Someone here

How does law of attraction work ?

23 posts in this topic

I'm beginning to become convinced that LoA is for real ..as in it really works and its not just new agey hippie nonsense. 

Recently I started using a dreamboard and  I wrote on it that I wanna try Cigars (not cigarettes..  I mean the fancy big ones ) and weed ...and soon enough I just found a dealer in the local streets of Delhi and I purchased some weed. 

Do you ever think about something too often and all the sudden you start seeing It everywhere?  Like for example you think a lot about taking a driving course..and then Boom ..out of nowhere you find opportunities on TV and the newspaper and everywhere....it seems too good to be true .which is what makes it even more amazing. 

I just want to understand how exactly does this law work ? Like what is the science or physics behind it ? Is that our thoughts carry some electrical charge and when we Send it off to the universe it tends to attract similar charges? 

Any clarity appreciated

Thanks. ? 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Of course it works.

This comes down to a discussion of values, because whatever your organism values, it pursues (which is why you need to meet your base desires for this to be really potent and why Napoleon Hill explicitly wrote a chapter on sexual transmutation in the seminal work on the law of attraction „Think and Grow Rich“).

When you have a concrete vision of what you want to achieve i.e. what it is you „value,“ your organism will unconsciously organize it‘s behavior in such a way as to optimize for the fulfillment of that particular desire.

This is the non-woo-woo explanation of this. Of course everything being a dream, it’s not hard to see why meditating on a certain vision will likely cause the dream to unfold correspondingly.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

Also, finding out about the law of attraction and using it to buy some weed is the biggest lol ever xD

Edited by Nilsi

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

5 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

Of course it works.

This comes down to a discussion of values, because whatever your organism values, it pursues (which is why you need to meet your base desires for this to be really potent and why Napoleon Hill explicitly wrote a chapter on sexual transmutation in the seminal work on the law of attraction „Think and Grow Rich“).

When you have a concrete vision of what you want to achieve i.e. what it is you „value,“ your organism will unconsciously organize it‘s behavior in such a way as to optimize for the fulfillment of that particular desire.

This is the non-woo-woo explanation of this. Of course everything being a dream, it’s not hard to see why meditating on a certain vision will likely cause the dream to unfold correspondingly.

So let's say i want a car.. first i must feel like having the car already?

so literally fake it till you make it sort of deal?  act like ihave the car...FEEL like i have the car already..then over time the car manifests in the appearance?

5 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

Also, finding out about the law of attraction and using it to buy some weed is the biggest lol ever xD

I want also two blonde girls to tickle my genitals ;)

-Osho

@Someone here Another word for Law of attraction is law of mirroring which basically points to the fact that you get and experience what you are. The reason for this is because YOU, are God and hence everything else is your reflection. But what is "YOU"? YOU is just a certain combination of thoughts which in turn create a certain FEELING.  I am saying it again... YOU are FEELING.. EVERYTHING is FEELING.

So by that logic, If you hold onto a feeling of something you will attract that because YOU are THAT. Again... law of mirroring. You attract what you are.

Another way if looking at it is that the intelect ( which is your discriminating part of the mind) Will begin constructing a story as to why the feeling you are feeling is real or in other words, why you are that FEELING. This happens because of what is refered to as the ego. The ego always wants to explain and express that which it feels it is.. so when you hold onto an emotion, you in other words let your ego.. or god - work for you in manifesting that feeling.

What happened when you created your visionboard was fundamentaly that you created a feeling of what you wanted to experience. That feeling then manifested itself because you kept that feeling in your attention somehow. You became that vision, that idea - That FEELING.

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

The way it's usually advertised... is bullshit. Also, from the Absolute "point of view", it cannot be. You are not attracting anything, from somewhere out there, into your experience. You are not attracting a single fucking thing. You are being fucking all of it. 

You wanna know how it really work? Instead of trying to manifest something, become aware how you are already manifesting everything, right this moment. Look at your hand. You are fucking manifesting that thing right there, right now. How the fuck are you doing it?!

That's how you manifest anything else. Has nothing to do with attraction... But it can be seen in such a way. 

Dive into vibrations, frequencies, oscillations, harmony and dissonance to deepen your understanding.  

9 minutes ago, SamC said:

@Someone here Another word for Law of attraction is law of mirroring which basically points to the fact that you get and experience what you are. The reason for this is because YOU, are God and hence everything else is your reflection. But what is "YOU"? YOU is just a certain combination of thoughts which in turn create a certain FEELING.  I am saying it again... YOU are FEELING.. EVERYTHING is FEELING.

