russia devolved.

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

Yes, really good. I will be posting it on my blog soon.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes, really good. I will be posting it on my blog soon.

If that’s the case, then these two videos are also really complementary:

Growing up in Russian culture to a Russian family, I received my fair share of brainwashing regarding the Great Patriotic War. I watched the parades every year as a young child, listened to stories from veterans, etc…

One of the strangest sights I’ve ever witnessed in my life was witnessing a middle aged woman teacher of this Russian language tutoring school begin to cry, because this one toddler she was teaching thought the Germans won the war. I was confused as to why she was so upset, as it was just a toddler.

But Don Beck made a good point about how there is nothing Green about 20th century Communism. Ken Wilber as well made the great point that it didn’t matter at the time whether someone was a fundamentalist Christian or a card carrying Communist Party member, the memetic structures in the mind and society were identical.

3 hours ago, OBEler said:

@Husseinisdoingfine the uploader decided that this video is not available in my country (germany). Question is why 

That is weird based on their  information in youtube they are located in berlin, you can call them and ask why.

Quintus Media GmbH Gerrit Kemming Akazienstraße 28 10823 Berlin info@quintus-media.com

+49 30 98 556 xxx

5 hours ago, OBEler said:

the uploader decided that this video is not available in my country (germany). Question is why 

Just use vpn.

@Leo Gura Friendly reminder to please make that blogpost.

I don’t mean to be irritating to you. But that documentary really brings me back to a lot of the childhood indoctrination I received when I was younger, and it would mean a lot to me for you to write a blog post expressing your thoughts on it.

bump as reminder to Leo please.