Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
trenton

Salad may cure my sleep problems

5 posts in this topic

I have been taking medication at night that induces drowsiness. The medication has inevitably become less effective requiring a higher dose. I recently started eating salad with tuna, sweet potatoes, and avocados. The result is that I have been drowsy after lunch and I fell asleep easily.

I switched to salad because one of the side effects of the medication is weight gain. This finally pushed me to clean up my diet. At first I started feeling bloated. The bloating has stopped now. If I eat salad at night, then that eliminates one of the problems I have been struggling with for a long time.

I can tell there is a lot of room for variety in case I get bored. I felt it would be tragic if the food that is healthy was actually the food I liked, but I was too addicted to junk food to try it. I have been slowly improving my diet for some time. This is my biggest leap yet and it seems to be doing work already.

Sounds yummy. Good job.  You get used to eating healthy after 6 weeks or so, give or take, a junk food habit requires a brief detox.

14 hours ago, trenton said:

I can tell there is a lot of room for variety in case I get bored. I felt it would be tragic if the food that is healthy was actually the food I liked, but I was too addicted to junk food to try it. I have been slowly improving my diet for some time. This is my biggest leap yet and it seems to be doing work already.

Mmmmh I like a good tragedy sometimes!?

Sailing on the ceiling