Mystic Seeker

How to get your adult children to understand the importance of enlightenment

10 posts in this topic

I am struggling to find the words or actions that will effectively relay the importance of this path to my children. They are young adults and this is a crucial time in their lives to start in the right direction. Aside from the basics of being good, successful, etc... I want to tell them what I know about God and the Universe and enlightenment. But the world we live in today is far from that and young people (aside from the small percentage) are not interested in this stuff. If I tell my kids to watch Leo's videos, they won't. So If anyone has any advice on how to relay this crucial information I'd appreciate it.

Maybe I should just be direct and no bs just tell them they are God and give them all the information I have. But I'm sure their eyes will glaze over with boredom and also they will think Mom is crazy. I know you can't give someone the desire to become enlightened beings but I want to try. 

Your desire to change others is distracting you from going deeper yourself 

48 minutes ago, Sugarcoat said:

Your desire to change others is distracting you from going deeper yourself 

I'm not trying to change them, they are great, Just guide them. But I get what your trying to say. thx

10 minutes ago, Mystic Seeker said:

I'm not trying to change them, they are great, Just guide them. But I get what your trying to say. thx

Mm u do u 

You have to guide them up the Spiral. They will not care about enlightenment until they start to really suffer due to the excesses of Stage Orange, until they become well-accomplished in at least one area of life. 

That is not directly under your control. In my case i rebelled against many preferences of my parents specially for example with my dad's music taste. I mean is nice but I felt like an attempt of control and didn't let much in by then. I prefered to discover it by myself. 

On the other hand they could pretty much influence my path indirectly by giving high counscious toys throughout my childhood and rewarded me emotionally when I came up with new stuff from the old stuff through self exploration with the toys.

Maybe you can continue focus on yourself and give an example of a high counscious being while promoting opportunities for them to go on high counscious activities such as adventures in Nature by themselves at first or with a high counscious community but without showing expectations of any results. They need to discover that for themselves if they need and feel like it.

35 minutes ago, slasher_kingsize said:

Maybe you can continue focus on yourself and give an example of a high counscious being while promoting opportunities for them to go on high counscious activities such as adventures in Nature by themselves at first or with a high counscious community but without showing expectations of any results. They need to discover that for themselves if they need and feel like it

Thats really good advice, I especially like the part about adventures in nature-great idea!

17 hours ago, Mystic Seeker said:

I am struggling to find the words or actions that will effectively relay the importance of this path to my children. They are young adults and this is a crucial time in their lives to start in the right direction. Aside from the basics of being good, successful, etc... I want to tell them what I know about God and the Universe and enlightenment. But the world we live in today is far from that and young people (aside from the small percentage) are not interested in this stuff. If I tell my kids to watch Leo's videos, they won't. So If anyone has any advice on how to relay this crucial information I'd appreciate it.

Maybe I should just be direct and no bs just tell them they are God and give them all the information I have. But I'm sure their eyes will glaze over with boredom and also they will think Mom is crazy. I know you can't give someone the desire to become enlightened beings but I want to try. 

In one of Leo's videos (guided realizations that you are God) he says, "spirituality is nothing more, than being conscious of exactly what you are doing (as God)"

So help your kids be more aware of their their actions and emotions and they will be closer to "enlightenment" naturally. It's always best to lead by example. 

Enlightenment is just a word and can actually be an obstacle since enlightenment is beyond a label. That's the problem with spiritual texts/lessons/videos is that they can quickly  become dogma and distorted with ideology and beliefs.