Spiritual Warrior

I met a girl

7 posts in this topic

Hi all, 

I met a girl at a wedding last night, we danced all night and I would pull her to the side every once in a while and chat for a few minutes. I got her number at the end of the night. 

She is very reserved and quiet and shy. What is a good first date idea? She seems very into me so I know that she will answer positively, I'm just trying to figure out what kind of date would make her the most comfortable. She seems inexperienced and I don't want to overwhelm her. 

1. Should I try to go back to a salsa dancing club? This is my specialty, I'm a good dancer. I could also have a buddy come with me and bring a girl. Not sure if that would make her more or less comfortable though? 
  2. I could go for a coffee date, but I feel like thats taking a step backwards as we were dancing very intimately on the dance floor. A coffee date is very casual, not really what I want to do anyway, so I think this one's out.
  3. I could take her to a bar and try to incorporate some hopping around, grab a bit here, grab a drink here, walk around for a little bit, etc. 
  4. I could combine 1 and 3, take her out for a drink, maybe a bite, walk around a little bit so that we get some alone time and then make our way to meet up with my buddy and dance at the salsa club. 

I would love some input from any of you, thank you. 

Edited by Spiritual Warrior

I don’t know, but I do think you should practice leading and deciding.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

You didn't know you were going to meet this person, it just happened. Now you want to control what will happen next. Yes, plan for another date, anticipate how you want it to go by feeling good about it. Expect it to be an enjoyable experience but try not to get too much into your head with it. 

Ask her if she has a preference. Ask her what she would like to do. That's an example of you taking the lead. You're not waiting for her to ask you. If she says she doesn't care, then decide for the both of you. Whatever you decide, ask her if she's ok with it. That's showing that you care how she feels. If she really likes you, it wouldn't matter where you are as long as she feels comfortable there. You lead passively, not by force or by making all the decisions. 

Take control of the date by allowing her to feel comfortable. Don't push anything and try to relax and go with the flow. 

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

7 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

You didn't know you were going to meet this person, it just happened. Now you want to control what will happen next. Yes, plan for another date, anticipate how you want it to go by feeling good about it. Expect it to be an enjoyable experience but try not to get too much into your head with it. 

Ask her if she has a preference. Ask her what she would like to do. That's an example of you taking the lead. You're not waiting for her to ask you. If she says she doesn't care, then decide for the both of you. Whatever you decide, ask her if she's ok with it. That's showing that you care how she feels. If she really likes you, it wouldn't matter where you are as long as she feels comfortable there. You lead passively, not by force or by making all the decisions. 

Take control of the date by allowing her to feel comfortable. Don't push anything and try to relax and go with the flow. 

10/10 advice

On 21. 10. 2023. at 2:53 PM, Spiritual Warrior said:

I could go for a coffee date, but I feel like thats taking a step backwards as we were dancing very intimately on the dance floor. A coffee date is very casual, not really what I want to do anyway, so I think this one's out.

Pick this. What feels like taking things down is sometimes an opportunity for the other person to meet you truly. You were at a crazy energy on a wedding party, now get more intmate and personal. You say she is shy. She will probably have a lot of personal questions for you! 

Make her comfortable just being with you and then at the end of a coffee date, you can propose for a more exciting activity to get back into your wild side again!