Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EmilyCook26

Dear Leo, My Ego Wont Shut Up!

10 posts in this topic

Good God, someone help. 

I loveeeeeee yoga and I love meditating. But as Ive been meditating recently my ego and excuse my language here, wont shut the fuck up!!! First five minutes Im there, Im present. Then BOOOOOM hello ego! And my inner voice is persistent. 

I do guided meditation for twenty minutes to half an hour a day as a minimum. Sometimes I do it twice but I have three children under the age of five and somedays its too much to take a shit on my own let alone meditate (lol). 

Should I be doing it longer? I always do guided meditation as well, is this the problem? 

Thank you :)

@EmilyCook26 You'll need 1000s of hours of serious meditation practice before the inner voice starts to quiet down. Especially if you live an intoxicated lifestyle.

I don't have a quiet mind when I meditate. And that's okay. I still get many benefits.

Spirituality is not a magic cure. It takes real work to get the fruits. But it's worth it.

Have you started doing self-inquiry yet? That might be helpful.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura  what are some questions that one can ask during self-inquiry ?

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

10 hours ago, EmilyCook26 said:

Good God, someone help. 

I loveeeeeee yoga and I love meditating. But as Ive been meditating recently my ego and excuse my language here, wont shut the fuck up!!! First five minutes Im there, Im present. Then BOOOOOM hello ego! And my inner voice is persistent. 

I do guided meditation for twenty minutes to half an hour a day as a minimum. Sometimes I do it twice but I have three children under the age of five and somedays its too much to take a shit on my own let alone meditate (lol). 

Should I be doing it longer? I always do guided meditation as well, is this the problem? 

I try concentration/ focus or count inhale 1 exhale 2 inhale 3 exhale 4 continue restart usually find my present in 20 counts. However i do this continually as my ego plays. 

Count it out.

4 minutes ago, Loreena said:

@Leo Gura  what are some questions that one can ask during self-inquiry ?

I ask all questions. I try to do 30 day challenges and break all my walls. Adapt grow in conscious.

@Loreena See my Practical Guide To Enlightenment post. It lists all the key questions.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@EmilyCook26

Your mind is not going to shut up because you find its content so fascinating, every time it appears you see another horizon appearing, even if it is the same confused horizon which disolves again and again your life is lost in one direction, it's inevitable, you want to emerge from it, like If you will ring death and ask yourself when this is all over?

Mind and this moment are inseparable, although it seems that you go somewhere with it that is not true, you are always here, when you are meditating you are here and when you are with your children you are here too. The essence of thinking is this moment. But you are so accustomed to things that you have forgotten and only with meditation will stop you from passing high, meditate is so simple, just enough patience, be attentive and infinite patience, you can force your body to meditate half Hour but until you do not allow the world to meditate you will be lost, understand this meditate does not have pauses, to meditate is everywhere, at all times and is joy, it is enjoyable fresh, always new

Osho: The Guest, Chapter 15.

Your mind is accustomed to dealing with difficult problems and has completely forgotten how to respond to the simple things in life.

The simpler a thing is, the more difficult it seems to the mind, because the mind is very efficient at solving complicated things. She has been trained to solve complicated issues; Does not seem to know how to deal with the simple. Meditation is simple, your mind is complex. It is not a problem that is creating meditation. The problem comes from your mind, not from meditation.

Vipassana is the simplest meditation in the world. It was with the vipassana that the Buddha became enlightened, and it has been through the Vipassana, more than any other method, that many more people have become enlightened. Vipassana is the method. Yes, there are others, but they have helped a few. Vipassana has helped thousands, and it really is very simple, it is not like Yoga.

The Vipassana is so simple that you do not even notice it.

In fact, when encountering Vipassana for the first time, one doubts whether it can be termed or not meditation. What is it? Without physical exercises, without breathing exercises, something very simple: simply to observe your breath as it enters and as it leaves .... it's over. This is the method. Sitting in silence, watching your breath come and go, without losing track. That is all. You do not have to change your breathing, it is not pranayama, it is not a breathing exercise in which you have to inhale deeply, exhale, inhale. No. Simply breathe, just as you do. It only introduces a new quality: attention.

Exhale; Notes. Inhale; Notes. You'll notice: breath touching your nostrils for a moment; You will notice. You can concentrate there: inhale, feel the breath in your nostrils; Then exhale, feel it again .. Fix your attention on the tip of the nose. It's not that you have to concentrate on the tip of the nose; Only remain alert, aware, observing. It's not concentration, make no mistake. Just keep remembering. At first you will lose again and again, then you will return. It is difficult for you, for some it is difficult to observe. Then you can observe the breathing in the belly. When you inhale, the belly expands. When you exhale, the belly goes down. Keep watching your belly. If you have a prominent belly, it will help you.

You can observe either the belly or the nose, what seems to you or is easier for you. Whatever is easier is what matters. And just watching the breath, miracles happen.

Meditation is not difficult. It is simple. Precisely because of its simplicity is why it is difficult at the same time. You would like to do many things and there is nothing to do; that's the problem. It is a big problem because we have been taught to do things. We ask what we should do and meditation is a state of not doing, you do not do anything, you have to stop doing. You must be in a state of total inactivity. Even thinking is doing; Abandon it too. Doing, feeling, thinking, everything disappears; You are simply This is to be. And being is meditation. It's very simple.

In your mother's womb you were in the same space. In vipassana you will be entering again in the same space. And you will remember, you will have deja-vu. When you enter the deep vipassana, you will be surprised because you know it, you have known it before. You will recognize it immediately because nine months in your mother's womb you were in the same space, and you did nothing, just you were.

