Dear me

Does mental disease prevent us from awakening?

19 posts in this topic

Hello ! 

I wander if serious mental health issues like bipolar , OCD , etc prevent us from awakening and becoming elightened ? 

Edited by Dear me

There are just symptoms of a bad life and society. I don't believe in mental diseases. 

Edited by at_anchor

I highly doubt it does. I’ve always been a bit OCD, it’s not always a bad thing. :D 

We are all spiritually sensitive so maybe bipolar disorder and the like are part of that process for some? 

Edit to add: probably one of the most awake people I have met is a diagnosed schizophrenic. What a beautiful ray of light she is. I think the trick is, like it is with her, is to not let the diagnosis define you and your experience. 

Edited by Merkabah Star

Of course it does.

But don't take that to mean it is impossible for you. Just harder.

Although in some cases it might be easier. There are so many different kinds of neuro-divergence, it's hard to make sense of them all.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@at_anchor due to bad conditions and events in life a person gets affected ; the effect is on mental health mostly 

You can’t deny the diagnosis of the psychiatrists to some patients like psychosis ... they have hallucinations and abnormal thinking which leads to abnormal behaviors 

It can make it more difficult but at the same time your nature is already the case, enlightenment is possible no matter the circumstances.

5 hours ago, Merkabah Star said:

probably one of the most awake people I have met is a diagnosed schizophrenic. What a beautiful ray of light she is.

so you’re saying that a part of awakening makes a person psycho in the perception of the psychologists , i.e. awake people are psycho in the lenses of the psychology ??

Edited by Dear me

16 minutes ago, Dear me said:

awake people are psycho in the lenses of the psychology ??

No

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

When you’re more authentic and in touch with your highest values you will have an easier time.

For example, my current therapist is neurodiverse (as am I). I became open-minded to see her months after I did psychedelic treatment, which of course opened my mind. Most of my previous therapists I had very little connection to,  but I kept seeing them anyway because I kept assuming that I was powerless and that they knew better than me.

So before psychedelics and spirituality I was being completely inauthentic; allowing society and culture (group-think) to dictate my conditions and who I am based on their own limited assumptions.

This took time to deconstruct even after I broke through with psychedelic and mystical experiences, and it’s still an ongoing process.

I’m more the captain of my ship now instead of a passenger on the Titanic.

Why did the snake need glasses? Because it had a reptile dysfunction!

7 hours ago, Dear me said:

so you’re saying that a part of awakening makes a person psycho in the perception of the psychologists , i.e. awake people are psycho in the lenses of the psychology ??

No, I didn’t mean that. 

On 10/1/2023 at 2:13 PM, Dear me said:

@at_anchor due to bad conditions and events in life a person gets affected ; the effect is on mental health mostly 

You can’t deny the diagnosis of the psychiatrists to some patients like psychosis ... they have hallucinations and abnormal thinking which leads to abnormal behaviors 

I saw crazy people and I can't make a distinction between a crazy person and a normal person, sorry. 

If you were somehow poisoned or prevented from sleeping enough almost every day, you would have "symptoms" of bipolar as well. I'm not familiar enough with OCD, but now I think I know enough about bipolar to say this, but I might be wrong. 

So again, hallucinations? Haha, bring me the person with hallucinations, I really can't believe it, bring me their life history and current circumstances and I'll figure out what is right with them. I mean, I am not denying that there isn't someone who can see a ghost next to me. If they really can, then there literally is something next to me. It is not a hallucination, I think.

I mean, I don't know how you can heal "bipolar" with stupid drugs and shit. It's just gonna cause more problems in the long run. Let's say that there are these mental diseases, how do you know chronic heavy metal or plastic exposure in organs is not the cause of the symptoms or that some other type of chemical didn't cause it? 

So with bad conditions and events in life a persongets affected. That's true. But just don't tell me science found cures to bring people back to normal. It's a life long handicap. "Dignitas" has a way better solutions than science if the cases are too severe and the person believes they just can't do it anymore.

On 10/2/2023 at 6:10 PM, at_anchor said:

I mean, I am not denying that there isn't someone who can see a ghost next to me. If they really can, then there literally is something next to me. It is not a hallucination, I think.

You’re saying that in the name of spirituality or what ??

8 hours ago, Dear me said:

You’re saying that in the name of spirituality or what ??

I am saying that because long ago I saw someone said that there is a demon over there and pointed with a finger at it. I will never see that person again, but he either really sees something or he's lying to get attention. But why would he lie to get attention at the cost of his life?

If someone told me that there is a demon, I would be openminded to it in certain circumstances, but not if I suspect a prank or something. 

I'm not saying this in the name of spirituality, no. I'm incapable of being spiritual unfortunately. I woke up twice last night. First time I took melatonin and was able to fall back asleep, second time I didn't take it, and I wasn't.

I'm saying it because I'm stupid and careless, not cautious and considerate of other peoples feelings at times when I'm very tired, afraid, feeling emotionally hurt, and when I'm having trouble with digestion. 

Today I slept longer, I don't know how much, but it was certainly not 8 hours. However, I'm still tired and unwell. It was never as bad as when I started getting chemically abused. When I completely lost the control over my own body and others did to it what they wanted. Now, they'll have control over it for the rest of my life, cause obviously now I'm in need of their chemistry. 

In the past I was only in need of chelation agents, now I don't know if that's the case anymore.

@Judy2 But if a person is experiencing psychosis which include hallucinations and delusion how will they distinguish between enlightenment and hallucinations? 

Like before during my do-nothing meditation sessions I felt that I went through enlightenment and I realized consciously that I’m not the body and I experienced different states of consciousness ... I experienced narvana and I faced my demons .. but during all of that I had voices in my mind that were telling me stories about the people around me and explaining things I was ignorant about and I felt that there were hidden things being revealed to me through that consciousness.. But then the voices were so loud that they drove me crazy. Then I started believing that I’m being observed by people and they’re placing cameras and eavesdropping devices in my room ( I wasn’t alone in the house ) and I took it to the extreme level of fear and doubt ... 

After my family found that my behaviors were abnormal , I was forced to go to the psychiatrist and I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder 

My psychiatrist made me see that all the realizations and insights I got were hallucinations with the help of psychotic medication... but the point is that I’m feeling that there are things hidden and true in them .... 

How can I distinguish between the fact that I’m actually having enlightenment or I’m just hallucinating?? 

Note: that’s not the full story cause there are personal things I don’t wanna share 

Edited by Dear me

2 hours ago, Judy2 said:

generally speaking, enlightenment is something "outside of" mental activity (i.e. "thought"). perhaps that's a helpful pointer for you.

You mean that during enlightenment there’s no interfer of the thoughts ? 

But then what about the insights ? don’t we realize them through thoughts ?? 

I'm wondering how long you have to be without sleep before effects of that start to show and what do they look like. I'm starting to have some and it scares me. Meditation is hard to do. I could do it for hours in the past, it is different now. You can't get enlightened with a mental disease. No way. 

Does anyone know a good substitude for this forum? It's currently the only thing that gives me a sense of comfort, security and belonging. It's not wise to stay here any lomger though. I'm starting to ruin it pretty much. 

I'm sorry. I wish I was different and even able to become a moderator. Ignorance and ungratefulness blinded me in the past, while really difficult health issues and more socio-economic issues are crushing me.

So how long do I have until I lose my mind from lack of sleep and disease caused by chemicals intentionally inflicted into me?

I hope posting here is not gonna bother.

On 10/2/2023 at 10:18 AM, at_anchor said:

It's a life long handicap.

No, that’s ableism. 

Why did the snake need glasses? Because it had a reptile dysfunction!