So by that logic, If you hold onto a feeling of something you will attract that because YOU are THAT. Again... law of mirroring. You attract what you are.

Another way if looking at it is that the intelect ( which is your discriminating part of the mind) Will begin constructing a story as to why the feeling you are feeling is real or in other words, why you are that FEELING. This happens because of what is refered to as the ego. The ego always wants to explain and express that which it feels it is.. so when you hold onto an emotion, you in other words let your ego.. or god - work for you in manifesting that feeling.

What happened when you created your visionboard was fundamentaly that you created a feeling of what you wanted to experience. That feeling then manifested itself because you kept that feeling in your attention somehow. You became that vision, that idea - That FEELING.

Oh man thank you so much for this Explanation :)

I have a question..so if I align my feelings to only be pinpointed to what I want to attract that will actually make that thing in the external world more easily obtainable by me ? 

Sounds too good to be true isn't I? ;)

9 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

The way it's usually advertised... is bullshit. Also, from the Absolute "point of view", it cannot be. You are not attracting anything, from somewhere out there, into your experience. You are not attracting a single fucking thing. You are being fucking all of it. 

You wanna know how it really work? Instead of trying to manifest something, become aware how you are already manifesting everything, right this moment. Look at your hand. You are fucking manifesting that thing right there, right now. How the fuck are you doing it?!

That's how you manifest anything else. Has nothing to do with attraction... But it can be seen in such a way. 

Dive into vibrations, frequencies, oscillations, harmony and dissonance to deepen your understanding.  

No it actually  works. I have verified it in my direct experience.  So you can forget about convincing me otherwise.

Yes ..all of reality is a manifestation of consciousness. Your individual experiences are a reflection of what’s dominant in your inner state :thoughts..feelings..emotions.. imagination.. beliefs..etc. So if you gain mastery over your consciousness..you can align it with what you desire and manifest that as your experience.

-Osho

Just now, Someone here said:

I have verified it in my direct experience. 

Direct experience is deceptive. It's not the Absolute.

2 minutes ago, Someone here said:

So you can forget about convincing me otherwise

Last thing I wanna do, with you or anybody else. The only reason I say what I say is because I choose to express and share my thoughts here. If it helps anyone - good. But I won't try too hard. It's not my main focus here.

27 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Oh man thank you so much for this Explanation :)

I have a question..so if I align my feelings to only be pinpointed to what I want to attract that will actually make that thing in the external world more easily obtainable by me ? 

Yes 

This will require a lot. As I wrote.. your intellect will create a story to fulfill your desire.. The question is just...  Are you in for the ride? You will get distracted a lot but then it's your job to turn your attention to your highest vision which is your most positive thought.

Trust and follow the direction you want to go and that you think will feel and be the best for you... so in other words, don't change a thing!;)

I mean, isn't that what we all already are doing?

Sounds too good to be true isn't I? ;)

Which is why reality isn't true:P it just is, isn't it?

Edited by SamC

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

2 hours ago, ivankiss said:

Direct experience is deceptive. It's not the Absolute

That's your chief delusion.  Direct experience is absolutely true .

2 hours ago, ivankiss said:

Last thing I wanna do, with you or anybody else. The only reason I say what I say is because I choose to express and share my thoughts here. If it helps anyone - good. But I won't try too hard. It's not my main focus here.

Fair enough :)

-Osho

2 hours ago, SamC said:

This will require a lot. As I wrote.. your intellect will create a story to fulfill your desire.. The question is just...  Are you in for the ride? You will get distracted a lot but then it's your job to turn your attention to your highest vision which is your most positive thought.

Trust and follow the direction you want to go and that you think will feel and be the best for you... so in other words, don't change a thing!

I mean, isn't that what we all already are doing?

Yup .I agree. Also I have gotten good results.. I mean seriously good hardcore results . Looking forward to manifesting more .thanks.

-Osho

I think it's all about adjusting and curating your frequency and vibration to tune it up up up up, to the point where your vibration is free of negativities and your resistance is extremely high so you auto-pilot block out any toxic situation, like those wipers on a car that wipe away rain. That way. You've a clear road ahead that is, you will have more clarity towards your purpose, less obstruction and desired outcome. The desired outcome comes from the concentration of focus and energy. Your vibration automatically attracts your high conscious needs and your desired manifestation depending on your vibration. It's a form of reiki. 

It is also already operating subconsciously within you attracting all of your problems. That's because it's untamed and wild here. Now you use cognition and tame it, you have tamed it to work for you rather than work against you. 

