Princess Arabia

What Do You Mostly Like/Dislike about Reality/Universe

77 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Sidra khan said:

You explained it very well ??

Only his videos are long. His responses here are only mini clips.

The "I" wants to know it's not. So, it seeks the end of itself. Hurray, there never was an "I". 

4 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Wow, Lotta dislikes.

No? Each paragraph is one thing so two things in total. I just really expanded on them to make myself very clear. Almost always I am misunderstood when I write something so I try to make things as clear as possible.

1 minute ago, michaelcycle00 said:

No? Each paragraph is one thing so two things in total. I just really expanded on them to make myself very clear. Almost always I am misunderstood when I write something so I try to make things as clear as possible.

Ok, thanks for responding.

The "I" wants to know it's not. So, it seeks the end of itself. Hurray, there never was an "I". 

In the yin yang symbol I really hate that white fish going around.

In the yin yang symbol l really love that black fish going around.

;)

I like all the wisdom from mystics and sages and pop songs, etc.

But I dislike how I read the books and listen to the pop songs and think I understand. I feel I understand the wisdom. But then I live through a breakup or tough experience. I read the books again or hear the pop songs again and I breakdown crying because now I hear the higher truth or higher wisdom in the the material I once thought I understood. It just hits different once you live the experience. You can suddenly relate to the author. Why can't we hear the wisdom and then avoid trouble in our life? It's often like I exactly replicated the situation warned about in the book or the pop song. But it is bittersweet as the true lesson. It is an epiphany and transcendental.

We don't know what we got till it's gone. This seems to be the case at the microcosm and the macrocosm. It is frustrating but also euphoric.

Edited by Soul Flight

6 minutes ago, Soul Flight said:

Why can't we hear the wisdom and then avoid trouble in our life.

That's like saying... why can't we just read cookbooks and avoid eating. :P

Why so serious?

7 hours ago, michaelcycle00 said:

Like: Its capacity for beauty and its boundless nature.

Dislike: How selfish and unfair its structure for goodness is; that at the bottom of things, all the beautiful aspects of existence are only made possible at the expense of other things or beings. You get diamonds by destroying an entire ecosystem to find them. You get a lot of money by creating a company where you do the least amount of work and make the most money by having employees do the most and get paid the least. You eat the most delicious food by killing animals. You get the pretty girl by winning her over the other 10 dudes who also liked her, even if you weren't the better option for her but had the right genes or the right amount of money. You have the best kind of loyal, nice, and trustworthy friends because you were lucky enough to be raised by a loving family in a stable environment. You win the best job as an amateur over the actual expert because you are friends with the boss or the owner. You enjoy safety because others (cops, military, etc.) are putting their lives on the line to keep the peace. So on and so forth...

That, and how brutal and merciless it can be. I'll never stand behind a reality where innocent people born in unfavorable circumstances are tortured and killed gruesomely and have that done to their families in front of them as well. Where Karma is not a thing either, because people who haven't ever even hurt a fly in their lives meet the worst of fates.

that's how it is. life is A kind of war in many senses. the problem is the current human mentality that says that life is an amusement park and that everything has to be perfect. It is absurd, that only generates neurosis. life is unpredictable, it can hit you in a thousand ways. you have to see the beauty and joy behind the war, and even in it. Being alive is wonderful, just forget the content, focus in the fact of existing.

Edited by Breakingthewall

3 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

@Breakingthewall

Sounds like someone's been reading a lot of Nietzsche lately... 9_9

8 hours ago, michaelcycle00 said:

Haha I never did, but maybe he said similar things, because they are obvious. Life is hard, no doubt about it. Maybe the humans have achieved a bubble of apparent comfort, but life is always there lurking, putting its yang in the ying. it is impossible to escape

On 8/27/2023 at 10:12 AM, cetus said:

Exactly! I have MS and gravity/weight is wreaking havoc on me. Just moving from point A to point B feels like I'm swimming against the current and it's exhausting. Before the illness I never gave a thought to the degree muscles need to work to counteract against weight and gravity. But now that my muscular ability is somewhat diminished, I'm acutely aware of gravity's effects.

Hi. It was something in my browser settings. It's fixed now. Can't send PM. Already exceeded

4 hours ago, Hero in progress said:

@Princess Arabia

correct you do have manners and etiquette. But not much of a sense of humour.  

My sense of humor is biased.

3 minutes ago, Hero in progress said:

@Princess Arabia

Care too elaborate? not sure what you mean by that 

Who doesn't have a sense of humor now

Just now, Hero in progress said:

@Princess Arabia

Its understanding Im lacking right now, how is your humour biased? in what sense?  

It was just a joke, let's just drop this meaningless convo.