integral

If i act a different sounding voice in my head will i become a different character?

14 posts in this topic

If I act a different sounding voice in my head will I become a different character slowly over time? If i talk to my self like a 5 year old school girl, will I get stuck that way and that will become my default personality? 

Im questioning how pliable this default personality really is. Im guessing the answer is yes, meta-acting long enough i can become mesmerized and hypnotised into any character just like this character was defaulted to be me, by the facets of life that constructed it. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

I've thought of this. It's seems as unlikely as dropping an accent or thinking in a new learned language, both are really hard things to do. But I will try it for the next day and tell you what happens.

Edited by itsadistraction

7 hours ago, integral said:

If I act a different sounding voice in my head will I become a different character slowly over time? If i talk to my self like a 5 year old school girl, will I get stuck that way and that will become my default personality? 

Im questioning how pliable this default personality really is. Im guessing the answer is yes, meta-acting long enough i can become mesmerized and hypnotised into any character just like this character was defaulted to be me, by the facets of life that constructed it. 

You can develop another persona, but your original persona is deeply tied to your memories. For you to kill your original persona you would have to deconstruct your memories and throw them away. Its possible to do this....but do you want too? To effectively do this at the highest efficiency you would also have to cut all contact with anybody from your former life and change your name if you really wanna do this.

It won't be easy either case ego back lash is persistent as all hell.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

I'm bilingual, so you could say I have two overlapping characters that I occupy. People have mentioned that I have a different timbre to my voice when I speak Spanish. And in my experience there are kind of two different hooks that a lot of things hang off of, my Spanish identity and my British one.

I think what happens when expressing different identities is that certain traits are amplified and others diminished. So if you identify strongly with the voice in your head and were to change it, you would express different parts of yourself more strongly and others less so.  It's like playing dress up and digging into a box full of different outfits, and then embodying the character that suits the clothing. Changing the voice in your head is like putting on a different outfit.

The main point, is that everyone's character is in fact very fluid - and we have a large reservoir of characters we could be. It's just that we chose to express certain traits more than others, out of habit, practice and social pressure.

Edited by LastThursday

All stories and explanations are false.

I learnt English in that way.

When I was in my teens, I fell in love with a podcast for learners of English titled 'Luke's English Podcast'. It was run by a British guy, and I was listening to it non-stop. At some point, I noticed I could substitute my inner voice with his at will. For example, if I wanted to check my English for mistakes, I had him say the phrase in question in my head and just saw how he said it. As time passed, I merged the two voices and learnt to voice over my thoughts in his accent, such that people began to ask me what part of the UK I came from.

Truth be told, I see my British character as different from my 'inborn' one ;)

@LastThursday @Lilia That makes sense guys, actually i just noticed something and was wondering if you guys can do it to.

If try to read the text on this page in French, all the words automatically translate and become French in my head.

My inner voice is French but what im seeing and reading is English. This is INSANE, never did this before! 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

15 hours ago, integral said:

You could create so many thought forms, memories (mind and body), believes, basically everything that shapes your reality ,that you are ultimately shift into that persona psychological but you will still keep your center if you are aware enough. But those are just thoughts and therefore a limitation of conciousness.  You are playing differnet characters every 5 minutes anyway if you are aware enough. xD    So the only thing that makes you less pliable in your neurological self is your awareness, and ultimately conciousness/god. Which is paradoxical very pliable but is not in the quanta (quantum field?) it is manifested in.  

Edited by effortlesslumen

8 hours ago, Razard86 said:

You can develop another persona, but your original persona is deeply tied to your memories. For you to kill your original persona you would have to deconstruct your memories and throw them away. Its possible to do this....but do you want too? To effectively do this at the highest efficiency you would also have to cut all contact with anybody from your former life and change your name if you really wanna do this.

It won't be easy either case ego back lash is persistent as all hell.

@Razard86 This happended to me and now im stuck in a shlightly altered  identity state yet my observing part remained aware  so i did not drift into  absolute insanity. And it is getting better.  But my memories stayed the same, if you can say that because after a year your memories change up so much it isnt the same memory anymore. So i would say memories are not the driving catalyst here.

1 hour ago, integral said:

@LastThursday @Lilia That makes sense guys, actually i just noticed something and was wondering if you guys can do it to.

If try to read the text on this page in French, all the words automatically translate and become French in my head.

My inner voice is French but what im seeing and reading is English. This is INSANE, never did this before! 

If you could tap into the conciousness of humanity you could speak  every language at will. Theoretically. I did it once and said something in mandarin. True storyxD

@integral It looks like what you did with that experiment was a sort of immediate translation: you skipped the part where you'd be quietly saying English words to yourself and instead called up their French equivalents from the get-go. Am I right?

In my experience, when I'm translating like that, it feels like I go straight to the meaning of the phrase, feel it and re-represent that meaning with another language's symbols. I do not have to speak the words to myself quietly like I do when I'm reading in the language they're written. It's rather like unpacking the meaning and repackaging it in another box.

Another curious phenomenon I have noticed is that I can read and/or inner-speak in anyone's voice. I can do Leo, Donald Trump or even some of my friends from kindergarten. Saying that, I can't reproduce their voices, and my impersonation skills suck.

It's like a song you hear in your head with all the music and stuff, but good luck reproducing it out loud :D

4 minutes ago, Lilia said:

Another curious phenomenon I have noticed is that I can read and/or inner-speak in anyone's voice. I can do Leo, Donald Trump or even some of my friends from kindergarten. Saying that, I can't reproduce their voices, and my impersonation skills suck.

Amazing i was able to do the same for a while. 

8 hours ago, effortlesslumen said:

@Razard86 This happended to me and now im stuck in a shlightly altered  identity state yet my observing part remained aware  so i did not drift into  absolute insanity. And it is getting better.  But my memories stayed the same, if you can say that because after a year your memories change up so much it isnt the same memory anymore. So i would say memories are not the driving catalyst here.

Memories are absolutely the driving catalyst. You can tell yourself you changed but you don't know how much subtlety your original self has.

Do you walk differently? Wear different colors now? Like completely different food etc? Your persona can even change how strong your sight, smell, etc. is. Go do some research on personalities...your personality is very complex....to rid yourself of your personality you need to do a complete memory wipe...otherwise bits of it will still be there.

Memory is the driving force absolutely....where do you think your ability to write comes from? Everything you do is just an expression of stored up memory. It's simple...you can only be what your memory is....

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.