ivankiss

Spiral Dynamics - why I like and dislike the model

9 posts in this topic

It's a cool lens to look through. A cool way to dissect things. 

It's a cool model.

I cannot deny... I definitely had my share of signing various stages to all kinds of people and environments.

I was like... "Ahh, yes... This country is definitely stage blue. I can smell it in the air."

or

"Fuck... My girlfriend is as stage orange as it gets. That sucks." 

And of course I'd also put myself under the SD microscope and try to calculate my position.

Of course, as enlightened as I am, I see myself in all stages. No jokes. 

Red? Nailed that shit.

Blue? I talk to God regularly.

I'm kind of bugging at Orange. Working on it.

Green? For sure, some. Not too crazy.

Yellow? Hell yeah.

Turquoise? Of course.

If there is Coral and beyond... I dipped my toes in there as well, I assure you. I might not operate from those hights at all times - if you will, but I am familiar with the territory. I know what it is when I see it. It is not alien to me.

I am in all stages, simultaneously. I am all stages.

I am going through a journey on all of these stages. On all of these levels of being. 

All stages are unwinding in real time. They are parallel realities, bleeding into each - other.  

All stages are connected. One stage spills into the next. It's all just one thing.

So much so that there are no stages, dimensions, realms, planes, or anything like that.

There is no fragmentation, whatsoever. No division. No separation. 

One. Not two, or many.

Obviously, SD cannot be absolutely true. But it can be a cool way to describe what's going on.

... as if anything is going on lol.

It is just a model but it is a really cool one. I find the lens of SD really helpful in my interactions with people.

9 hours ago, ivankiss said:

If there is Coral and beyond... I 

Maybe stage coral is going back to any of the previous stages at will.

@mrPixel I can see how it can ne helpful, but it can be also very limiting.

@An young being Hmm... maybe.

I'd say stage coral is when you realize there never were any stages, or anything like that.

I agree with @mrPixel, it is a valuable tool for interactions with others. I use it on the regular to gauge where the person I'm talking to is at developmentally. 

"It is from my open heart that I will mirror you, and reflect back to you all that you are:

As a being of love, of energy, 

of passion, and truth."

5 hours ago, toasty7718 said:

I agree with @mrPixel, it is a valuable tool for interactions with others. I use it on the regular to gauge where the person I'm talking to is at developmentally. 

It is definitely good as a rough and tough estimate. But when we dwelve deeper into a person's character, we discover that the person is a mixture of many things or everything with different amplitudes.

On 11/1/2023 at 5:56 PM, toasty7718 said:

I use it on the regular to gauge where the person I'm talking to is at developmentally. 

Exactly

On 11/1/2023 at 8:27 AM, ivankiss said:

I can see how it can ne helpful, but it can be also very limiting.

It's not just helpful, it can radically alter your perspective.

It's just a model, though. It's not intended for anything else.

I think the very essence of the idea of spiral dynamics might be helpful in mapping reality, but it itself will also, necessarily, join the dialectical process where it negates itself by being one of the signs in the reality that it is mapping, as a map that is trying to map other maps in the process of the evolution of being, so to speak. And i think that also is one of the "aims" or acknowledgments of the metamodern thought anyways, an eternal process of self negation and "transcendence", so to speak. 

Edited by Vibroverse