ivankiss

Metaphysical solipsism, folks. Metaphysical.

50 posts in this topic

If you're going to use the word 'solipsism' to point towards the Absolute, you should most certainly emphasize that it is metaphysical in nature.

Solipsism on its own is a mental illness. Quite literally. Couldn't be further from the Truth.

Metaphysical solipsism however makes much more sense. It also sounds sexier. 

Still not the healthiest way to look at things, but there you go. Know the difference.

@Buck Edwards There is only one "thing" in existence and this "thing" is non - physical, non - human. 

3 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

@Buck Edwards There is only one "thing" in existence and this "thing" is non - physical, non - human. 

But it is attached so a single human at the moment through which qualia happens. And it is simulating the feelings and emotions of this single being.

1 minute ago, Holykael said:

But it is attached so a single human at the moment through which qualia happens. And it is simulating the feelings and emotions of this single being.

Or maybe you just think so? What if there is no human and nothing attached to it? What if there is only consciousness?

15 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

Or maybe you just think so? What if there is no human and nothing attached to it? What if there is only consciousness?

Direct experience doesn't lie

4 hours ago, ivankiss said:

If you're going to use the word 'solipsism' to point towards the Absolute, you should most certainly emphasize that it is metaphysical in nature.

Solipsism on its own is a mental illness. Quite literally. Couldn't be further from the Truth.

Metaphysical solipsism however makes much more sense. It also sounds sexier. 

Still not the healthiest way to look at things, but there you go. Know the difference.

I prefer Aloneness with a capital A.  Or Oneness with a capital O.  They mean the same.  If you assign a negative connotation to either notice this is a projection of the ego mind.  To go a step beyond, my preference or yours means zilch in the Absolute sense.  Interesting.  Also to say solipsism is a mental illness - perhaps this is also subjective at the deepest level.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inliytened1  My bad. Illness does not sound right. Mental disorder is what I meant. Delusion. It is a belief that distorts reality. It is not clarity. Not actuality.

"Aloneness" does not seem right either, since no one or nothing is actually ever alone. That's again just a thought or a feeling.

Singularity is not alone. It's just single. Oneness is not alone. It's just one. 

But yeah, in the end of the day, it's all just word play. Some may prefer this word, others that word.  

One should only be careful not to confuse a belief for actuality. No matter what words come out of the mouth.

Edited by ivankiss

15 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

@Inliytened1  My bad. Illness does not sound right. Mental disorder is what I meant. Delusion. It is a belief that distorts reality. It is not clarity. Not actuality.

"Aloneness" does not seem right either, since no one or nothing is actually ever alone. That's again just a thought or a feeling.

Singularity is not alone. It's just single. Oneness is not alone. It's just one. 

But yeah, in the end of the day, it's all just word play. Some may prefer this word, others that word.  

One should only be careful not to confuse a belief for actuality. No matter what words come out of the mouth.

Egoic solipsism or turning Oneness into a belief, is indeed delusion.  Turning anything into a belief or ideology is delusion.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@ivankiss solipsism is true if viewed with respect to the Infinite Self . There is only the Self . God .Truth .etc 

The false self (ego ) aka human self is NOT the only thing in existence. 

But it's true that there is only consciousness.  But notice that consciousness is a personal thing ..you are personally consciousness. It's not something separate from your direct experience. 

If you die in a car accident tomorrow..the whole world will die with you . Why? Because the whole world is uploaded in your consciousness  .

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

@ivankiss If you die in a car accident tomorrow..the whole world will die with you . Why? Because the whole world is uploaded in your consciousness  .

No.  It is because the you is an illusion.  You are all things now.  The illusion is viewing it from the lense of the self.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

3 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

No.  It is because the you is an illusion.  You are all things now.  The illusion js viewing it from the lense of the self.

Well.. I make a distinction between the false you and the Real You .

Not sure if you make that distinction as well . But for me..saying "the you is an illusion " and leaving it at that is extremely one dimensional and simplistic . Not sophisticated perspective on reality. 

The ego or the entity behind the eyes is illusion.  But you are infinite consciousness  . The whole world is being held within your consciousness.  You should know that already. How ? Just like how you hold a unicorn in your mind as a thought . That's sort of like a shallow level of imagination.  Your dreams at night are a denser version of imagination.  And the waking world is even more dense.  But its still a dream in consciousness nevertheless.  Where is your dream after you woke up?  Where would this world be after you ceases imaging it ?

