rnd

If Quran is allowed to be burned in Sweden, why Bible shouldn't be?

31 posts in this topic

On 19/8/2023 at 1:42 PM, T_i_m said:

You couldn't have found more perfect sources of information.

Meduza and Moscow times are 2 *seemingly* russian mazagines. But in reality they aren't -- sponsored by the US and West.  Even though Meduza writes in russian. Even though it's "Moscow times".

They've been given the "foreign agent" status in Russia because they receive money from abroad. Money for what? For this kind of news and articles they write about Russia on the daily basis.

Find me the same information from a trustworthy and *russian* source.
The news may be true - no idea yet. But find them.

---

The offices of Meduza and Moscow times are in Latvia and Netherlands.

Edited by rnd

On 21.08.2023 at 6:17 PM, rnd said:

You couldn't have found more perfect sources of information.

Meduza and Moscow times are 2 *seemingly* russian mazagines. But in reality they aren't -- sponsored by the US and West.  Even though Meduza writes in russian. Even though it's "Moscow times".

They've been given the "foreign agent" status in Russia because they receive money from abroad. Money for what? For this kind of news and articles they write about Russia on the daily basis.

Find me the same information from a trustworthy and *russian* source.
The news may be true - no idea yet. But find them.

---

The offices of Meduza and Moscow times are in Latvia and Netherlands.

It's not the point. They quote Russian officials there. You can just go find their statements, they are there. The location of the offices doesn't change the fact. I just sent the first links I saw, cause the sources  I heard those news from myself were in Russian. 

We are allowed to burn whatever we want in Sweden. To legally burn things publicly tho, a protesting permit is required. I would guess that getting a permit in a specific place can hard. The person burning the Quran didn't do in Infront of a mosque.

We don't have a dubble standard.

Islam is an ideology. Ideologys don't have rights here. People do have rights tho. That's why the n-word isn't allowed.

Russian news is a propaganda machine controlled by the state. The Russian state specializes in information warfare. They destroy western political discourse with troll farms. Fuck em.

The road to God is paved with bliss.

7 hours ago, martins name said:

We are allowed to burn whatever we want in Sweden.

Ok.

Are you allowed to publicly whip any famous LGBTQ figure? To film this? To publicly burn their teaching? To protest againt their presense and allowance in the country?

For the muslims these acts may be an equivalent of burning Quaran, as the muslims may not want to respond by burning the Bible. Their choise.

Edited by rnd

20 hours ago, T_i_m said:

It's not the point. They quote Russian officials there.

Perphaps you haven't experienced it when the pro-US and pro-Western media claim  that some russian sources or officials to have said or done something but in reality no one on the russian said have or done so.

Or when the pro-US and pro-Western media  have distorted, which they'll do more often than not, what's been said by the russians.

Show me a few cross-refferences from the russian, trustworthy sources that prove that the russians do have said or done that, and precisely that.

Edited by rnd

1 hour ago, rnd said:

Are you allowed to publicly whip any famous LGBTQ figure? To film this? To publicly burn their teaching? To protest againt their presense and allowance in the country?

For the muslims these acts may be an equivalent of burning Quaran, as the muslims may not want to respond by burning the Bible. Their choise.

Whats that reasoning? Any group of people can have different kind of opinion about what would be equivalent to what (based on their unique subjective standards), but that doesn't mean, that just because of that they can now exclusively dictate how the free speech laws should be managed in a country.

Do you have a problem with free speech  that allows burning holy books? If not, and you only have a problem regarding burning the Quran, because you have some kind of a bias towards Islam, then what do you think where is more free speech? 1) in a muslim country 2) In sweden

1 hour ago, rnd said:

Are you allowed to publicly whip any famous LGBTQ figure?

We are not allowed to whip anyone against their will in Sweden.

1 hour ago, rnd said:

To publicly burn their teaching?

We are allowed to burn the LGBTQ flag, and the Swedish flag for that matter. 

1 hour ago, rnd said:

To protest againt their presense and allowance in the country?

We do have a law in Sweden called "incitement against folk group". It means it's not allowed to say hateful things about a group of people. But their actions and beliefs can be questioned. Burning the Quran is considered as criticizing ideas. Which is what a book is.

1 hour ago, rnd said:

For the muslims these acts may be an equivalent of burning Quaran

Maybe I can create a religion with a potato god. According to my religion eating potatoes is as offensive to me as killing a person is to a regular person. Should we then outlaw eating potatoes? I don't think Sweden should be controlled by such subjective whims. 

If Islam gets special treatment, then all belief systems get special treatment. Which means total chaos. You can see how this wouldn't work.

Sweden is a secular country. It means that religions are nothing more than ideas.

The road to God is paved with bliss.

1 hour ago, rnd said:

Show me a few cross-refferences from the russian, trustworthy sources that prove that the russians do have said or done that, and precisely that.

Go find them yourself, shouldn't be hard if you speak Russian. I personally don't care if you believe it or not.

2 hours ago, rnd said:

russian, trustworthy sources

Oxymoron. :D

Glory to Israel

Have you considered this perspective on the situation? While many have responded to critiques against Sweden, it's worth noting the unique challenges Sweden faces due to recent immigration. This has, in some instances, led to cultural conflicts. Scandinavian countries predominantly operate from the Orange and Green vMEMEs, emphasizing individual rights and community harmony. However, these values might sometimes clash with those from cultures where power/control and order/stability, represented by other vMEMEs, are more dominant.

Blue (Order & Tradition): Many Muslims, who value the sanctity of the Quran, perceive its burning as a deep violation of their core beliefs. This isn't merely a critique but a perceived attack on their truth.

Orange vMEME (Individual Rights): Sweden's stance on freedom of speech, rooted in the Orange vMEME, permits acts that can critique or even offend. This can clash with the Blue vMEME's desire for respect of tradition.

Green vMEME (Community & Harmony): Many advocate for mutual respect in diverse societies, viewing acts like the Quran burning as counterproductive to societal harmony. They see such actions as needlessly provocative.

Red vMEME (Impulsiveness): The immediate, impulsive reactions, like violent protests, can further exacerbate tensions, clashing particularly with Green's call for understanding and Orange's advocacy for individual rights.

In essence, the event in Sweden showcases a friction point where values of individual freedom (Orange) collide with respect for tradition (Blue), the call for societal harmony (Green), and impulsive reactions (Red).

So, to answer your question about how the reaction would be if the Bible was burned:

In Sweden, a predominantly secular society, the burning of religious texts like the Bible might be viewed by the majority as unnecessary or provocative but is unlikely to incite widespread public outcry. Given the limited number of devout Christians, the reaction would be comparatively muted.

Edited by liquid

both should be allowed to be burned and if you meet buddha on your path hit him in the face