shree

I don't have a meaningfull impact

17 posts in this topic

I have a tough time finding out what impact I want to have on the world. When I am very honest with myself, I don´t care that much about other people.  I do a little because I chose to. But deep down, I don't really care. I had this idea: 

At the moment I just want to improve myself. I think when I master my own psychology, then I will have the natural tendency to help others doing that too.

I have several ideas on how I want to impact the world, but they are not really meaningful to me and they have nothing to do with this life purpose. It's nice, when it works, but I don't care if not. I'm not emotional about them.

I also feel like my purpuse is stupid in comparison with what Leo, Elliot Hulse or Osho (people I admire the most) were doing, and my impact on the world will at the end be stupid impact and just a dissapintment.

Here is my - Me sheet 

Purpose: Repairing and modding electronics to give them a new life and push their functionality to another level.

Zone of Genius: Creativity and Hand-Work

The domain of mastery:  Electronics

Ideal medium: YouTube

Top 10 values:

1.               Truth

2.               Creativity

3.               Independence

4.               Personal growth

5.               Health

6.               Self-Control

7.               Joy

8.               Family

9.               Courage

10.             Focus

Top 4 strengths:

1.       Creativity and originality

2.       Critical thinking and open-mindedness

3.       Authenticity and genuineness

4.       Bravery

7 hours ago, shree said:

I also feel like my purpuse is stupid in comparison with what Leo, Elliot Hulse or Osho (people I admire the most) were doing, and my impact on the world will at the end be stupid impact and just a dissapintment.

If God uses a ranking system to rate your purpose's impact, Leo's and other people you mentioned will be making the world 0.0000000000000001% better whereas you will be making it, maybe two or zeroes more or less than that figure. So, it's not really important how much it impacts the society, what is important is that whether you get the happiness out of creating the impact you are envisioning by seeing it in action. If you are saving an ant and looking at it roaming alive because of you, you have created an impact. Mindfully realising how your actions have created impact is more important than the measure of impact in comparison with others.

7 hours ago, An young being said:

If God uses a ranking system to rate your purpose's impact, Leo's and other people you mentioned will be making the world 0.0000000000000001% better whereas you will be making it, maybe two or zeroes more or less than that figure. So, it's not really important how much it impacts the society, what is important is that whether you get the happiness out of creating the impact you are envisioning by seeing it in action. If you are saving an ant and looking at it roaming alive because of you, you have created an impact. Mindfully realising how your actions have created impact is more important than the measure of impact in comparison with others.

Even I cannot vocalize any impact worth mentioning. I am wondering if this is the right thing for me... Its cool when I play with electronics, and the biggest thing I could do is to share it on youtube which is not making any impact because at the end, its all just stupid gadgets...

On 01/11/2023 at 0:01 AM, shree said:

On 31/10/2023 at 9:10 AM, shree said:

Even I cannot vocalize any impact worth mentioning. I am wondering if this is the right thing for me... Its cool when I play with electronics, and the biggest thing I could do is to share it on youtube which is not making any impact because at the end, its all just stupid gadgets...

Maybe you can try something like teaching local kids electronics for a small fee or for free. Or you can even make educational videos using YouTube. Gadgets do play an important role in our day to day life.

@shree  If you had enough money in the bank to never "have" to do any work again, is this what you would be doing?

If so, keep going.

Not everyone starts with a lofty impactful purpose, but they develop one later.

In fact, I've heard and read many biographies, and my impression is that most people who would end up having a great impact, started out for selfish reasons (getting a certain level of financial success), then when everything was going so well, a grander mission needed to be invented and it tends to fall into place at the right time.

I think the idea of an objective valuation of your impact is invalid as a concept. Even if you were to save entire humanity from some disease, you could look at it a different way where that disease would have made us stronger if you hadn't. For example.

Value of impact is personal. But the impact has to be challenging enough to be motivating.

So if you're not challenged and motivated, back to the drawing board it is.

It could be that the impact you really want to have, is not something you believe you can do, or doesn't fit with your current identity.

