Hardkill

Why isn't the Republican party not shifting back to the center?

54 posts in this topic

Their base is shrinking rapidly according to changes in demographics, and for decades they've kept going further and further to the far-right. Plus, most their policies are unpopular amongst the vast majority of Americans. Their voter suppression tactics, constant gerrymandering, the 18th century structural advantages they have in national elections, the immense amount of financial support they get for their campaigns from the rich and their corporate donors, and the culture war distractions will not work for them forever.

They've already lost too many big elections since 2018. They have become such a hateful party. So, don't they realize that they got to shift back a lot more to the center?

Because they cannot admit their whole worldview is fundamentally wrong. They are too terrified, confused, and threatened by stage Green.

The only way to truly end the MAGA madness is for them to say, "We are wrong about how the whole world works". Which is the last thing they wanna do. And from this denial comes all their nonsense and bullshit.

The fundamental problem is falsehood, and this cannot be fixed without a painful self-purification.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

8 minutes ago, Majed said:

@Leo Gura what is the republican worldview ?

Stage Blue+Orange.

They genuinely believe that's all there is to life.

Edited by Leo Gura

11 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Because they cannot admit their whole worldview is fundamentally wrong. They are too terrified, confused, and threatened by stage Green.

The only way to truly end the MAGA madness is for them to say, "We are wrong about how the whole world works". Which is the last thing they wanna do. And from this denial comes all their nonsense and bullshit.

The fundamental problem is falsehood, and this cannot be fixed without a painful self-purification.

But aren't the GOP elites more worried about losing their political power?

6 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

But aren't the GOP elites more worried about losing their political power?

Yes, but holding power is about worldview. When your worldview is deeply flawed you start to slip because your models of reality are incapable of dealing with the world.

For example, their worldview is incapable of dealing with gays and trans. So they start acting out in toxic ways rather than admitting their worldview is wrong.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura reminds me of the whole hype around andrew tate, when the dude is basically saying go to the gym, make money, and have some game with girls. lmao 

and thinks he became some kind of top g because of that lol

i think an introduction to spirituality will help humble a lot of people 

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes, but holding power is about worldview. When your worldview is deeply flawed you start to slip because your models of reality are incapable of dealing with the world.

That still doesn't make sense. 

So, the Republican politicians, right-wing interest groups and donors, conservative activists, CPAC, and the right-wing media personalities would actually rather die with their base so to speak than actually be more pragmatic by not diversifying their coalition and trying to seek much greater bipartisanship with the Democrats?

Edited by Hardkill

38 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

would actually rather die with their base so to speak than actually be more pragmatic by not diversifying their coalition and trying to seek much greater bipartisanship with the Democrats?

Of course. In order for them to seek bipartisanship they would have to outgrow their bad worldview, which is beyond them.

They don't just want power, they want power under their existing worldview. The whole reason they want power in the first place is to promote their worldview.

But also, it's not impossible to get power with a deluded worldview. Just look at the Nazis. The problem is that it won't be sustainable and it tends to become more and more corrupt and extremist. Which is exactly what's happening with MAGA. To hold onto power they are shifting more right, not center.

Edited by Leo Gura

25 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Of course. In order for them to seek bipartisanship they would have to outgrow their bad worldview, which is beyond them.

They don't just want power, they want power under their existing worldview. The whole reason they want power in the first place is to promote their worldview.

But also, it's not impossible to get power with a deluded worldview. Just look at the Nazis. The problem is that it won't be sustainable and it tends to become more and more corrupt and extremist. Which is exactly what's happening with MAGA. To hold onto power they are shifting more right, not center.

What if they got successful in imposing their worldview? 

19 minutes ago, Buck Edwards said:

What if they got successful in imposing their worldview?

It would soon collapse. As Trump did.

17 minutes ago, Buck Edwards said:

Why not stage red if it's all about power? 

Because America is too evolved for that. This is not Iraq.

Edited by Leo Gura

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

For example, their worldview is incapable of dealing with gays and trans

I am quite green myself but when I see some of the extreme stuff like 50 genders, identifying as animals etc then I am not suprised why when trump publicly says " there are 2 genders" only he gets a lot of support. Same with Orban in Hungary.

If these progressives want more support they should do the transition slowly and smoothly instead of going overboard with this gender stuff. It gets so bad people vote for whoever is against it, even if that person is not a good choice in general. The enemy of my enemy is my friend kind of thinking.

This progressive gender/sexuality stuff, has gone a bit overkill these days, you even mentioned it in your videos.

Edited by Karmadhi

54 minutes ago, Karmadhi said:

If these progressives want more support they should do the transition slowly and smoothly instead of going overboard with this gender stuff

They aren't going overboard, conservatives are overreacting.

How often do you see someone talking about "50 genders and identifying as animals"?

You using this example is a result of how conservatives work, they play dirty, pick up "extreme" and rare cases and repeat forever as something common to scare dumb boomers.

Boomers lack epistemic awareness, they confuse what they see on facebook as reality, so they think the "real world" has gone mad.

It's a really interesting question.

I think the republican party is finally dying off in the next few decades. Now that's gonna be progress 

1 hour ago, Recursoinominado said:

How often do you see someone talking about "50 genders and identifying as animals"?

Enough for it to get all the attention in social media and news.

they play dirty, pick up "extreme" and rare cases and repeat forever as something common to scare dumb boomers.

Also most conservatives are not super racist, homophobic backwards people as liberals make them seen. So the argument goes both ways. Just because you see white supremacists and people saying gays should be stonned does not mean most conservatives think like that.

Boomers lack epistemic awareness, they confuse what they see on facebook as reality, so they think the "real world" has gone mad.

It is also shown on news a lot which is even worse than facebook for bommers.

Edited by Karmadhi

6 hours ago, Karmadhi said:

I am quite green myself but when I see some of the extreme stuff like 50 genders, identifying as animals etc then I am not suprised why when trump publicly says " there are 2 genders" only he gets a lot of support. Same with Orban in Hungary.

Yes, Green can go too far, however that still doesn't change the fact that the conservative mind simply cannot fathom the possibility that gender is not a binary. That very idea does not compute in their rigid dualistic minds. That's the real issue.

Edited by Leo Gura

Just now, Leo Gura said:

Yes, Green can go too far, however that still doesn't change the fact that the conservative mind simply cannot fathom the possibility that gender is not a binary. That very idea does not compute in their rigid dualistic minds.

So, would you say that even Ron DeSantis is now taking it too far with his whole "Florida is where woke goes to die"?