Carl-Richard

Cool studies suggesting trans people have different brains

35 posts in this topic

The phantom limb one made me go "what?!" ??

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

He may be lying when he talks about patients being treated for testicular cancer. The most logical thing would be that they received a gnRH antagonist, which is not particularly "feminizing", perhaps even that those concerned were in fact put on TRT, which is the most logical in this context.
It's not like they were put on high daily doses of female hormones (E2,P4,Prolactins).
Tests should be carried out on transgender people before transition.

Incidentally, just because a neurological “abnormality” is significant does not mean it is not epigenetic.

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

Very interesting if true. This would make it easier to diagnose true trans people and eliminate the subset of people who are mentally ill and buy into the ideology. I would say a brain scan should be required to approve the treatment of more significant sex change therapy, if these changes are not present, the individual should probably be treated as having a mental disease more similar to body dysmorphia rather than being a transgender person.

This also would imply that gender is not a social construct, but actually a structure in the brain. The fact that humans have a tendency to create seperations between the sexes in behaviour, fashion and so forth would be a biological reality, but the specific ways in which it manifests would be a social construct.

So, gender is a brain structure, and the specific manifestation of gender roles are a social construct.

Similar to how the capacity for language is a brain structure, but individual, specific languages are social constructs.

They should devise a study where they look at the brains of detransitioners. If this is true, they all should have the brain structures corresponding to their sex.

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel

1 hour ago, Scholar said:

They should devise a study where they look at the brains of detransitioners. If this is true, they all should have the brain structures corresponding to their sex.

Not necessarily.

Depending on what kind of family you have and what kind of people you are surrounded with (school or work or friends etc) you can get bullied out from being trans (by social push) , the same way you can get bullied into being trans by social push.

Basically in short , you can have external reasons for your detransition.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8213007/

Results: A total of 17,151 (61.9%) participants reported that they had ever pursued gender affirmation, broadly defined. Of these, 2242 (13.1%) reported a history of detransition. Of those who had detransitioned, 82.5% reported at least one external driving factor. Frequently endorsed external factors included pressure from family and societal stigma. History of detransition was associated with male sex assigned at birth, nonbinary gender identity, bisexual sexual orientation, and having a family unsupportive of one's gender identity. A total of 15.9% of respondents reported at least one internal driving factor, including fluctuations in or uncertainty regarding gender identity.

4 minutes ago, zurew said:

Not necessarily.

Depending on what kind of family you have and what kind of people you are surrounded with (school or work or friends etc) you can get bullied out from being trans (by social push) , the same way you can get bullied into being trans by social push.

Basically in short , you can have external reasons for your detransition.

Sure, some might get bullied out of it, but we should find a high proportion of detransitioners who have a normal gender-to-sex biological ratio. I find it unlikely that someone would be bullied out of transness after they went through sex-reconstruction surgery and so forth.

Either way, using this, we should be able to detect false "trans"-people before initiating gender therapy, and reducing the detransition rate significantly.

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel

3 minutes ago, Scholar said:

Either way, using this, we should be able to detect false "trans"-people before initiating gender therapy, and reducing the detransition rate significantly.

Yeah I agree. I just felt the phrase "all" was a little strong, but yeah I get your main point, sorry for being nit-picky.

4 minutes ago, zurew said:

Yeah I agree. I just felt the phrase "all" was a little strong, but yeah I get your main point, sorry for being nit-picky.

No problem, it's always useful to correct such simplifications.

Glory to Israel

4 hours ago, Schizophonia said:

He may be lying when he talks about patients being treated for testicular cancer. The most logical thing would be that they received a gnRH antagonist, which is not particularly "feminizing", perhaps even that those concerned were in fact put on TRT, which is the most logical in this context.

That's not lying ? That would be misinformation. Lying implies intent to deceive. But you haven't read the study so you don't know.

3 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

That's not lying ? That would be misinformation. Lying implies intent to deceive. But you haven't read the study so you don't know.

Do you by any chance have the studies he is referring to?

Glory to Israel

1 minute ago, Scholar said:

Do you by any chance have the studies he is referring to?

Nope. You could do a dive on Google Scholar (no pun intended).

Edited by Carl-Richard

1 hour ago, Carl-Richard said:

lying by omnition 

But in itself I'm not even against the underlying idea, I just try to have a hypercritical approach in principle.
If the “progressives” are right here then fine. ?

3 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

lying by omnition 

No, that still implies intent -_-

3 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

I just try to have a hypercritical approach in principle.

Well, then you should be hypercritical of the fact that you haven't read the study and found out which hormones they used :)

@Schizophonia

1 hour ago, Schizophonia said:

lying by omnition 

But in itself I'm not even against the underlying idea, I just try to have a hypercritical approach in principle.
If the “progressives” are right here then fine. ?

Lying by omitting? 

@Carl-Richard

14 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

The phantom limb one made me go "what?!" ??

Very interesting video, reminds me of Leo's video of conservative/liberal brains.

1 hour ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Schizophonia

Lying by omitting? 

Lying by omission, also known as a continuing misrepresentation or quote mining, occurs when an important fact is left out in order to foster a misconception. Lying by omission includes the failure to correct pre-existing misconceptions. For example, when the seller of a car declares it has been serviced regularly, but does not mention that a fault was reported during the last service, the seller lies by omission. It may be compared to dissimulation. An omission is when a person tells most of the truth, but leaves out a few key facts that therefore, completely obscures the truth

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lie

On 19.9.2023 at 4:21 PM, Scholar said:

I read the thing. It seems to feed into the points in my other thread (the replication crisis, etc.).

Edited by Carl-Richard

14 minutes ago, Optimized Life said:

Trans people have different dicks. 

?