Someone here

So i want to be become a muslim

109 posts in this topic

I read the entire quran. I found peace in its writting and teachings. To believe in one god and to believe that its messengers are speaking truth is all it takes to be a muslim. Now if thats all youve done your not nessacarly a practicing muslim. I should do  the 5 pillars the best i can. Then I'm  a practicing Muslim. 

The quran is incredibly interesting book .and I'm shocked that no one in this forum talks about it .

if you read the quran you will  know everything you need to approach God

Also Islam is a very strict religion..not soft and easy like Christianity for example.

It has some strict  rules: no sex before marriage.no pork/pig products..no gambling…no Alcohol... Prayer 5 times a day…pay charity for poor people..etc

Anyways.. I'm happy to become a muslim. i explained this because “traditional” islam does not teach it in this way… tho tradition was changed over time.. but i fell in love with the true essance of islam and the freedom it brings.

The basic worldview or theology is pretty simple ..there is only one God who created absolutely everything. For the purpose of worshiping him . Not that because he needs your worship..no ..because he loves you . He gave you this miracle of life and existence...so doesn't he deserve your worship?  And your destiny is either eternal heaven or eternal hell . I kinda see it as a metaphor for primitive people.  Stuff like having with 72 virigin hot women in heaven and being burned for eternity in hell fire are a Metaphor.  It represents that when you are close to God your life becomes heaven ..and if you are not in touch with God your life will become hell. Now .. I understand that fundamentalists Muslims do not take heaven and hell as a metaphor but as actual places that you go to after you die . But I'm still researching and making my mind about Islam.  So I don't have an answer to every question you guys might have . I'm still in a learning curve. 

Overall I'm happy to say that from today I'm a Muslim .

Feel free to ask me any questions.

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

What do you think about Leo's take on Islam??

Why limit yourself to following one dogma when you can abandon all ties to any organized religion and just take the best from all traditions? Are you gonna actually follow all of the rules of islam like the dietary restrictions, abstaining from premarital sex, staying away from drugs and alcohol, and follow Shariah law?

Edited by Phil King

5 minutes ago, Someone here said:

to believe that its messengers are speaking truth

How you know?

6 minutes ago, Someone here said:

The quran is incredibly interesting book

The quran is denying it, But it is made up fairytales and manipulative man-poetry. Also the quran is such a nonesense book where whole chapters are about useless stupid stuff like Muhammads sexlife or dedicated a whole surah only to insulting a single man. As if God has nothing better to do than talking about such things. I dont even want to waste time searching for all this nonesense 

9 minutes ago, Someone here said:

there is only one God who created absolutely everything. For the purpose of worshiping him

God is Everything. There is no such thing as Creation

11 minutes ago, Someone here said:

I'm happy to become a muslim

You are making a bad decision. But feel free to do so. And waste your time. I am just telling 

13 minutes ago, Someone here said:

For the purpose of worshiping him . Not that because he needs your worship..no ..because he loves you

This love to throw all disbelievers into hell? Dont get it

22 minutes ago, Someone here said:

and being burned for eternity in hell fire are a Metaphor.  It represents that when you are close to God your life becomes heaven ..and if you are not in touch with God your life will become hell

You are false. Any serious muslim would disagree with you. The quran even explicit discribes the punishment in hell. 

24 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Feel free to ask me any questions.

As you dont understand the fundamentals, The only question I have: Are you serious?

Why do you need to identify as anything. Drop all the "middle man" and become God. Identify as the I AM and everything will fall into place. No need to worship anything. That's separation. God is everything. True freedom is having no identity. The mind just needs to latch on to something. Play the role, yes, but why get attached. Now you're just going to create more false beliefs and seeing the world through more filters. Getting closer to Truth is dropping everything you know and become a nobody.

But to each is own, I'm not telling you what to do, nor am I saying I'm there. I just know that's the way to God.