But people can change, skills and knowledge can be acquired, and identities can transform.

Everything is malleable.

No reason you, with your Creativity and Originality, couldn't come up with a way to use electronics for bioenergetics or spiritual development of humanity like your heroes.

Edited by flowboy

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

9 hours ago, An young being said:

Maybe you can try something like teaching local kids electronics for a small fee or for free. Or you can even make educational videos using YouTube. Gadgets do play an important role in our day to day life.

I was thinking of sharing on YouTube what I already enjoy the most. However, I am uncertain if it's worth starting something that doesn't have any significant impact that I find remarkable. The impact that I would make does not motivate me.

3 hours ago, flowboy said:

@shree  If you had enough money in the bank to never "have" to do any work again, is this what you would be doing?

I will think well about this....

3 hours ago, flowboy said:

No reason you, with your Creativity and Originality, couldn't come up with a way to use electronics for bioenergetics or spiritual development of humanity like your heroes.

I also had this idea, but connecting electronics, bioenergetics, and spiritual development is challenging. I'll keep it in mind.

I think a lot of people put the cart before the horse with this spiritual work. You need to have a solid foundation as a human being before you should attempt to go out into the world and make change. Jesus was a carpenter first after all...

11 hours ago, Dabidoe said:

I think a lot of people put the cart before the horse with this spiritual work. You need to have a solid foundation as a human being before you should attempt to go out into the world and make change. Jesus was a carpenter first after all...

That's a really valid point. I appreciate you bringing it up. Let me know if you have any more thoughts on the matter.

On 31/10/2023 at 4:40 AM, shree said:

I have a tough time finding out what impact I want to have on the world. When I am very honest with myself, I don´t care that much about other people.  I do a little because I chose to. But deep down, I don't really care. I had this idea: 

At the moment I just want to improve myself. I think when I master my own psychology, then I will have the natural tendency to help others doing that too.

@Dabidoe

Do you agree with my previous statement? Should I focus on doing what I enjoy and am good at, without worrying about having a meaningful impact, and simultaneously work on my mental well-being while remaining open to whatever the future holds? I am interested in developing new skills in the meantime.

Edited by shree

On 04/11/2023 at 7:27 PM, shree said:

I also had this idea, but connecting electronics, bioenergetics, and spiritual development is challenging. I'll keep it in mind.

I recommend learning to love challenge, because it's where satisfaction comes from. Which is what you are looking for.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

On 07/11/2023 at 9:35 AM, flowboy said:

I recommend learning to love challenge, because it's where satisfaction comes from. Which is what you are looking for.

Embarking on the pursuit of your life purpose or crafting a career in an area where you perceive no meaningful impact on the world can pose challenges. Waking up in the morning with a complete lack of interest in making a positive difference, without a motivating end goal, can feel disorienting. I find no passion for instigating changes in the world that align with my personal interests.

The impact I aspire to create in the world is rooted in countering the negative experiences I faced in my childhood, particularly feelings of abandonment, loneliness, and shame. Essentially, my desire is to contribute the opposite of these emotions to the world. The thought of bestowing upon the world the antidote to these past struggles fills me with a profound sense of love and purpose.

I wonder if our beloved master could share his thoughts on this whenever he has a moment to spare. @Leo Gura

Edited by shree

1 hour ago, shree said:

I wonder if our beloved master

Speak for yourself. No master here in my life. Only my cat, but it's a she so she's my mistress.

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time.

5 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Speak for yourself. No master here in my life. Only my cat, but it's a she so she's my mistress.

Can I also be your mistress?

8 minutes ago, shree said:

Can I also be your mistress?

Are you female

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time.

On 11/5/2023 at 2:16 AM, shree said:

That's a really valid point. I appreciate you bringing it up. Let me know if you have any more thoughts on the matter.

@Dabidoe

Do you agree with my previous statement? Should I focus on doing what I enjoy and am good at, without worrying about having a meaningful impact, and simultaneously work on my mental well-being while remaining open to whatever the future holds? I am interested in developing new skills in the meantime.