-Osho

18 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Well.. I make a distinction between the false you and the Real You .

Not sure if you make that distinction as well . But for me..saying "the you is an illusion " and leaving it at that is extremely one dimensional and simplistic . Not sophisticated perspective on reality. 

The ego or the entity behind the eyes is illusion.  But you are infinite consciousness  . The whole world is being held within your consciousness.  You should know that already. How ? Just like how you hold a unicorn in your mind as a thought . That's sort of like a shallow level of imagination.  Your dreams at night are a denser version of imagination.  And the waking world is even more dense.  But its still a dream in consciousness nevertheless.  Where is your dream after you woke up?  Where would this world be after you ceases imaging it ?

This is entirely correct.  What threw me about your statement was that you said all of truth was uploaded into your consciousness.   You already hold Infinity because you are Infinity.  Limitation is simply shrinking your consciousness down into that of a squrrel...or that of a robin.  Nothing is moved or transferred...it is simply an illusion by changing the state of consciousness. 

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

11 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

This is entirely correct.  What threw me about your statement was that you said all of truth was uploaded into your consciousness.   You already hold Infinity because you are Infinity.  Limitation is simply shrinking your consciousness down into that of a squrrel...or that of a robin.  Nothing is moved or transferred...it is simply an illusion by changing the state of consciousness. 

Well can you clarify what was false about that statement?

Right now you are holding your phone or PC and reading this ..that gadget isn't a physical object that exists objectively in an objective universe..it's the activity of your mind (this was revealed to almost everyone who take 5 meo or any other potent psychedelic). That the world is mental rather than physical. And by mental I mean dream-like . So once you die..the dream ends and the entire universe is killed .

-Osho

2 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Well can you clarify what was false about that statement?

Right now you are holding your phone or PC and reading this ..that gadget isn't a physical object that exists objectively in an objective universe..it's the activity of your mind (this was revealed to almost everyone who take 5 meo or any other potent psychedelic). That the world is mental rather than physical. And by mental I mean dream-like . So once you die..the dream ends and the entire universe is killed .

It is indeed a dream.  I contradict nothing about your statement other than there is no ground to the beginning of what you are.  Nothing has been uploaded.  You are God in its fullest capacity.   God does not need to be in an infinite state to be God.  But - to take this as belief - is the devil.  The devil is simply that which keeps you from realizing your true self.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

9 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

It is indeed a dream.  I contradict nothing about your statement other than there is no ground to the beginning of what you are.  Nothing has been uploaded.  You are God in its fullest capacity.   God does not need to be in an infinite state to be God.  But - to take this as belief - is the devil.  The devil is simply that which keeps you from realizing your true self.

It was just an analogy.  What I meant by "uploaded " is its akin to data uploaded on a hard drive or memory card . Everything in existence is in that sense uploaded or carried inside your consciousness.  So if we destroy the hard drive the data is destroyed as well . Analogously..if we destroy consciousness..the whole world disappears. 

-Osho

12 hours ago, Someone here said:

@ivankiss solipsism is true if viewed with respect to the Infinite Self . There is only the Self . God .Truth .etc 

The false self (ego ) aka human self is NOT the only thing in existence. 

But it's true that there is only consciousness.  But notice that consciousness is a personal thing ..you are personally consciousness. It's not something separate from your direct experience. 

If you die in a car accident tomorrow..the whole world will die with you . Why? Because the whole world is uploaded in your consciousness  .

Nope, sorry, false. Consciousness is not a personal thing to me. That's again duality and being lost in thought/perception.

There is just consciousness. That's all. It's not attached to anyone or anything, it's not personal, it has nothing to do with a human being, or anything else. It is just conscious (of itself) as consciousness.

Also, that there is a world that disappears with me when I die is an idea. Not to be too cocky, but I did experience 'physical death' and guess what... Consciousness remains.

@ivankiss can you give me your self-definition?  How do you define yourself? What is exactly would you consider "you " to be ?

-Osho

@Someone here I don't think I can be any clearer. Consciousness. That is what I absolutely am. Even though there is no real 'I' in the Absolute.

'Ivan' is a bundle of thoughts, feelings, perceptions - if you're curious about that. My identity is a psychological construct - if you will. It is, ultimately, delusion. But another way to look at it is, it's God's favourite character to play in his favourite movie of all time. The play and all of its participants are respected as unique expressions of the One, true nature.