Razard86

The Importance of Religion

29 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Sucuk Ekmek said:

This sounds cool in theory but in reality if you want the best ideas you need a well structured mind.

You have to have a well-structured mind to understand human reality, but for the metaphysical I think that any idea is an obstacle. the mental emptiness must be complete. 

+1 

Not only that, its funny how western society thought denouncing religion would just be some easy path without challenges 

It seems we are reaching the end of stage orange in many cultures and even the pop up of toxic green, its going to be interesting to see how we transition to green and hopefully see a rise of a more mature Yellow in some areas. 

People took the values & beliefs of 'religious people' for granted. 

Even something we see as simple as the nuclear family & rights of the individual could be traced back to the Church, and the decay of the former is creating serious issues...

Religion is far from perfect, but I agree, its certainly necessary for a lot of people, and provides a much better life foundation than the end goal of Materialistic Individuality. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

4 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

You have to have a well-structured mind to understand human reality, but for the metaphysical I think that any idea is an obstacle. the mental emptiness must be complete. 

Apparently you have a different view. I see there is a  connection between human reality and metaphysical.

9 minutes ago, Sucuk Ekmek said:

Apparently you have a different view. I see there is a  connection between human reality and metaphysical.

5 hours ago, Sucuk Ekmek said:

.What we call mysticism is the openness to the ultimate reality that we are. This reality is not understandable. It is the total and unlimited depth of existence. It is beyond the mind, the mind cannot grasp it because the mind is within it. is, let's say, a product of reality, then it is impossible for it to grasp reality, the only way to grasp reality is to dissolve the mind.

an opening experience is completely incomprehensible. It is more or less like this: what you are manifests and is depth without limit and that depth is total life. everything is there. You laugh for 10 minutes of pure happiness. What can you think about this? the moment you think about it it closes.

If we want states of openness to what reality truly is, we must learn to completely detach ourselves from the mind. 

20 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

.What we call mysticism is the openness to the ultimate reality that we are. This reality is not understandable. It is the total and unlimited depth of existence. It is beyond the mind, the mind cannot grasp it because the mind is within it. is, let's say, a product of reality, then it is impossible for it to grasp reality, the only way to grasp reality is to dissolve the mind.

an opening experience is completely incomprehensible. It is more or less like this: what you are manifests and is depth without limit and that depth is total life. everything is there. You laugh for 10 minutes of pure happiness. What can you think about this? the moment you think about it it closes.

If we want states of openness to what reality truly is, we must learn to completely detach ourselves from the mind. 

I get it. I don't desire the state of openness to what reality is, I am gonna find it one way or the other. I desire the things that makes something great, so I can produce something significant. This is how I would like to operate my mind.

6 hours ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

+1 

Not only that, its funny how western society thought denouncing religion would just be some easy path without challenges 

It seems we are reaching the end of stage orange in many cultures and even the pop up of toxic green, its going to be interesting to see how we transition to green and hopefully see a rise of a more mature Yellow in some areas. 

People took the values & beliefs of 'religious people' for granted. 

Even something we see as simple as the nuclear family & rights of the individual could be traced back to the Church, and the decay of the former is creating serious issues...

Religion is far from perfect, but I agree, its certainly necessary for a lot of people, and provides a much better life foundation than the end goal of Materialistic Individuality. 

^^^I'm glad you have the wisdom to understand what this post is saying. It's sad there aren't as many open-minded people as you. Yes religion has flaws, but humanity created religion for a reason because it served a purpose. I can speak for myself when I say religion gave me a great foundation and introduction into the nature of love and truth. I like to call religion training wheels. 

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

@Razard86Thanks for sharing.

You talk about religions in terms of the knowledge it gives but not about the structure it provides, the schools they built and the community they formed. 

Without religion, maybe we will not have even invented electricity yet. Maybe we would just be barbarians fighting over land.

Religion is a word pointing to God.  If you want to know God, be still and know that God is within you.  That is my religion. People do all kinds of great things and awful things in the name of religion.  I have my sense of God, they have theirs.  We all die one day, I know God personally because I take to the time to stop and listen, I believe in a higher power (God) Its work in progress..  God is all love when God comes to me.   As I sense it, and magical.

Life is a mystery.

Edited by Sir Oberon

The fruits of the holy spirit are, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control…etc.  need not be Christian or whatever.  Good people have these qualities in various measures, we are not saints, however...Lol. 

All have their own weight on the soul.  I believe I have a soul.  Call that religion too.

Edited by Sir Oberon