Sandhu

Assist Me Exploring Passion-Driven Career Path

7 posts in this topic

I'm passionate about troubleshooting computer hardware and software issues, digital piracy, the dark web scene, and digital satellite TV systems (I've delved deep into this). Additionally, I have a keen interest in Tennis, Cricket, and learning English. These are activities I enjoy even when I'm unwell. 

Based on these interests, I want to ask about which career or profession would be a good fit for me. I dislike formal education but thrive on hands-on practice, which is why I won't pursue a degree, despite being a high-achieving student.

Mingle with influential people in your sport interests and be their technician, fixing their software. See if anyone has a big project going on/coming up that will face many software issues.

If you don't have work experience, maybe start on Fiverr, upwork.

Cyber security is a very lucrative field that seems right up your alley. There's stuff like white-hat hacking.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@universe It's truly fascinating to see how diverse things can be around the world, whether it's in terms of work or any other aspect of life. Your advice is of no use.

You can apply for a job as an intern and learn along the way if you doubt that you can make it all work by yourself, or for higher positions if you are more confident and actually know your stuff.

If you haven't worked for a company and want to try it, you will get a bit disappointed because often there will be some repetitive stuff and other things. You have to be passionate enough or have a good enough reason to ignore the things that you didn't think would be part of the job. Eventually, that stuff would bother less.

I think you should do some research on what Leo wrote and give it a try. Maybe something better pops up along the way.

@Understander To put it simply, I'm a young man without work experience, and I've outlined my interests above. I'm seeking guidance on the specific career path to pursue. For instance, I have a strong passion for learning about digital piracy, but I'm not interested in becoming a white hat hacker as suggested by Leo.

I'm trying to understand what fundamentally ignites such a strong passion for unethical activities like piracy, while I don't feel the same level of enthusiasm for ethical hacking. It's not just that adventure factor.

On 03/10/2023 at 8:25 PM, Sandhu said:

I'm trying to understand what fundamentally ignites such a strong passion for unethical activities like piracy, while I don't feel the same level of enthusiasm for ethical hacking. It's not just that adventure factor.

My guess is you were always the odd one out at primary school or high school, or you didn't fit in with the popular kids at least.

Perhaps the "main crowd" treated you poorly, ridiculed you, didn't accept you.

That's how it worked for me.

After that, I didn't want to fit in anywhere.

I studied 3 different things because I had the passion and talent, and quit very soon because I saw that it was leading somewhere I didn't want to be.

But the underlying reason was that it would mean I was "fitting in" somewhere (in this case, a scientist), and my subconscious just freaks out at the idea of being "one of them". I'm supposed to be weird, the odd one out, too cool to do anything that a group of others are already doing!

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/