StarStruck

Day dreaming, depression and taking action

7 posts in this topic

In 2022 I day dreamed a lot and I felt depressed. I’m 2023 I started taking action and I have been doing well and feeling great.

For me depression is just the feeling of being stuck in the head. And then having depressive thoughts. And then feeling shitty about those. And repeat. It is just a cycle of being stuck. 

Andrew Tate is right about depression. It just exists in your head. At one point I just decided to do the right things and not care how I feel and that changed a lot of things. There is gratification of doing the right thing and there is gratification of doing the pleasurable things. People who are successful go after the first kind of gratification. 

Another thing that was major is that your words and actions have to match. If you say something to yourself and to others you have to do it or you shouldn’t have said it. His program is amazing. You should check it out. 

What do you guys do to get out of your head and to take action? 

Daydreaming can be extremely powerful visualization that can change your body chemistry , dissolve negative identification patterns etc. 

@Sugarcoat exactly, but that's when it is done intentionally, not out of control, the more day dreaming becomes uncontrollable, the worse it gets and takes over your productivity, thoughts, and behavior, it can even become something known as "maladaptive day dreaming".

But intentionally controlled visualization is a powerful exercise!

On 9/14/2023 at 11:29 AM, StarStruck said:

In 2022 I day dreamed a lot and I felt depressed. I’m 2023 I started taking action and I have been doing well and feeling great.

For me depression is just the feeling of being stuck in the head. And then having depressive thoughts. And then feeling shitty about those. And repeat. It is just a cycle of being stuck. 

Andrew Tate is right about depression. It just exists in your head. At one point I just decided to do the right things and not care how I feel and that changed a lot of things. There is gratification of doing the right thing and there is gratification of doing the pleasurable things. People who are successful go after the first kind of gratification. 

Another thing that was major is that your words and actions have to match. If you say something to yourself and to others you have to do it or you shouldn’t have said it. His program is amazing. You should check it out. 

What do you guys do to get out of your head and to take action? 

pls stop with AT, your leader Leo just wrote on his blog that he runs the sex trafficking cult, what more do you need to know?

48 minutes ago, Ayham said:

@Sugarcoat exactly, but that's when it is done intentionally, not out of control, the more day dreaming becomes uncontrollable, the worse it gets and takes over your productivity, thoughts, and behavior, it can even become something known as "maladaptive day dreaming".

But intentionally controlled visualization is a powerful exercise!

Maladaptive daydreaming is ~symptom~ of a type of mind and other factors . Treating it like a problem is a waste of effort, much more effective to focus on healing overall and changing everything around it for the better and it will naturally lessen.

no I’d say it’s quite the opposite something is most effective when it’s something your body/mind wants to do naturally . 

Edited by Sugarcoat

11 hours ago, blackchair said:

pls stop with AT, your leader Leo just wrote on his blog that he runs the sex trafficking cult, what more do you need to know?

Hitler loved puppies, therefore loving puppies is wrong?

Tate has a point about depression (although he frames it in a kind of crude way.)

The modern, popular, materialist take is that it's bad brain chemistry that we need to medicate.  The reality is that you have to change your life/lifestyle in order to improve your mood.

On 9/15/2023 at 4:34 PM, blackchair said:

People can think however they want and freely express it, within reason of course.

Leo is also not a cult leader, hence why I’m able to say stupid shit like SpongeBob is Love.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI