Hardkill

Has Cenk lost his mind?

31 posts in this topic

He's always been like this.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

He's always been like this.

Yeah, but I never thought that he would genuinely believe that a fringe candidate such as Marianne Williamson would have a better chance of defeating Trump in the 2024 general election. He's also now screaming about how incredibly selfish Joe Biden is for not stepping aside and clearing the field. If Biden announced he is not running again then there would likely to be a very bloody primary that would probably divide and weakened the Democratic party very significantly in 2024. Besides, Biden's approval rating is actually not terribly low like Carter's was before he ran for re-election and lost to Reagan.

I can't believe Cenk really thinks that Biden is definitely going to lose to Trump even though he already beat Trump. I mean no one for certain what will happen in 2024, but how can you say that Biden has no chance of defeating Trump again?

Edited by Hardkill

The whole problem with Progressives is that they're too idealistic in a realist world.

Even if Biden stepped asise, there's no way Williamson would win a Democratic primary. She's not popular enough. RKJ Jr would be the most likely runner up.

Edited by Leo Gura

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The whole problem with Progressives is that they're too idealistic in a realist world.

Williamson quite a risky choice.

There's absolutely no way Williamson would even make it through a democratic primary. 

What about the idea that we should have a democratic primary because most Americans say they don't want Biden to run again and the Democratic voters in America deserve more of a choice for whom they want as their nominee for president?

I don't agree with that personally, because Harry Truman, who was one of if not the weakest incumbent president in modern US history, ran for a second term, actually won another term, which totally defied all of the pollster's predictions back then of him losing re-election.

Edited by Hardkill

1 minute ago, Hardkill said:

What about the idea that we should have a democratic primary because most Americans say they don't want Biden

Realistically I don't see anyone beating Biden. Which is why there isn't a primary.

I wouldn't mind a primary tho. Maybe someone new would emerge.

Realistically I don't see anyone beating Biden. Which is why there isn't a primary.

I wouldn't mind a primary tho. Maybe someone new would emerge.

Because he is the incumbent. 

Ideally, we should have a new younger, and stronger candidate run against Trump, but after having greatly deliberated on this matter myself, I think it would be a big mistake if Biden dropped out of the race because the Democratic would the lose the tremendous advantage of having Biden as the incumbent in the election and have a much much harder time of being able to keep the whole party united. Otherwise, I fear that we could really have a replay of 2016. The Democratic party needs to be united as one in order to win.

Edited by Hardkill

Biden is old, but he is not senile or anything like that for now.

Could he deteriorate during the next five years? Yes.

Also Trump, he is just three years younger.

The important thing is that Biden can defeat Trump next year, 2024. Williamson is not an appropriate contendant against Trump. Neither is anybody else right now.

I’m pretty sure any democrat could beat Trump at this point, he just has his dwindling base and single term presidents are rare (trump being one is just more proof he isn’t popular). The problem is Biden could have a serious medical issue or die during the election.

Edited by Raze

I'm not sure Williamson would beat Trump in a head to head.

RFK Jr probably would.

Williamson would have the whole corporate establishment against her. No corporate or business person would vote for her.

Edited by Leo Gura

RFK Jr probably would.

Williamson would have the whole corporate establishment against her. Not corporate or business person would vote for her.

I think you are massively underestimating how unpopular trump is, someone running again after losing after one term is unheard of precisely because every one term president knew they’d have no chance, and he’s only degraded his support from independents with his behavior since he lost.

Yeah, maybe Kennedy would win too. Despite his position on some issues, he stands as the reasonable man near Trump. Williamson would reactivate the culture wars where Trump thrived in 2016, we don't want that.

17 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

RFK Jr probably would.

Williamson would have the whole corporate establishment against her. Not corporate or business person would vote for her.

Do you think Biden should drop out of the race even he has the incumbency advantage and has the best chance of preventing a very very costly bloody primary?

I wonder if Harris could beat Trump.

Edited by Hardkill

I'm quite sure Harris has no chance against Trump.

Just now, Leo Gura said:

I'm quite sure Harris has no chance against Trump.

Even though she's totally qualified for the job, represents the values of the majority of americans, is in her prime, already had great name recognition from being VP like Biden had before he became persident and even though Trump has had countless indictment made against him and most moderates and independent voters have made it clear that they will not vote for Trump? That's very sad.

35 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

Even though she's totally qualified for the job, represents the values of the majority of americans, is in her prime, already had great name recognition from being VP like Biden had before he became persident and even though Trump has had countless indictment made against him and most moderates and independent voters have made it clear that they will not vote for Trump? That's very sad.

I know right? It's absurd. I never understood the vitriole against her. And yes, you'd think she would have a massive advantage over Trump in a hypothetical election because she's a rationale person and a seasoned politician, but unfortunately a decent percentage of the general populace either doesn't like her or otherwise likes Trump enough to vote for him. It's wack imo.

53 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

Even though she's totally qualified for the job, represents the values of the majority of americans,

She's not likeable and has the wrong vibe.

That's what wins elections.

19 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

She's not likeable and has the wrong vibe.

That's what wins elections.

But most Americans hate or dislike Trump more so than Harris. Most Americans are getting terrified by Trump and his authoritarian movement.

Why does she have the wrong vibe but Biden doesn't? At least she doesn't have the age-related issue that Biden has.

Also, given your premise why was she picked by the Democratic party to be Biden VP running's mate in 2020 if she's not likable enough? Actually why is she our country's VP?

Edited by Hardkill

10 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

But most Americans hate or dislike Trump

I don't get into too much political talk, I try to avoid it, but I had to comment on this. You will be surprised at how many people here in America supports Trump. They might not like his personal values, but Trump represents a lot of blue collars and even white collars not to mention some black and Latinos. Let's just say, its more than you think. It might have lessened a bit since he left office and his supporters might be upset at him for certain issues, but they'd vote for him again in a heartbeat over Harris and there are plenty of them. 

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

21 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

But most Americans hate or dislike Trump more so than Harris. Most Americans are getting terrified by Trump and his authoritarian movement.

Why does she have the wrong vibe but Biden doesn't? At least she doesn't have the age-related issue that Biden has.

Also, given your premise why was she picked by the Democratic party to be Biden VP running's mate in 2020 if she's not likable enough? Actually why is she our country's VP?

I would say and people will probably bash me for this but probably it's sexism. She's a stern almost masculine-presenting woman and unfortunately a lot of people in the US still don't like to see women act like that, especially women in power, even if they don't realize it. If she was a man they'd love her.

Edited by julienw