manuel bon

Magic Mushrooms VS Magic Truffles

13 posts in this topic

I have been living in the Netherlands for three years now, and it's common knowledge that magic truffles have been legalized here. While you can't purchase magic mushrooms legally, grow boxes are available for purchase, allowing individuals to cultivate their own. As I have no interest in growing my own, nor do I want to seek out a dealer, I usually purchase truffles. Though I have some experience with mushrooms, I'm unsure of the differences between the two compounds (both containing psilocybin). I'm unable to differentiate the variances, but I'd like to experience some relevant mystical moments. However, I'm uncertain if those states can be achieved with truffles. I'm skeptical due to the social stigma around them (people claim that truffles are less potent than mushrooms) and the marketing techniques used (boxes with crazy names and colors, and descriptions that make me suspicious). 

With this post I want then to ask you some questions:

• Do you know if there are actual differences between the two compounds?
  • Is it possible to experience relevant mystical or awakening/enlightenment state on truffles? 
  • Have YOU ever experienced anything like that on truffles?

Please share any story you have about truffles and/or mushrooms, I cannot wait to read it! 

Sending you love! manuel

1 hour ago, manuel bon said:

I'm unsure of the differences between the two compounds (both containing psilocybin).

What difference? You said it yourself. The compound is literally the same. A molecule is a molecule. What you're referring to is concentration. Truffles are generally less potent due to the lower concentration, so adjust the dose accordingly. But that's pretty much it. Whatever effects you experience with cubes at X% of psilocin in your brain, that will be identical to psilocin coming from truffles. Just play with the dose and start slow. You never know how potent these little fuckers are gonna be.

I am Dutch and I tries both.

You can either buy tuffles or buy a farmkit for mushrooms legally.

I definity feel there is a difference.

Truffles feels a lot smoother in terms if the trip and come up even with a bigger dose. A lot lighter.

Mushrooms feel a lot heavier and had a heavier come up. Could be coz it had more % per Mushroom, so it comes in harder. But that's my experience.

It depends. There might be slight differences in composition but you for me there is no difference except that truffles are more incovenient because they are hard and taste disgusting and tend to cause more nausea than shrooms. You can still make a tea though. 

@Starlight321 Yeah truffles really taste disgusting... I made a tea out of them once but I got even less effects.

On 7/31/2023 at 10:32 AM, Dragontech said:

You can either buy tuffles or buy a farmkit for mushrooms legally.

Do you know if it is easy to grow shrooms with the kit? Have you ever tried? If you have any suggestions on how to do it I'm all ears.

On 7/31/2023 at 9:36 AM, kylan11 said:

What you're referring to is concentration. Truffles are generally less potent due to the lower concentration, so adjust the dose accordingly.

Yeah I will compare the mgs of psilocybin between shrooms and truffles.

@manuel bon

Yeah the problem is I think with truffkel that you have to chew them well and eat like 15 to 20g to get a strong trip with mystical experiences. 

I've lived in NL for half a year.

Yeah it is very easy as long as your room is more or less clean and you avoid touching inside the bag where you put them in and seal the bag. But take a 100% mycelium kit size 1200cl because the chance is less of contamination because you don't have to add water in the bag. Aside from that 1200cl will be enough harvest like 20g to 25g dried shrooms and not 8-10 with the smaller one. But if you buy it make sure to control it for yellow spots as sign of contamination before you open it and take a picture of it so you might get a refund from the vendor if something goes wrong and you have some evidence that it wasn't your fold. If you want to dry them, you will have to do it quickly after harvest with some tek you have to think about in advance due to possible degradation of the active agent.

Usually there is instructions how to habdle the kit with some hygienic protocol to follow.

How do you intend to quantify the mg of psylocibine and psylocin? It wouldn't be wise to try to extract it from the shrooms because you might lose a lot in the process.

Thank you for the advices @Starlight321, when I get back to the Netherlands I will try the kit for sure.

52 minutes ago, Starlight321 said:

How do you intend to quantify the mg of psylocibine and psylocin? It wouldn't be wise to try to extract it from the shrooms because you might lose a lot in the process.

What I meant is that I will get informed on how many mg of psilocybin per gram truffles have, and compare it to a 2 or 3 grams dose of shrooms (which should be 20-30mg, if I'm not wrong). Then I can properly see how many grams of truffles I can take to get a significant trip.

This may be hard, as there are so many different types of truffles with different potencies; but I guess I will see.

Edited by manuel bon

On 1/8/2023 at 8:04 PM, manuel bon said:

Yeah truffles really taste disgusting... I made a tea out of them once but I got even less effects.

This^^ this is my issue also, even when i make a tea (w lemon), it slighty reduces the taste/ nausea but yes less potent. I always have trouble eating them, i cannot get pass the awful disgusting tatse of the truffles..

puts me off doing them as i dont have access to shrooms atm.

@cjoseph90 Yeah I understand it puts you off, maybe you could also try the shroom grow kit... For the truffles you can try to plug your nose and you won't taste them :P

The same in terms of effects but different dossages are needed. Use this calculator: https://www.zamnesia.com/magic-mushroom-dosage-calculator

Unless you are a veteran psychonaut you would never be able to see the difference in the experience. 

Truffles bought from netherlands are great. 

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless you live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, you should know the requirements of your body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is wild. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ...                         Discipline this life & Realize Absolute Infinity

On 15/08/2023 at 0:45 PM, Davino said:

The same in terms of effects but different dossages are needed. Use this calculator: https://www.zamnesia.com/magic-mushroom-dosage-calculator

Unless you are a veteran psychonaut you would never be able to see the difference in the experience. 

Truffles bought from netherlands are great. 

I ate 50 grams of fresh truffles in Amsterdam. 

Truffles are for kids. 

12 hours ago, TheGod said:

I ate 50 grams of fresh truffles in Amsterdam. 

Truffles are for kids. 

I don't think your experience will be replicable for other people.

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless you live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, you should know the requirements of your body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is wild. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ...                         Discipline this life & Realize Absolute Infinity