I think focusing on the here and now, what you like doing today, what you're interested in is going to be more fruitful than pondering on your greater impact. Building skills is always a fruitful activity, even if it doesn't "Make sense" for what you think you're goals in life are. The act of being in the moment putting your all into something you're engaged in is a great use of time and will help you feel better. You never know when your collection of mini skills will build on eachother into a "talent stack."

I've gone through periods of life (and going through a bit of one now) where I don't really know what the hell to do next. I think getting caught up in the thought storms can be very painful and make you question everything about your life. The solution is to act in spite of feeling, not living in fear. I made my first linkedin post this week and it made me realize "what the hell was I afraid of"? I no longer really give a shit about getting a real job (I'm an "entrepeneur", run my own video production company and do some fix 'n' flip stuff for $) so why not just stop giving a fuck?

All the ideas in the world about making your epic impact are cool and all but realistically everything begins in the here and now, the doing. By flexing the muscles of "doing" rather than just ruminating on possibilities you will be more effective into achieving a grander purpose. Just live your life one step at a time and give yourself some self love and permission to just draw kitty cats or screw around if you're enjoying it!

47 minutes ago, Dabidoe said:

All the ideas in the world about making your epic impact are cool and all but realistically everything begins in the here and now, the doing. By flexing the muscles of "doing" rather than just ruminating on possibilities you will be more effective into achieving a grander purpose. Just live your life one step at a time and give yourself some self love and permission to just draw kitty cats or screw around if you're enjoying it!

I agree.

2 hours ago, shree said:

Waking up in the morning with a complete lack of interest in making a positive difference, without a motivating end goal, can feel disorienting.

Yes, it can feel disorienting. I've been there.

It's also a sign that your brain is expending a lot of energy on repressed childhood pain, which is an invisible energy leak.

This can make it so that there's not enough energy left to feel positive and excited about today.

3 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

Are you female

It's the 21st century. We have the freedom to identify ourselves however we choose. :P

3 hours ago, Dabidoe said:

I think focusing on the here and now, what you like doing today, what you're interested in is going to be more fruitful than pondering on your greater impact. Building skills is always a fruitful activity, even if it doesn't "Make sense" for what you think you're goals in life are. The act of being in the moment putting your all into something you're engaged in is a great use of time and will help you feel better. You never know when your collection of mini skills will build on eachother into a "talent stack."

I've gone through periods of life (and going through a bit of one now) where I don't really know what the hell to do next. I think getting caught up in the thought storms can be very painful and make you question everything about your life. The solution is to act in spite of feeling, not living in fear. I made my first linkedin post this week and it made me realize "what the hell was I afraid of"? I no longer really give a shit about getting a real job (I'm an "entrepeneur", run my own video production company and do some fix 'n' flip stuff for $) so why not just stop giving a fuck?

Thanks.

I invested time today in rewriting my LP statement several times more until I came to this:

I simplify and improve electronic devices through design, repair, and enhancement, making them more user-friendly.

This part: making them more user-friendly. Would be my impact on the world....

I think I can live with this...

2 hours ago, flowboy said:

Yes, it can feel disorienting. I've been there.

It's also a sign that your brain is expending a lot of energy on repressed childhood pain, which is an invisible energy leak.

This can make it so that there's not enough energy left to feel positive and excited about today.

I am currently engaging in various activities related to my past, including psychedelics, psychotherapy, trauma literature, and a self-love course by Teal Swan. 

On 11/14/2023 at 4:25 PM, shree said:

It's the 21st century. We have the freedom to identify ourselves however we choose. :P

Thanks.

I invested time today in rewriting my LP statement several times more until I came to this:

I simplify and improve electronic devices through design, repair, and enhancement, making them more user-friendly.

This part: making them more user-friendly. Would be my impact on the world....

I think I can live with this...

I am currently engaging in various activities related to my past, including psychedelics, psychotherapy, trauma literature, and a self-love course by Teal Swan. 

Good stuff! Share some links curious to see what you're up to.