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

To me, Islam seems like an incredibly repressive religion to the human spirit. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/atheism/comments/2y1u9n/list_of_things_muslims_consider_forbidden_haram/ <-- List of things considered haram/forbidden.

Some standouts: Music with Instruments, Un-Islamic decor (Statues), Toys (anything resembling a living thing), Drawing and Art for anything that resembles a human, Reading and Writing anything that goes outside the realm of Islam (no high fantasy where they pray to gods other than Allah, for example), Poetry, Owning pets other than Cats, Dancing, Eating or washing with your left hand, Talking to other genders before marriage, Showing affection in public, Staring or looking directly at the opposite gender, Masturbating, Not praying five times a day, Homosexuality, (Men) Wearing shorts that show the knees, (Men) Shaving body hair,  Shaving beard lower than 1/2 cm, (Men) Having a long Mustach. 

33 minutes ago, Someone here said:

if you read the quran you will  know everything you need to approach God

^^ Unlikely. Most Muslims who only read the Quran are the furthest from God

Edited by Phil King

14 minutes ago, cetus said:

What do you think about Leo's take on Islam??

Well..the essence of of Islam  is the oneness of God. Leo does acknowledge that.  But the part that might trip Muslims up is the idea that they themselves are God..the quean is strict about that God is not a human being . So actually Leo's take on Islam is flawed and in contradiction with the teaching of Islam.  Not taking sides here or saying who is right and who is wrong ..just saying it as it is .

-Osho

12 minutes ago, Phil King said:

Why limit yourself to following one dogma when you can abandon all ties to any organized religion and just take the best from all traditions? Are you gonna actually follow all of the rules of islam like the dietary restrictions, abstaining from premarital sex, staying away from drugs and alcohol, and follow Shariah law?

Islam for me is the most rational and logical religion I read about..I  I studied Quran for awhile . you will be shocked when you notice how's the Quran is modern in it's information about almost everything..embryology and  astronomy for example.  So my intuition tells me that it's true .I feel safe whenever I hear the quran recited in Arabic. That's about it 

And yes I'm ready to do all the obligations of this religion. 

-Osho

Rupert Spira reads- Know Yourself - YouTube

Edited by cetus

11 minutes ago, GLORY said:

Also the quran is such a nonesense book where whole chapters are about useless stupid stuff like Muhammads sexlife or dedicated a whole surah only to insulting a single man. As if God has nothing better to do than talking about such things. I dont even want to waste time searching for all this nonesense 

That's indeed something that makes one skeptical about Islam.  Like I said I'm still a noob.  I don't have an explanation for every apparent "error "in the quran .

12 minutes ago, GLORY said:

God is Everything. There is no such thing as Creation

Islam believes that God is omnipresent. 

13 minutes ago, GLORY said:

This love to throw all disbelievers into hell? Dont get it

It's a metaphor. Probably. Lol

13 minutes ago, GLORY said:

Are you serious

I'm dead serious. 

-Osho

4 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Quran is modern in it's information about almost everything..embryology and  astronomy for example.  So my intuition tells me that it's true 

Absolutely Wrong. The embryology and astronomy is false. 

Watch this for example: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yMD99gyr14 

Edited by GLORY

10 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Why do you need to identify as anything. Drop all the "middle man" and become God. Identify as the I AM and everything will fall into place. No need to worship anything. That's separation. God is everything. True freedom is having no identity. The mind just needs to latch on to something. Play the role, yes, but why get attached. Now you're just going to create more false beliefs and seeing the world through more filters. Getting closer to Truth is dropping everything you know and become a nobody.

But to each is own, I'm not telling you what to do, nor am I saying I'm there. I just know that's the way to God.

I know ..truth and gods love must be inclusive and not exclusive..Islam says only believers go to gods heaven.  But there might be an explanation for that that I'm not yet aware of . 

2 minutes ago, Phil King said:

Lmao funniest post on this entire forum

Please be respectful. 

