LSD-Rumi

The only antidepressant that worked for me

38 posts in this topic

Ahhhh, what a relief, I am feeling myself again. I tried many SSRIs, an SNRI, and a tricyclic antidepressant with no use, it was like drinking water or worse. 

Now, I started taking another antidepressant a week ago that works on dopamine rather than serotonin called bupropion, and the effects are amazing. I started taking it with DXM as it potentiates its effect and makes the onset quicker. It looks like my brain was deficient in dopamine, not serotonin.

@LSD-Rumi Hi.

How did bupropion affect verbal fluency/force? fluidity of thought? stress/anxiety? libido? sexual fantasies? ?

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

1 hour ago, Schizophonia said:

@LSD-Rumi Hi.

How did bupropion affect verbal fluency/force? fluidity of thought? stress/anxiety? libido? sexual fantasies? ?

No changes apart from a slight increase in anxiety.

@LSD-Rumi just curious have you ever experimented with things like large doses of St John's Wort or Saffron? 

Some of those experimental trials show comparable effects to even Prozac or Mirtazapine but I've never had an opportunity to try them with anyone because they can't be mixed with any meds. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

8 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

@LSD-Rumi just curious have you ever experimented with things like large doses of St John's Wort or Saffron? 

Some of those experimental trials show comparable effects to even Prozac or Mirtazapine but I've never had an opportunity to try them with anyone because they can't be mixed with any meds. 

St John's wart is basically an SSRI, and those didn't work for me. I was interested in trying saffron but I lost hope in all supplements after trying lots of them. 

At some point I was taking a high dose SNRI medication a long with high dose tricyclic antidepressant with no use. So I don't think such things will work for me. I bombarded my brain with serotonin with no benefit.

Edited by LSD-Rumi

2 hours ago, Enlightement said:

@Schizophonia have you tried zoloft? 

No, I've never taken an SSRI and I'm not interested in it, there are too many problems with them.

The only problem with dopaminergic products is that they can make you more impulsive, especially if they increase noradrenalinergic signaling a lot.

1 hour ago, LSD-Rumi said:

No changes apart from a slight increase in anxiety.

Did you ever try nicotine (by vaping for exemple) ? It’s not like amphetamines or MAOI, it’s actually sedative, anxiolytic, and way less damaging for brain at term.

12 minutes ago, LSD-Rumi said:

@Schizophonia I tried some nicotine gum, nothing amazing.

Because the dose is low (made for people in withdrawal) the assimilation is slow and it is actually a chore to handle the nicotine gum properly for the assimilation to be correct.

When you vape you have to pay attention to it because it hits you hard, unless you are used to it. (as with any product btw)

Edited by Schizophonia

The drug started really kicking today. I feel a huge surge of energy. I feel some sort of peace and fulfillment. It is like being slightly high on something. It reminds me with the time I was doing PCE, it has some sort of similaity to it. I am finally starting to feel emotional and psychological stability, I should have tried thia drug long ago. Actually, I wanted to but it wasn't available in my country until recently. This is the real stuff. 

Edited by LSD-Rumi

On 7/28/2023 at 5:32 AM, Schizophonia said:

No, I've never taken an SSRI and I'm not interested in it, there are too many problems with them.

How would you know that there are too many problems with them if you haven’t tried them before?

With that said, I’ve tried a bunch of them in the past. They would work for a few months, but then that’s about it. 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

5 hours ago, Yimpa said:

How would you know that there are too many problems with them if you haven’t tried them before?

With that said, I’ve tried a bunch of them in the past. They would work for a few months, but then that’s about it. 

They decrease energy production, and libido by increasing prolactin.
Even if I were suicidal (which I'm not) I'd rather take benzodiazepines here and there.

1 hour ago, Schizophonia said:

They decrease energy production, and libido by increasing prolactin.
Even if I were suicidal (which I'm not) I'd rather take benzodiazepines here and there.

Not all of them. Prozac and Zoloft could actually decrease weight, and I could masturbate just fine on many antidepressants. Also, Prozac is well-known to increase energy.

They can help a lot in some people. 

Edited by LSD-Rumi

1 hour ago, LSD-Rumi said:

I’d be interested to see how the research will change once drugs like ketamine, MDMA, and mushrooms get more research done in the next 10-20 years. 

Also, if depression is still a major problem all across the world (even in the US), then can we really say that SSRIs work in the grand scheme of things? 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

I like this experimentation, what is the tolerance like and what are the long term effects? will it stop working at some point and leave the brain even more dopamine deficient then before? 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

2 minutes ago, integral said:

I like this experimentation, what is the tolerance like and what are the long term effects? will it stop working at some point and leave the brain even more dopamine deficient then before? 

Time will tell.

But from my own experience using stimulant medication for ADHD (specifically Vyvanse), the effects eventually become less reliable (i.e. it only lasts a few hours instead of a full day);  so I have to have the dose increased to see if that helps.

I’ve tried using Adderall as a booster 4-5 hours after taking Vyvanse. While it -also helped at first, continuous use ruins my sleep, so I decided it’s best to stop using it. It also made me more paranoid.

1 hour ago, Yimpa said:

Also, if depression is still a major problem all across the world (even in the US), then can we really say that SSRIs work in the grand scheme of things

Because Depression is very complicated and many factors come into play. 

5 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

Not all of them. Prozac and Zoloft could actually decrease weight, and I could masturbate just fine on many antidepressants. Also, Prozac is well-known to increase energy.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0149763415000287

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25498416/