OldManCorcoran

Time is also a form of qualia

35 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Sir Oberon said:

The timeless soul is said to be immortal, a continuous thread of energy that runs through our existence, transcending time and space. It is the wellspring of our emotions, passions, and desires. It is the seat of our intuition, our higher self, and our connection to the divine.

Absolute Truth with a capital "T".

38 minutes ago, Sir Oberon said:

Einstein believed that time is an illusion, that both the future and the past are unchangeable, and will play out exactly the way they were meant to. Many physicists share this view, but some have alternate explanations for how things will play out in the long run.

The "Block Universe".

Does past, present and future exist simultaneously? Is Time an Illusion? - YouTube

Are there any good not-so-scientific books about time? That would be an interesting topic to read.

Edited by An young being

Science does not understand what time is.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

9 hours ago, Sir Oberon said:

Well if nothing is happening, then where do we get the Naive Realism from?    Nothing can't produce anything, therefore I need another drink before it all disappears.

Isn't the term "nothing" a label for a category that sits opposite another category of "something"? Well, all categorical divisions are a function of the mind also and not actual to objective reality.

Like the seen color of red (the qualia) does not exist outside the mind, categorical divisions are made of thought and thoughts don't exist outside the mind.

I.e. these two categories cannot be external to the mind because the idea that there exists such categories is made of thoughts which is a function of the mind. Actual reality is not made of categories, categories are what our mind applies onto actual reality in the form of thought.

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Science does not understand what time is.

Do you suggest any books or videos to atleast try to understand time?

2 minutes ago, An young being said:

Do you suggest any books or videos to atleast try to understand time?

I don't know of anyone who understands time except me. And my understanding of it is still incomplete.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

10 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I don't know of anyone who understands time except me. And my understanding of it is still incomplete.

Just don't forget to post once you have understood it completely or how much ever you can.

5 hours ago, OldManCorcoran said:

Like the seen color of red (the qualia) does not exist outside the mind, categorical divisions are made of thought and thoughts don't exist outside the mind.

This statement gave me an "ah ha" moment like you wouldn't believe. It explains how everyone is you; and even though I knew all is mind, it made me understand it on a deeper level. I had to read it like 5x to really grasp the profundity of it. It seems so simple, but yet so profound if truly grasped with depth and clarity.

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I read somewhere that time is consciousness dreaming and space is when it rests. Not saying it's so,....

20 hours ago, Razard86 said:

It just means nothing ever happened. LOL. That is what that means. Nothing happened at all, or ever has happened.

Or happened all at once

There is no such thing as time 

Time is an illusion 

For example in a movie there is a time frame , however notice you never encounter directly the time frame of the movie only one bit at a time. And if engaged with it you won't even notice the duration. Same with dreaming, I don't know what time is and even if I look at a clock in my dreams it's always wrong (not the actual time) same with awakening your time in reality is always wrong because time is only now.

On 10/7/2023 at 2:33 AM, OldManCorcoran said:

Isn't the term "nothing" a label for a category that sits opposite another category of "something"? Well, all categorical divisions are a function of the mind also and not actual to objective reality.

I.e. these two categories cannot be external to the mind because the idea that there exists such categories is made of thoughts which is a function of the mind. Actual reality is not made of categories, categories are what our mind applies onto actual reality in the form of thought.

That's interesting to think about. The mind = Thoughts, and perceptions that are categorical divisions,  but then what is mind?    What is objective reality?  Seems to me we will never know with our limited faculties, however, we are having conscious experiences.  

Vision is one example, the world of phenomena is out there but we don't get the complete picture.  I ingest a certain plant and my vision, sight, and sound perceptions get altered, so I know firsthand that my brain is filtering my awareness.  However, consciousness is always the same whether it looks like this or that. 

The perception of time, like the patterns and colors I see in nature can also be shifted.  It leads me to believe that my brain is a filter, and my mind is amazing, it takes it in, and consciousness, where does it sit?  

On 10/7/2023 at 8:22 AM, Princess Arabia said:

I read somewhere that time is consciousness dreaming and space is when it rests. Not saying it's so,....

It could be, dreams fascinate me.  Those plant materials I have been ingesting have taken me back to dreams I long forgot, and I dreamed them again. Dream recall, or was it just visions, that looked and felt like dreams, I will never be certain. 

When my soul departs this body my dreams will follow me, I believe this in uncertain, timeless ways.

"All In Good Time"   Dead Can Dance

Lyrics

All your ships
Have left their moorings
Cast adrift
On the Sargasso Sea
Waiting for the wind
To set your sails free

When you've reached
The end of your rainbow
Chasing shadows
And down on your luck
Look for the sign
Look for a sign

As you rise to the very top
Of your mountain
Just remember those
Poor lost souls
On their way down

You taught me patience
Was a virtue
I took my time
Let Nature take her cause
All was revealed
All in good time

Turn back your clocks
Open up your memories
Beneath the veil
Where time stands still
You showed me a sign
You showed me the sign

Source: Musixmatch

Songwriters: Brendan Perry

All in Good Time lyrics © Kobalt Music Netherlands International B.v.

Edited by Sir Oberon

On 10/7/2023 at 2:42 AM, Leo Gura said:

Time and time again, little jewels is all I see.