-Osho

Look Guys ..I said clearly in OP that I don't have all the answers. I'm still researching this stuff and fitting the puzzles together. So give me a breathing room.

-Osho

Just now, Someone here said:

Please be respectful. 

No. Your religion requires you to live in a backwards civilization. Your religion disrespects men, women, and the human spirit

Just now, Someone here said:

I'm still researching this stuff and fitting the puzzles together

Islam is just one infinitesimally small piece of the puzzle of the universe. You will never reach absolute Truth through blindly following dogma

@Phil King whatever..to each his own.  Whatever makes you happy and makes you safe and guided in life ..follow that .?

-Osho

1 minute ago, Someone here said:

I know ..truth and gods love must be inclusive and not exclusive..Islam says only believers go to gods heaven.  But there might be an explanation for that that I'm not yet aware of . 

Please be respectful. 

You keep saying what Islam says. What do you say. You are Truth. You are Reality. When you look at Reality you're looking as Reality. You're giving your power and Authority to a sect, a tradition. Become your own person. If you want to study something that's fine, but just remember you are entangled with everything and everyone. That's just the reality of it. Go to Islam if you like, but you don't have to believe it. Treat it as an experience because that's what you incarnated as a human to do, but don't treat it as the Truth because the only Truth is God or Source Energy or whatever you call it.

You are lost and trying to find your Identity. Identities are just that, Identities. That's not your true nature. You are what you're looking for. You are going to become shackled, enslaved. Enslaved to other peoples' beliefs. What do you believe. When we move away from Source it moves away from us. It is always there, waiting for us to come to it but it gave us a choice because you cannot be forced into love you have to go willingly. Islam won't do that for you. Nobody can. You have to do it yourself, but maybe Islam can guide you there as long as you just treat it as a tool.

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

8 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

You keep saying what Islam says. What do you say. You are Truth. You are Reality. When you look at Reality you're looking as Reality. You're giving your power and Authority to a sect, a tradition. Become your own person. If you want to study something that's fine, but just remember you are entangled with everything and everyone. That's just the reality of it. Go to Islam if you like, but you don't have to believe it. Treat it as an experience because that's what you incarnated as a human to do, but don't treat it as the Truth because the only Truth is God or Source Energy or whatever you call it.

You are lost and trying to find your Identity. Identities are just that, Identities. That's not your true nature. You are what you're looking for. You are going to become shackled, enslaved. Enslaved to other peoples' beliefs. What do you believe. When we move away from Source it moves away from us. It is always there, waiting for us to come to it but it gave us a choice because you cannot be forced into love you have to go willingly. Islam won't do that for you. Nobody can. You have to do it yourself, but maybe Islam can guide you there as long as you just treat it as a tool.

Good message. Thank you ?

Well..all I can say is that I can be a muslim and still maintain everything in my life .I can be open minded about other religious beliefs and different cultures. 

The reason Islam has captured me is because Islam offers an answer for almost every thing : why is there good and evil? why are we here ?why me ,what happens next ,what's s life what's death who are we ?and all of these things

-Osho

4 minutes ago, Someone here said:

all I can say is that I can be a muslim and still maintain everything in my life .I can be open minded about other religious beliefs and different cultures

You literally cant do this if you want to be a true muslim. Islam forbids even entertaining the ideas of other religions and cultures. A true muslim is not allowed to be friends with non muslims, not allowed to participate in non islamic culture, and not allowed to talk with people outside of Abrahamic religions. 

6 minutes ago, Someone here said:

The reason Islam has captured me is because Islam offers an answer for almost every thing : why is there good and evil? why are we here ?why me ,what happens next ,what's s life what's death who are we ?and all of these things

Literally every religion does these things. Its for people who want ready made solutions and who dont want to think too hard to figure out reality for themselves.

@Phil King from where did you get your  information about Islam? 

-Osho