Someone here

Anyone in this forum completely transcended fear of death ?

219 posts in this topic

This is what dies:

1. Your Memories 
  2. Your thoughts 
  3. Your beliefs 
  4. Your knowledge 
  5. Your Fears 
  6. etc 

This is what doesn't die:

1. You're Conscious ( that thing that has to remember that its human) 
  2. your body  ( it turns into something else, let's say carbon, and then carbon becomes a plant)  

So I conclude by saying it is authentic; you will die and vanish completely because who are you without the first list?

Dying is placing a factory reset button on a human being.   

2 minutes ago, MAHAVATAR_-_BABAJI said:

What about the burning monk?

If you base your understanding on such fantasical examples you will have a very distorted understanding of how suffering actually works. And, ironically, you will end up suffering a lot as you notice that your own life never matches your spiritual fantasies.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

9 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

The house I'm living in did catch on fire once around 6yrs ago. Didn't see it coming. I'm still living in the same house. We did what we needed to do at the time. When it happened it happened. I didn't go through suffering

All this demonstrates is that you didn't actually experience serious loss. You got lucky.

Consider a situation where you actually lose something serious and irreplaceable by your own doing.

Edited by Leo Gura

Just now, Leo Gura said:

All this demonstrates is that you didn't actually experience serious loss. You got lucky.

Ok..im done. No such thing as luck.

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time.

Some of you guys here need to experience some deep suffering just to awaken you out of your illusions and fantasies of invincibility and strength. You are not as strong as you think you are. When life gets hard enough it will crush you.

Too much spiritual bypassing going on here.

Edited by Leo Gura

Contemplation and self honesty are very important, very very important. But you also should be surrendering to the stillness, to the inner peace and resonance, while contemplating, otherwise mind is so tricky to get you into a state of self torturing, hopelessness, fear, and so forth. 

So there should be a balance point we need to find, otherwise i also know and experience how torturous mind can be in convincing you that you are in a very bad situation and that you are truly fucked up, and things like that. 

Edited by Vibroverse

People who have nothing are suffering because they have nothing. People who have everything are suffering the thought of losing everything. When does it end.

To be fortunate enough to be in a position where you are not constantly suffering is a blessing. Most people are so spoiled they don't even know.

You could be in a trench in WW2 right now. The only reason you aren't is pure good luck. You can't even begin to imagine what suffering is possible.

Edited by Leo Gura

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Some of you guys here need to experience some deep suffering just to awaken you out of your illusions and fantasies of invincibility and strength. You are not a strong as you think you are. When life gets hard enough it will crush you.

To what level of personal experience are you basing this view? What metrics do we use to measure the level of suffering?  I believe suffering is relative. 

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Some of you guys here need to experience some deep suffering just to awaken you out of your illusions and fantasies of invincibility and strength. You are not a strong as you think you are. When life gets hard enough it will crush you.

That's all relative. You don't know the depth of what people have gone through. Someone in a mansion could suffer for downsizing. Someone in a gutter who knows nothing about living in a mansion could be happy living in the gutter. Noone is talking about invincibility. People know they're not invincible. What is hard life. That relative also. It depends on your resilience. Everyone isn't the same.

4 minutes ago, jonatech256 said:

To what level of personal experience are you basing this view? What metrics do we use to measure the level of suffering?  I believe suffering is relative. 

I agree

16 minutes ago, jonatech256 said:

You don't need to measure the level of suffering. Just experience enough degrees of it to appreciate how utterly serious this issue is.

Yes, of course it's relative. Which is why few people understand how deep it can go.

Every day around the world millions of people go through horrific suffering which almost no one appreciates because to appreciate it would inflict a lot of suffering on you. You don't even wanna contemplate the suffering of others because it would cause you too much pain.

Edited by Leo Gura

A little kid might be experiencing a similar kind of suffering when his father did not buy him the toy he wanted. From his perspective that pain might be a very great pain. 

@Leo Gura i can relate to that, i would've never imagined the level of torture and suffering one can go through before having experienced hypothyroidism and all it's symptoms for years: cognitive impairment, anxiety, depression, incapacity to work, extreme fatigue and restlessness... 

plus it was of my own doing, my ignorance about nutrition which led me to go on a bad diet. 

plus when i say "my own" not really because we're all determined to be ignorant, and the system we grow up in whether in school or at home doesn't teach about nutrition and the potential risk a bad diet can easily lead to. so yeah i don't blame myself very much for it. but i do acknowledge that an education on health and nutrition is recommended now. 

Edited by Majed

5 minutes ago, Vibroverse said:

A little kid might be experiencing a similar kind of suffering when his father did not buy him the toy he wanted. From his perspective that pain might be a very great pain. 

That level of suffering hardly registers if you consider that there are children in Africa who have legs blown off and parents killed by bombs. You cannot even imagine what that suffering entails.

Some 600,000 people were killed in a war in Ethiopia just 2 years ago. Most people don't even know this war exists.

My only point is: be careful with spiritual bypassing.

Edited by Leo Gura

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

That level of suffering hardly registers if you consider that they were children in Africa who have legs blown off and parents killed by bombs.

Yeah, sure, i'm not denying that. I'm just trying to understand the mechanism of suffering, so to speak, and what to do about that. And also what to do about the suffering that we are in, that we are experiencing, from our perspective of being. 

Edited by Vibroverse

4 minutes ago, Vibroverse said:

Yeah, sure, i'm not denying that. I'm just trying to understand the mechanism of suffering, so to speak, and what to do about that. And also what to do about the suffering that we are in, that we are experiencing, from our perspective of being. 

Good. Keep trying.

And, sure, i myself am kinda guilty of spiritual bypassing and self denial, in some sense, but i'm just trying to find the balance where i can both stop my spiritual bypassing and not lose my alignment with love and myself, you know. And, yeah, that seems to be a very delicate balance, not easy to find. 

2 minutes ago, Vibes said:

@Leo Gura Do you consider killing yourself?

I know this is your question to Leo, but if I may say, I think people who consider killing themselves want to live they just don't know how.