It's the grounding principle of all self development. 

It is becoming basically, but not a vending machine by any means. It's a process attracting a process 

It can also be considered similar to prayer.

I think in the subconscious realm, a lot of factors impact this energy, like past trauma, insecurities, fears which will need shadow work. So combine your practice with shadow work. Because these stuff like trauma etc are blockages and cause intense interference with this energy. Also if this energy is stirred properly, it might remove malefic effects of the trauma as well thus stopping the trauma cycle once and for all. So it can be useful in trauma healing. 

I think it's also closely associated with kundalini because I guess kundalini works in a similar way 

I like the idea of a leaky abstraction: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leaky_abstraction (I know, I know, I'm a programmer).

You are god abstracting itself into a human form. But the abstraction leaks and manifests in things like the law of attraction and synchronicities. The law of attraction is the encapsulation of the observation that "weird shit happens". God is always there warping reality, because God cannot completely hide in the shadows: the human abstraction leaks.

All stories and explanations are false.

8 hours ago, Someone here said:

Direct experience is absolutely true .

Absolutely speaking, you have never ever experienced a single thing, and never will.

15 hours ago, Buck Edwards said:

I think it's all about adjusting and curating your frequency and vibration to tune it up up up up, to the point where your vibration is free of negativities and your resistance is extremely high so you auto-pilot block out any toxic situation, like those wipers on a car that wipe away rain. That way. You've a clear road ahead that is, you will have more clarity towards your purpose, less obstruction and desired outcome. The desired outcome comes from the concentration of focus and energy. Your vibration automatically attracts your high conscious needs and your desired manifestation depending on your vibration. It's a form of reiki. 

It is also already operating subconsciously within you attracting all of your problems. That's because it's untamed and wild here. Now you use cognition and tame it, you have tamed it to work for you rather than work against you. 

It's the grounding principle of all self development. 

It is becoming basically, but not a vending machine by any means. It's a process attracting a process 

It can also be considered similar to prayer.

I think in the subconscious realm, a lot of factors impact this energy, like past trauma, insecurities, fears which will need shadow work. So combine your practice with shadow work. Because these stuff like trauma etc are blockages and cause intense interference with this energy. Also if this energy is stirred properly, it might remove malefic effects of the trauma as well thus stopping the trauma cycle once and for all. So it can be useful in trauma healing. 

I think it's also closely associated with kundalini because I guess kundalini works in a similar way 

Thank you bro . Very informative and interesting explanation ?. 

15 hours ago, LastThursday said:

I like the idea of a leaky abstraction: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leaky_abstraction (I know, I know, I'm a programmer).

You are god abstracting itself into a human form. But the abstraction leaks and manifests in things like the law of attraction and synchronicities. The law of attraction is the encapsulation of the observation that "weird shit happens". God is always there warping reality, because God cannot completely hide in the shadows: the human abstraction leaks.

Sorry I couldn't understand.  Would you try to put in a different way? 

So law of attraction happens because god intercepted with the normal flow of things ? I hope for an explanation that doesn't involve god or other deities. 

-Osho

8 hours ago, ivankiss said:

Absolutely speaking, you have never ever experienced a single thing, and never will.

Elaborate please.  Don't just throw at me one liners and leave me confused. 

-Osho

I don't like the hippy explanation of LoA either. Like, just focus on the good things you want and you'll manifest EVERYTHING you desire. It's way more nuanced than that.

I like to look at it as a law as its name suggets. Like gravity. Take a look at you life. What do you have? What do you lack? It doesn't matter if it's positive things or negative things, just think about your life in general.

Now, whatever you came up with results from your thoughts and emotions. At least most of it. If you think about it long enough, you can trace back every single event (positive or negative) to a single thought. It doesn't require some woo-woo explanation, however, if you think about it, it's magical at the same time. 

You're God in limited form, so you do have the ability to manifest almost anything you desire, but you really have to be conscious and smart about it.

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

So law of attraction happens because god intercepted with the normal flow of things ? I hope for an explanation that doesn't involve god or other deities. 

I'm only using God as a synonym for reality/consciousness/source/higher power whatever.

As such God can do what it likes, it's not bound by any rules, God can bend reality to its own whim.

You are a human, and bound by lots of rules about reality, you cannot bend reality as easily: you have to use your body to do so. Except fundamentally you're not really human, you're actually God contorted into a human (i.e. an abstraction of God). So, occasionally your God nature pokes through and weird stuff happens (the abstraction leaks).

All stories and explanations are false.