Hardkill

How early should one wake up in the morning to have the most productive day?

8 posts in this topic

I've heard from many different successful people out there as to what time one should wake up in the morning to have the most productive day. Some have said that they wake up at 4 am, other say 5 am, and others say 6:30 to 7am. What do you guys think the best time wake up in the morning is?

I've tried waking up at all sorts of time. But what matters the most is that your sleep is consistent at:

- The time you go to sleep

- The time you wake up

Not varying more than 20 minutes everyday ideally, anything more than 2h variation everyday is straight out brain damage.

But also, studies and common sense will tell that people working in night shifts have awful sleep. I personally tried to sleep during the day. If I sleep anything past noon somehow my body can't adapt to that. A lot of people tell sometimes that sleeping or napping for too long in the afternoon make them lose the sense of what day it even is.

Sleep is your lighthouse, everything must revolve around it, and it shouldn't be postponed. At least for me when it happens everything comes crashing down.

For me if I wake up too early I might not be able to do it well because the sun, sounds of people around me etc might affect how my brain perceives my time to sleep. As much as I tried to wake up super early like before 5:00, but recently, anything before 7:00 is too early for me. It tends to drift for me what time seems ideal for my body, but extremes are absolutely awful.

A lot of people have circumstances that forces them or its better to wake up much earlier: Avoid traffic, avoid other people and not being distracted upon waking up, etc.

But waking up too late will make you miss stuff in the morning, waking up too early will mess up with your nightlife (going out at night, etc).

It must be wild for people that live in those places that the sun stays up or down for weeks at a time at different times of the year. People tend to get more depressed with less sunlight.

I recommend "Matthew Walker", his books and talks on youtube. Also check out Serge Faguet articles on medium.

Actually, most important is to choose a time that suits you and stick to it and then make adjustments until you optimize your schedule. 

It's very easy to burn yourself out if you force yourself to wake up at 4am daily.

Edited by hyruga