Never think about meditation in terms of success

Because that is bringing your ambitious mind towards it, the selfish mind towards it. Then meditation becomes a goal of the ego. Do not think in terms of success or failure. These terms are not applicable in the world of meditation. Forget about all that. Those are terms of the mind; Are comparative. And that is the problem: you must be watching others succeed, achieve it, ecstatic, and then your self-esteem falls. You will be feeling like a fool sitting and watching your breath, watching your breath. You must feel very foolish and nothing is happening. Nothing is happening because you are waiting for too much.

And at the beginning, every new process seems difficult. One has to learn to savor it.

Just wait a little. Just have a little patience. At first everything seems difficult, even the simplest thing. And do not be in a hurry.

That is one of the problems with the Western mind - the haste. People want everything immediately. They think of the terms instant coffee, instant meditation, instant clarification.

No, that's not going to happen quickly. Simply sitting for a day in vipassana, you will not come out dishonoring. You will be utterly tired - tired because they told you not to do anything, tired because you had never before been doing such nonsense before. Not doing anything? You are a doer! If you had cut wood all day long you would not be so tired. But sitting silently, doing nothing, just watching your silly breath coming in, coming out ... many times the idea comes up, "What am I doing here?" And time will seem very, very long, because time is relative. Time will lengthen. The meditation of a day will seem as if years and years would have passed- "And what has happened? Is not the sun going to set today? When will it end? "

If you are in a hurry, if you are in a hurry, you will never know the taste of meditation. To savor meditation you need great patience, infinite patience.

Meditation is simple, but you have become so complex that relaxing will take time. It is not meditation that takes time-let me remind you again-it is your complex mind. It has to be taken to rest, to a relaxed state. That takes time.

And do not think in terms of success

Never think about meditation in terms of success

Because that is bringing your ambitious mind towards it, the selfish mind towards it. Then meditation becomes a goal of the ego. Do not think in terms of success or failure. These terms are not applicable in the world of meditation. Forget about all that. Those are terms of the mind; Are comparative. And that is the problem: you must be watching others succeed, achieve it, ecstatic, and then your self-esteem falls. You will be feeling like a fool sitting and watching your breath, watching your breath. You must feel very foolish and nothing is happening. Nothing is happening because you are waiting for too much.

And at the beginning, every new process seems difficult. One has to learn to savor it.

Just wait a little. Just have a little patience. At first everything seems difficult, even the simplest thing. And do not be in a hurry.

That is one of the problems with the Western mind - the haste. People want everything immediately. They think of the terms instant coffee, instant meditation, instant clarification.

No, that's not going to happen quickly. Simply sitting for a day in vipassana, you will not come out dishonoring. You will be utterly tired - tired because they told you not to do anything, tired because you had never before been doing such nonsense before. Not doing anything? You are a doer! If you had cut wood all day long you would not be so tired. But sitting silently, doing nothing, just watching your silly breath coming in, coming out ... many times the idea comes up, "What am I doing here?" And time will seem very, very long, because time is relative. Time will lengthen. The meditation of a day will seem as if years and years would have passed- "And what has happened? Is not the sun going to set today? When will it end? "

If you are in a hurry, if you are in a hurry, you will never know the taste of meditation. To savor meditation you need great patience, infinite patience.

Meditation is simple, but you have become so complex that relaxing will take time. It is not meditation that takes time-let me remind you again-it is your complex mind. It has to be taken to rest, to a relaxed state. That takes time.

And do not think in terms of success and failure. Enjoy! You also do not target a goal. Enjoy the pure silence watching your breathing come and go, and soon you will have a beauty, a new experience of beauty and bliss. Soon you will see that you do not need to go somewhere to be happy. One can sit quietly, he can be alone, and he can be blissful. No more is needed, only the beating of life is enough. If you can beat her, it becomes a deep inner dance.

Meditation is a dance of your energy, and breathing is the key.

Edited by Vingger

One’s center is not one’s center, it is the center of the whole. 

And the ego-center is one’s center.

That is the only difference, but that is a vast difference.- 

wow thank you so much for all your advice everybody. Such detailed responses too! And the ACTUAL (see what I did there? Lol) Leo replied!!!! 

My life isnt so much intoxicated as busy. I dont drink smoke or do drugs but then Im pregnant! So my choices to live untoxicated have been children based rather than me based! Which is probably bad? I dont know! 

vinnger thats the most detailed response Ive had on meditation ever!!! Thank you!!! I would "like" it but I havent worked out the site yet (Technological stuff isnt my strong point!) 

thank you so much everyone. Just finished watching one of Leos videos! So its lovely to come on here and recieve messages :) xxxxx

On 3/31/2017 at 6:59 PM, EmilyCook26 said:

Good God, someone help. 

where is the problem? your annoyance is the essence of your transformation, the proof that your entire being is paying very attention to the ego and it's chit-chatting.  
you are a thousand miles in front of people who don't even notice their ego. 

attention is as powerful as a nuclear reactor, nothing can last under your attention.  
you're already doing perfect, as you keep paying attention to the ego, as you keep being annoyed with it, it will be deconstructed.  

but the ego is an immense thing, you are taking on the pain of an entire civilization, the ego is not something that's part of you.  
don't expect the ego to disappear overnight, have respect for it, almost everyone on the planet is under it's influence, and many generations were....what you're doing is absolutely amazing, so be patient, be appreciative.  

be grateful that you're annoyed with the ego, the annoyance itself is the healing process, there's nothing more to do, just sit back and watch it fall like a desert slowing losing its grains of sand , your annoyance is the wind blowing them away

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!