thenondualtankie

What's your style of connection with others?

13 posts in this topic

I've noticed that for me a large component for me to connect with someone well is if I share my worldview with them. In order to connect well with people, I have to discuss spirituality, current global affairs, or something like aliens lol (a subset of "worldview").

Can anyone relate? What avenues do you connect with people through?

i like girls that go to electronic music events, I'm very social and cosmopolitan and love to go to social mixers with a large variety of different people

Edited by Chives99

"You have to allow yourself to not know"- Peter Ralston

I recently joined a group for neurodiverse young adults. I’m neurodiverse, and for a very long time I’ve just been surrounding myself with neurotypical people.

Surrounding myself with others who actually think differently like I do has been a game changer.

(A quick overview of what neurodiversity is)

“Every sunrise is an invitation to brighten the world with your own unique light.“ - ChatGPT

On 10/4/2023 at 10:10 AM, thenondualtankie said:

That's nice. Is that an IRL group?

Both! Sometimes we meet on Zoom, other times irl.

“Every sunrise is an invitation to brighten the world with your own unique light.“ - ChatGPT

4 minutes ago, thenondualtankie said:

So you connect with others when you share your mutual weirdness. Mood

For real.

I was at a concert last night, and out of nowhere I find myself dancing like an idiot. Now this is completely out of line for me, because I’ve never danced at concerts before. I suppose seeing others dancing inspired me (even though not everybody was dancing).

I told myself fuck the rules, fuck the logic, I’m fucking dancing no matter what. And I created completely new dance moves from scratch, to my astonishment. 

Dancing is a powerful psychedelic!

I like to do the same but usually only happens with people that are super open minded and pretty smart

4 minutes ago, PenguinPablo said:

I like to do the same but usually only happens with people that are super open minded and pretty smart

The venue I went to is pretty open minded. It’s in Texas; the bathrooms are divided into “Sit” and “Stand” instead of “Men” and “Women”.

16 hours ago, PenguinPablo said:

Let me guess, Austin :x

Yes. I find it ironic how the Governor’s Mansion is there… only blocks away from everything he hates ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

On 10/7/2023 at 3:02 PM, Yimpa said:

The venue I went to is pretty open minded. It’s in Texas; the bathrooms are divided into “Sit” and “Stand” instead of “Men” and “Women”.

That's what I usually do in public restrooms, "sit and stand" at the same time, but only if doing a #1

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time. Death is the end of the illusion.

My style of communicating with others is seeing how others are myself. I have a lot of animosity towards people, so clearly I have a lot of animosity towards myself.

Awareness is key to letting go of hatred.